Villa in West London

There's potential to add value by adding in a floor and extra bedrooms in the double height reception.. and there must be room for a granny flat or two on the front lawn :D

Love the indoor swimming pool and steam room! although the pool is a bit short to swim laps in.

I stumbled across this whilst looking at what's for sale in my locality. It's not my thing, but it's an impressive piece of work.

http://aylesfords.reapit.com/ayldets/CHE120079.PDF

No idea what the asking price, but the next one down in the listings is £40 million.

Get saving. :D

Just a couple of miles from where I spent my first 50+ years, though my home was somewhat more modest. As they used to say about Rolls Royces, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it!

If it was an Australian agent, they probably would have just used an RPData photo of the outside and a couple of grainy photos taken with an iphone of the kitchen.

Oh, I definitely can't afford it. Nor can I ever see any way in which I could. Besides, I live on my own, and can't see the point in having more than two bedrooms. :D

I took a quick look at Zoopla, and no house has ever sold for more than £4.5 million in Twickenham. In fact, there have only been three sales in neighbouring Richmond, which is more expensive, that have gone over this level.

Yet looking at Rightmove there are far more properties for sale above this at present. I don't know if it's over-optimistic vendors, and there seems to be an epidemic of them in London, or it's tapping into the whole super-prime bubble. And a few (such as this one) have been hanging around for a while now.

Personally I'd suggest buying this place out in Kent, and then a Pied a Terre in London.

The oz dollar appreciation had helped us convicts secure a piece of real estate like this one.

imagine the price in aud five or so years back, when our dollar was useless, 2.4 from memory.

I like the London one best....

this sort of place always reminds me of Pride and Prejudice when Lizzie tells Jane she is engaged to Mr Darcy...

``"It has been coming on so gradually, that I hardly know when it began. But I believe I must date it from my first seeing his beautiful grounds at Pemberley"

My husband and I joke about this all the time.....It would be easy to fall in love with someone who owned such a beautiful home..... :D

Back