Tut Tut Mr Rudd, Control Your Temper.

I do find it funny (LMAO) that the RAAF girls would cry over this. Even if he were the devil incarnate and threatening to crucify her family. Anyone with any service experience will be able to vouch for the fact that defense personel have to put up with ALOT of crap and verbal abuse just to get through basic training. Training for the defense force is not a walk in the park, There is reason for that - to seperate those who can take the heat from those who cann't. Yet apparantly this girl who has been trained to take orders and is at the bottom of the food chain, got so upset by a superior who acted arogantly and berated her for something that may have been beyond her control. Gosh I am not even in the services (although my DH is). But I put up with that from customers everytime I go to work.

Not that that would make treating her like crap alright - I just find it funny is all, and it does make me question the validity of the reported event. I mean a journalist would never exagerate to sell a story would they???

There seem to be two takes on this story.

The people who didn't like Mr Rudd to start with are saying that his behaviour is inexcusable.

And the people who did like him are saying that he's just a normal human.

Just like always, with every politician, everywhere, anywhere.

(Other people are the same, but it's just not quite so public)

hostess needs to HTFU
i have a feeling that journos just twisted the story.
for all we know she could be crying because she felt guilty for not being able to please him

WTF is HTFU ?

So Rudd maybe "could" have acted more tactuflly, and she maybe "could" have taken it a bit lighter.. well, WOW, I have never ever even had a situation in my life where I could have done better, I've always done the perfect thing, always.....................

no woder the media love this type of ****... look at the reactions it brings out in people in defence of one side, or in condemnation of the other..

Thanks, I worked it out whilst finishing the rest of my post

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but WTF is FWIW ?

Wow, I'm amazed how many people think that just because you're competent with weapons, that you lose the right to have human emotions. :rolleyes:

Sunfish, I think you're talking about a very "old school" version of the military that (thankfully) doesn't exist any more. Dazz, you're a darling, but I'm very glad I never worked for you. :D

The PM's the one in a leadership position in this situation.

It's hammered into RAAF members that when you're superior in rank, it's even more important to be polite to juniors and not abusive, because your uneven positions means that they can't retaliate. You can be somewhat ruder to a superior, if you're willing to risk censure, because they can defend themselves and tell you to "pull your head in". But when disciplining somebody who's junior in rank, it's even more important to speak moderately and with regard to the person's dignity, precisely because they have to "suck it up".

For those commenting about how she'd react in a conflict: surely you can see that your mindset is quite different when in a combat situation than when you're serving food and drink to VIPs on a 737. An SAS soldier can cry at an ANZAC Day service and still be competent in combat.

Losing your cool doesn't inspire respect and confidence. The more appropriate question - if we're demanding perfection, which I don't think is right of anybody - is: "If the PM can lose it over the wrong meal, how is he going to respond when we're under attack?"

PS: jaycee, FWIW = For What It's Worth

Last edited:
extremely rare
takes more than a 'stewardess'(apologies to past and present RAAF members, not my attitude, I like close air support) in tears
throw the 2ic out of the plane,(harnessed) didnt happen

RAAF aircraft commander lodged an official report == much more than a hissy fit

Last edited:
OK OZ. But the PM is not a trained Officer in the ADF. To get where he is in a "dog eat dog" world there would have been no time for such niceties.

Remember the drama where the Yanks saved this female private who had been captured? She was "just a driver" who got lost (bet she wishes she'd learnt how to read a map herself rather than relying on others) and then had no real idea how to use her weapon once they were in trouble. Bet she wishes she'd listened to that bit too. :) The point is the military is a defence force and should be staffed accordingly.

I'd be willing to bet that for any experienced airline "flight attendant" it would have been "just another day in the office".

I must come back to the incompetence demonstrated by the VIP Flight. What's so hard about knowing the likes and dislikes of your Head Of State? Are you suggesting that in an egalitarian society such as ours he deserves no more than we must accept in cattle class?

From what I have read, this is the media trying to stick it to 28yo Lachlan Harris. He's got a lot of journos off side with his lying manipulative fascist bullying.

Pugheaded Harris obviously wants Australia to be run more like China.

0,,5888378,00.jpg

If Rudd allows Harris to operate this way, then Rudd obviously doesn't understand democracy either.

Bollocks with this 'he's an important man so it's alright to be a pratt'. Reminds me of those people in restaraunts who are rude to a minimum wage waiter because they can be.

Sure the media jump on these types of things and we all know just how reliable they are, could well be a storm in a chai tea cup.. But how about the denial of the incident by the Rudd team? Hard pressed trying to think up a way to justify that at all.

Am I hearing things?

I thought I heard on one lot of news that no one was served any meals on the flight, vegetarian or anything else.

From what I have read, this is the media trying to stick it to 28yo Lachlan Harris. He's got a lot of journos off side with his lying manipulative fascist bullying.

Pugheaded Harris obviously wants Australia to be run more like China.

0,,5888378,00.jpg

If Rudd allows Harris to operate this way, then Rudd obviously doesn't understand democracy either.

Thanks for the link WW. Hopefully we will see Harris' departure in the not too distant future. Seriously, who are these clowns with a chip on their shoulder? You can't bully the media and expect favourable treatment in the press. But hey, they are only journo's I suppose.

Phil :)

"If the PM can lose it over the wrong meal, how is he going to respond when we're under attack?"

I'd suggest exactly the same. He is going to order the military to do exactly as he orders, and by law they are going to follow his orders to the letter. When they fail to deliver on his orders, I reckon he's going to get stroppy again.

Let's hope the military commanders who fail to do their political masters bidding (including die for them) don't cry like babies when they are being castigated for failing to properly carry out their orders.

That's what politicians are there to do - give orders. That's what military personnel are there to do - take orders. For some reason in this new twisted world, politicians tip-toe around pretending not to give orders and military personnel jackboot around pretending not to accept them ?? Weak as puush. Now this is how to give an order....

http://www.ukcluster.net/the-wrong-bike.wmv

Now if we are going to delve deeper into the "delivery" and "tone" and "he was nasty to me" drivel instead of sticking to the substance of the order and failure to deliver.....well, that's a totally different namby pamby subject.

Last edited:
Back