Water front cheap suburb WANTED

Gday all...

I am from small but very expensive water front suburb in WA. I would like to get in to my second investment property during super low interest rate. But I WA is so expensive. As rates go down, prices going over the roof...

If any of the property GURUs can share with your thoughts about cheap suburbs in SA or VIC. I like NT but can not afford to pay too much....

Ok, Preferably would like a to buy super cheap and stick into few years before sale. Either close to beach or river would be ideal..( ha ha I know , there are no cheap suburbs close to beach.... But I mean close) .

After 3 weeks, i get 2 weeks off from work and may able to travel and check out... Your suggestions and help appreciated...

cheers..

There's some pretty cheap stuff close to the beach in the greater mandurah area. Have you already looked into that? Places like Falcon and Dawesville etc

thanks mate, yeah there are heaps of small suburbs south of Mandurah are still cheap. If I bought, will I make gud profit after few years. And can I get a reasonable rental income...Anyway thanks for comments... One member PM me and told me of NT, with low corporate Tax , that place going to be a hit...

Lol check out frankson its an hour south of melb is full of bogans and is very cheap in areas sounds alot like mandurah were we live :rolleyes: we would fell right at home

Mandurah and gold coast are the obvious ones, but then there are smaller places like bunbury and bundaberg

Bunbury has some ridiculously cheap properties! While I don't know first hand, I've heard they're cheap for a very good reason, though...

Gday all...

I am from small but very expensive water front suburb in WA. I would like to get in to my second investment property during super low interest rate. But I WA is so expensive. As rates go down, prices going over the roof...

If any of the property GURUs can share with your thoughts about cheap suburbs in SA or VIC. I like NT but can not afford to pay too much....

Ok, Preferably would like a to buy super cheap and stick into few years before sale. Either close to beach or river would be ideal..( ha ha I know , there are no cheap suburbs close to beach.... But I mean close) .

After 3 weeks, i get 2 weeks off from work and may able to travel and check out... Your suggestions and help appreciated...

cheers..

I would be chasing the property cycle and start looking at the central coast in NSW, cheap properties here.

Sydney is booming and believe Newcastle is also taking off, central coast will also take off, look at Woy Woy, Gosford Wyong to name a few.

Do a search on central coast, someone with excellent knowledge of this area is Propertyunity who is also a buyers agent.

Cheers,
:)MTR

If any of the property GURUs can share with your thoughts about cheap suburbs in SA or VIC. .

Firstly let me declare my bias. After selling practically all of what I owned in WA, I've put most of my net worth into Frankston, a beachside suburb in Victoria. For around $300,000 you can get a decent brick house on a redevelopable dual occ or triple occ site. But, as other forumites are aware, Frankston has plenty of social problems and is not for everyone. I'm in it for a 10-15 year time frame, as I was with my WA portfolio.

http://www.worklifefrankston.com/property-details.asp?ID=102

From the above link (which may be biased): "Frankston City benefits from a strong economic environment in Melbourne’s south east region. A prosperous $142 billion local economy houses a quarter of Victoria’s businesses and generates almost a quarter of its jobs. Frankston City has over 9,500 businesses."

Palm Cove....with the dollar going down Cairns will start to recover, as the tourists come in, so rentals will go up.

Very good point. A falling AUD is very positive for Cairns. The old days of Cairns being a haven for Japanese tourists is largely over - these days its popular with tourists from many countries.

we had a holiday in Port Douglass recently . Some nice cheap properties , but Strata fees ......:eek:

Had a drive around Cairns on last day and Palm Cove seemed to be the pick of the waterfront places in terms of a nice streetscape and feel too it.

If I was going to buy a bolt hole to escape the sydney winter , this would be one on the agenda.

No Idea about it's future or what it's really like on the ground , but Magnetic island is also one place I'd do due diligence on , but I wonder what the returns ( if any ) are . I under stand it's nice but very quiet. I've never been there , to me it's a place on the map in a nice location

Cliff

Magnetic island is also one place I'd do due diligence on , but I wonder what the returns ( if any ) are . I under stand it's nice but very quiet. I've never been there , to me it's a place on the map in a nice location

Cliff

Hi Cliff, I know a wee bit about Magnetic Island. It has 4 small towns, and its entire industry is tourism. Everything else eg shopkeeping, police, school, trades etc is a by-product of the tourist industry. People who live there are either in the tourist industries or are retirees.

The cost of building property is higher than on the mainland as all the materials have to be shipped in. I imagine most investment opportunities would be short term holiday lets. A large proportion of the tourists are either foreign backpackers or over-wintering Victorian retirees.

Townsville is geographically very close but many people would not go there often unless they have to, although a select few live on the island and work there, also there is no secondary school on the island so every ferry at school times sees a small number of parents meeting / seeing off their kids.

Shopping is more expensive, there is an IGA and Foodworks on the island. Better value is to get Coles or Woolworths to deliver which they do twice a week.

It would be a nice place to live if you didn't want to go anywhere, and were just content to potter around your local area. As with all of FNQ, you can't swim in the sea in the warmer months due to jellyfish, there are stinger nets but these are not impregnable.

HTH

JB

Back