Tut Tut Mr Rudd, Control Your Temper.

HEADLINE:

"PRIME MINISTER RUDD JOINS BELINDA NEAL IN ANGER MANAGEMENT COURSE."

Well, at least maybe he should. So is Mr Rudd an arrogant so and so for reducing a 23 year old stewardess to tears?

I think so.

PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd was forced to apologise mid-flight to an RAAF cabin attendant on a VIP jet after he berated her because his "special" meal went missing.

The 23-year-old air force staffer wept and reported the matter to the senior cabin attendant after Mr Rudd reacted "strongly" when told his meal request could not be met.

An official report was filed by 84 Wing and the VIP Fleet Group commander Captain Peter Wood, detailing the behaviour of "VIP No. 1", Mr Rudd.

"The crew were distressed but later in-flight apologies were made by all," the report said.

The attendant later composed herself and continued with the service.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25282526-5001021,00.html

I think that our Prime Minister has alot of hot air in his head from the 15 overseas trips he made in 12 months. (Not including the 3 he has made this year.)

The worst thing is that he DENIED it until The Daily Telegraph uncovered the Flight Attendant's Incident Report, which by the way, the Defence Department had denied access to previously.

The squeeky clean man is starting tarnish............

Regards Jo

Honestly, who knows??/

He could be an arrogant monster. Or he could be a human being who had a bad day and got frustrated - something I have seen from many people from all walks of life.

I find it really hard to judge as I have such a low opinion of the media and their reporting as well as politicians in general.

I can say I have met the man on a couple of occaisions (twice before he was running for PM) and he just seems like a normal man. Then again he is a politician...

Well, at least maybe he should. So is Mr Rudd an arrogant so and so for reducing a 23 year old stewardess to tears?

This 23 year old is a uniformed member of the ADF. :eek:

Since when do servicemen/women burst into tears if someone isn't nice to them? The Prime Minister is entitled to a vegitarian meal if his wish had been conveyed earlier, and I assume that would be well known.

I admit that we should all control our temper, but it's not a hanging offence.

Apparently the report makes it very clear that he reduced this girl to tears and used "strong" language.

We have all had our fair share of bad service. I have actually found a piece of glass in a meal once. But how many people out there have reduced someone to tears?

Actually, I personally have been reduced to tears by an arrogant CEO type, who thought I'd served him an already opened bottle of Moet when I was 20. Maybe if I had a uniform on I would have been ok.;)

Is that true, Sunfish? Would her training include being verbally abused by her Prime Minister and a man nearly three times her age?

Kevin Rudd is our Prime Minister and in a position of power. The Prime Minister of a country, should not use his position to reduce a 23 year old to tears because someone forgot to order his meal.

Regards Jo

:rolleyes: I would hate to see what he does when unemployment goes above 10% ,if this is the way he acts when he throws a girlieboy fit over the wrong meal and drink,the young lady sholud have backhanded him and told him to wake up too himself..willair..

This 23 year old is a uniformed member of the ADF. :eek:

Since when do servicemen/women burst into tears if someone isn't nice to them? The Prime Minister is entitled to a vegitarian meal if his wish had been conveyed earlier, and I assume that would be well known.

I admit that we should all control our temper, but it's not a hanging offence.

Exactly,

I would hope the rest of our military are a bit harder and our country couldn't be overthrown by angry hordes yelling nasty comments.

I can see it now, Hordes sweep over horizon yelling "Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smelt of elderberries", (ADF runs away tearfully)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXpxEqo-KZQ

Dave

I don't care if he was stressed or hungry or upset or tired. To speak to a ADF member such as is reported ( who, by the way is limited in their reponse to such comments due to service conditions ) just shows a lack of class. He treated her like an inferior because at the end of the day, that was what he thought of her. He is an arrogant PM who is upset because his true nature is finally unravelling in front of the Australian public.

Phil

It's nice to know our service women are "reduced to tears" by some strong language by the nerdiest geekiest looking politician we have.
Another neocon media beatup about how this conduct is unacceptable blah blah.

What would happen if people spoke to their employees like Alan Jones does to callers he does'nt agree with?
Nobody seemed to ever mention the daily tirades of Kerry Packer.

And nobody still seems know exactly what was said, so it's just speculation.

Sounds as though it wasn't the only issue during the flight as more details come out, probably the last straw and after all he is human. I bet she wouldn't have made such a fuss if it was a regular passenger - she wouldn't have got her 15 minutes of fame!

Surely no different to everyone else who berates air hostesses when Qantas/Jetstar/Virgin ****s up their special requests.

If she bursts into tears because someone uses strong language towards her she should not be in the defence force. Maybe she needs to work in a call centre for a while to HTFU.

The Daily Telegraph uncovered the Flight Attendant's Incident Report, which by the way, the Defence Department had denied access to previously.

.....and if the Defence Dept had of continued to deny the gutter press at TDT access to the reports, everything would have been fine.

He treated her like an inferior because at the end of the day, that was what he thought of her. He is an arrogant PM

Staggering disregard for his thought processes and immediate experiences.

He's the PM. He's been hanging out with the world's 20 most powerful people on the planet. He's got the weight of the nation on his shoulders and is probably thinking about 75 different critical things.

She's a like wet like behind the like ears like little 23 y.o. like hostess probably thinking about like two things - serving him drinks and food - and stuffed it up royally.

He treated her like an inferior cos she bl00dy well is. If I was in his position, I'd run her a$$ off and have her scrubbing potatoes at boot camp for the rest of her time in the ADF. I bet the next bod in the position would smarten up the service levels. I seem to recall a thread or two about low service levels somewhere. Perhaps Aussie personnel in serving roles need to have skins slightly thicker than crepe paper.

We are NOT all equal. This PC mumbo jumbo and journo point scoring is farcical and the lefty brigade laps it up. Begone cry-baby 23.

P.S. I vote Liberal and think Rudd is a squirrel - but I respect the position he holds and he deserves more respect than that. The worm who reported the "incident" is no doubt a similar new age cry baby 23 yr old who couldn't get into any other course at Uni other than journalism.

Why do people even read drivel like that and which editor reckons it's worthy of front page billing ??

HEADLINE:

"PRIME MINISTER RUDD JOINS BELINDA NEAL IN ANGER MANAGEMENT COURSE."

I think so.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25282526-5001021,00.html

I think that our Prime Minister has alot of hot air in his head from the 15 overseas trips he made in 12 months. (Not including the 3 he has made this year.)

The worst thing is that he DENIED it until The Daily Telegraph uncovered the Flight Attendant's Incident Report, which by the way, the Defence Department had denied access to previously.

The squeeky clean man is starting tarnish............

Regards Jo

The highest position male in the country has a lot more to worry about than his "special meal" going missing.

I mean; just have a bloody toasted cheese and ham sandwich for god's sake if they can't get the actual meal. I'll go for spag bog everytime if all else fails. :)

Get a real problem; actually - he has real problems, so why worry about food?

I've been to restaurants and seen the cantankerous diner whining and getting very angry at the staff because the food or drink is wrong.

No matter whether they are right or wrong; they always look wrong.

All it takes is to say to the waitress or the "flight attendant" in this case; "my meal is not correct, can you bring me the right one, please?"

All it takes is to say to the waitress or the "flight attendant" in this case; "my meal is not correct, can you bring me the right one, please?"

She is neither a waitress nor a "flight attendant". She is a uniformed member of the ADF, a group sworn to defend us against people with guns. She would have done her "rookies" training which should have given her the basic skills to defend the Commonwealth. Theoretically, everyone wearing uniform is competent to take up arms. It sounds to me as if the girl next door would have more backbone after doing a Responsible Service Of Alcohol course.

Trouble is, according to the ABC (which we all know is WAAAAY left) the RAAF VIP flight has been stuffing him around for some time. How is this possible? In the services people are ordered to meet minimum standards and beyond. I find it incomprehensible that this mini-airline, whose primary job is to fly the Head of State around can't get it right.

Lets get one thing straight: When you join the ADF you accept that you must follow orders. You are not a member of the baggage handlers union.

From what I heard this all occured in January but only became public now.

As for the girl, a teaspoon of concrete wouldn't go astray. The problem these days? Cotton wool kids.

Back to Kevin 747. You may recall that 1/2 his staff left within his first 6 months in office because of his demands and his Kevin 24/7 work ethic.

I'll take bets in a couple of years all will be forgotten and Malcopops and Kevin 2011 will have other things to think about (I just love those puns)

Project 1080

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

"Mr Rudd's chief spin doctor Lachlan Harris initially tried to cover up the incident with a flat denial that it had even occurred yesterday."

I find the actions of the 23 y.o. attendant quite irrelavent to this story.

Rudds behaviour though very ordinary can be understandable.

What I cannot understand is the temerity of Rudds representative to deny that it ever happened, Rudds inner circle would sit down and discuss what path to take before a statement was issued.

I would leave it to each reader here to put their own bias on this, but also bear in mind
the lack of disclosure by Defence Minister Joel Fitzgibbon about his trips to China paid for by a friend, is there a trend developing that isn't towards transparent governance?

Pete

...Staggering disregard for his thought processes and immediate experiences.
I don't believe so.

...He's the PM. He's been hanging out with the world's 20 most powerful people on the planet. He's got the weight of the nation on his shoulders and is probably thinking about 75 different critical things.
Goes with the job; get over it.

...He treated her like an inferior cos she bl00dy well is. If I was in his position, I'd run her a$$ off and have her scrubbing potatoes at boot camp for the rest of her time in the ADF.
And do pray tell how long and where you served in the ADF.

...We are NOT all equal.

Regardless, we all deserve equal respect. Get over it.

Phil :)

Back