We are Foster parents

The last week and a half were so fun.
The patter of little feet running around.
We had three little kittens who needed eye drops 3x daily, then they were ready for adoption at the SPCA.

Yesterday we had to give them back :(

I told them how much we had enjoyed our time with these little fluff balls.
Their ears perked up, and one SPCA lady cames from another room, and asked if she was hearing correctly.
She then asked if we wanted an abandoned mother and day old kittens.We said sure. Tomorrow after they are checked by their vet, they are coming to stay with us until they are old enough for adoption.

ITS ROOOOOOOLLLy hard to give them back

attachment.php

there are lots of pics, to make me less lonely, this is Kate

NEW mum & kittens tomorrow

Attachments

• DSCF1738.JPG
    DSCF1738.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 556
It is hard to give them back, but I keep reminding myself while they are here, we are just getting them ready for their "forever home".

They can't get adopted while they are at our home...we are just caretakers.

How incredibly beautiful. Just fantastic, am a keen animal lover myself, love the picture, love it, love it...

Look at the claws out on that little pipsqueak!

I want to cuddle the kitten.

We are due to have puppies.

Once we had puppies and kittens together, they all got on just fine, it was wonderful, (they all went to beautiful new servant-owners).

Take my hat off to you Kathryn (and Bob). I couldn't do it because I'd also end up as the crazy cat lady - or dog lady!

I couldn't hand them back and would end up on some current affairs program as the crazy old cat man with 200 cats.

I love my puddies too.

I've told my young one, a few times :p, that I'm going to get some of those stickers people buy, of people and animals, to stick on the back windscreen, but I'm going to get one of a lady and 12 cats - preferrably a crazy looking lady if they have one.

He tells me, 'that's just silly', 'you're not funny', and 'you're joking, right' :D.

btw, why do people put those stickers on their car ??

Since we have 2 years of housesitting behind us, looking after other people's pets and then leaving them has helped.
My own 2 cats live with my son, who's apt is just downstairs from ours, so that also helps. (he doesn't want to give them back..since he cares for them while we are in Australia)

Our cats have always been spayed, so I haven't been such young kittens since I was a kid.

We take lots of pictures...

Speaking of cat ladies/men.
We are getting ready to fix the place we evicted a tenant. She had 2 cats on her lease. When we did an inspection there were approx 15.
From what I found out, she surrendered some to the SPCA.
What a mess. All our furniture and carpet must be replaced.

Beautiful to see you've given them a loving home until they're ready to go to their permanent homes.

I don't think I could give them back either, I cat-sat for my friend a little while ago and was so sad that I had to give her back (had her for 6 weeks), and so went down to the shelter and now I have my own pretty kitty! :)

In fact, almost all the cats at my parents place are because of me. :eek:

Both my kitties are rescue cats. Oscar was on death row at 6 months old, Minnie was an abandoned litter, got her at 16 weeks.

oscar.jpg

cats2.jpg

cats1.jpg

My dog, Wolf, was also a rescue dog through NSW Husky Rescue

wolf8.jpg

It's always nice to see pics of other people's pets :)

SPCA called awhile ago.
They are having trouble capturing the mother cat, so it may be a couple of days before we get them.

I love my puddies too.

I've told my young one, a few times :p, that I'm going to get some of those stickers people buy, of people and animals, to stick on the back windscreen, but I'm going to get one of a lady and 12 cats - preferrably a crazy looking lady if they have one.

He tells me, 'that's just silly', 'you're not funny', and 'you're joking, right' :D.

btw, why do people put those stickers on their car ??

:D My girlfriend says the same thing.

Either that or two adults and a big pile of cash.

I hate those stickers.

I have a sticker, from the roadhouse
havent put it on the window yet, scuse the scan, its white on clear
attachment.php

Attachments

• CCI13062012_0000a.jpg
    CCI13062012_0000a.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 329
I didnt put em in the slipper, I couldnt keep em out of the slipper
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php