wangaratta - comments

hi guys

I have started my reasearch for my small county IP in vic

it seems that ballarat market is very hot atm and properties are snapped right away

I am looking under 200 - it doesnt seem to be many there and one's which are into market are getting snapped right away

i cant go for more than 200 ( so cant compete with big guns )

so I started looking at others in my list

I have noticed wangaratta seems to be good for IP ( good rental yeild)

but dont any thing other than that

wants to hear ur opinions on wangaratta

Is there any recent infrastructure growth in the area

forecast for the area

good/bad areas in the town

population of the place

any webistes/links or reports I can look at

anything would be great to start

thanks guys

sri

Mmmm I wahini'd in Wang in 1976.... Ballarat has a real appeal, a decent population, close to Melbourne, emerging industries, IT industries, retail. Almost commutable to Melbourne at a pinch (114km).

I'd continue looking in Ballarat over Wangaratta in a heartbeat. While I haven't studied yields in Wang (or Benalla) these are sort of sleepy hollows. I don't see where the growth is going to come from.

Confession - I have a cheapy IP in a very small Victorian country town of about 600 people. But this place is small and the house cost $45k. Wang I see as being in between (10 or 20,000? population).

If you want yield and a cheap entry price perhaps Morewell is worth a look. Not sure how talk about coal fired power stations is going to affect the Latrobe Valley. But 10% should be quite easy in Morewell and you might buy for $100k.

Back