Tiling costs?

Hi,
We are planning to get some of our rooms tiled (kitchen, entrance, family and laundry. Possibly lounge as well) and the area is approximately 75 m2. Could you please help me get an idea of how much I can expect to pay a good tiler? We've already removed the existing carpets - the floor is bare. One tiler has quoted $100 per m2 just for labour (We provide the tiles). He tiled our bathrooms and we were happy with his work but are a bit hesitant to use him for the rest of the work as he is so pricey:(

Thanks.

It ranges from $35.00-$80.00 per sqm for labour only
Its usually the more you pay the better job should be.
On top of that you have to add grout, glue, angles etc. approx. $8.00 per sqm plus the cost to purchase the tiles.
These are sydney prices.

Thanks, so I'm guessing that labour+materials (including cement sheet below tiles; grout, glue etc, excluding tiles) should be $85 at the very top of the range.

So $100 is over the top, he is probably quoting Toorak prices:eek:

About $50sqm seems to be the sweet spot for a quality tiler. Less usually means a not so great job, more they are busy and dont want the work.

Are you sure you cant do it yourself? Surely you can whip out a chalk line and flick some guide lines for yourself and tile a few m2?

$75 x 75m2 = pretty big saving DIY.

pinkboy

Just got about 50 SQM done and I noticed that prices hower between $40 - $50,- per SQM including tiling, glue and grout, but does not incude cement sheets and installation.

Find out if you need cement sheets to be installed before tiling? If you do please note that tilers do not often like that type of work and charge absolutely premioum for it, if they do it at all. You can do installation by yourself or if you require help you can get handyman to it about $25,- per SQM.

We pay $45 plus GST per sqm (including glue, cement etc) - our tiler charged us $55 per sqm for the first job, but we negotiated down down for our second job.

Thanks for your inputs. At least now I have an idea of how much it would cost. Our floor is pretty uneven which is why the tiler recommended a cement underlay.

There'll be a bit of double work there. First floor levelling and any underlay. Then the tiling. That can explain the costs.

As there is a bed to be laid you will have to take off all your doors and cut them down to suit as well.

Back