What are you going to import now with USD @ 1.09?

Looking to buy an I-Pad, can anyone who has purchased recently online point to the store they purchased from - am checking ebay.

Thanks

i may look at a few watches

I was buying a TAG for a family member about 3 months ago

Shop retail price $3395

grey importer online, the cheapst was $1755 USD, which at the time including 2.5% credit card surchager, 10% GST ended up $2050

ended up bargaining down at the local retail shop to $2200 which I thought was a great deal!

I wonder if it would be better now to buy from these grey importers????

anyone looked at branded watches??

show condition 1962 chevs go for 15-35k in the US, with the 1958 above going for more than that. Then you have shipping, tariffs, compliance, dramas, migraines the works - but in Aus I've seen them go for double so it's worth it unless there's some guy who just wants to get rid of it and start on a new project car (crazy people but they love it. good luck to them :) )

Get a 59 Chev instead. Way bigger wings. If I've convinced you this far, get the 59 Cadillac instead.

There must be some value in importing Harleys.

Late one night I was watching the ebay auctions and most were failing to attract a bid. The price of them here is absurd.

Wow just saw the Samsung Galaxy tab avertised for $299 in JB which could mean:

a) it's crap and their offloading them cheap to get rid of them because they wern't selling
b) Samsung is trying for market share
c) We're horribly shafted on prices and this is about what they should really cost
d) all of the above

Anyone have one that can at lease strike a) of the list?

Wow just saw the Samsung Galaxy tab avertised for $299 in JB which could mean:

a) it's crap and their offloading them cheap to get rid of them because they wern't selling
b) Samsung is trying for market share
c) We're horribly shafted on prices and this is about what they should really cost
d) all of the above

Anyone have one that can at lease strike a) of the list?

They're not crap. They're actually pretty good. They were overpriced at the beginning, but there's probably a new version coming out and also new tablets that increase competition.

It's like when mobile phones came out. They were very expensive!! that's why one should wait until technology settles and never buy the latest gadget.

I got my htc desire second hand for $200 dollars. Changed the screen protector and it looks like new. New ones retail for $700.

Not a connoisseur of Yank Tanks but I always had a soft spot for the Chev with the BIG horizontal fins. Did they call it the "Helipad Chevy"?

It might have been an earlier Chevy that a guy drove into my servo and we couldn't find the filler cap (assume he had recently bought it). You had to turn a vertical chrome bar in the RH tail light and swing it down.

They were the days of excess!!!!!

There must be some value in importing Harley's.

Late one night I was watching the ebay auctions and most were failing to attract a bid. The price of them here is absurd.

Been there, done that Sunfish.

I've dabbled in US imports and to be honest, it's a lot of hard work for very little return.

The last Harley I brought in barley made me $500 profit.

The biggest shocker were the tax's on tax's on tax's at the ports..
I swear there were taxes that no one could explain.

But seriously, anyone thinking about importing should do as much investigating about the hidden cost's as they can.
By the time mine had landed, I'd paid over $4,000 in shipping (for a bike) from an original quote of $1,650.
One charge was for cleaning and decontaminating which was $457. Sadly the bike had been fully restored and had 0 miles on it so I'm not sure what exactly needed "cleaning and decontaminating".

Anyway... make sure you do your homeworks as there are loads of hidden cost's..

cheers

B.D

we buy Trias watches for high value customers. We can buy wholesale off trias' website, so the pricing is fantastic, compared to their RRP. I dont know how we managed to do that, since we are not re-sellers, and we only buy 20-30 watches a year. So, maybe its possible to sign up for an account and get the same pricing.
I couldnt access the Trias site from this computer........ not sure why that is. But you can see some of the watches on this website. They are quite a specific style - very big faces. So, it may not appeal.

http://www.longislandwatch.com/Trias/About_Trias.htm

Ive heard about people buying speed and fishing boats second hand from the US for a lot less then they sell here, something to do with emissions laws in the US on resale boats and of course the economy being in the toilet. Sounded vague so didnt pay to much attention to the detail.

I was buying a TAG for a family member about 3 months ago

Shop retail price $3395

grey importer online, the cheapst was $1755 USD, which at the time including 2.5% credit card surchager, 10% GST ended up $2050

ended up bargaining down at the local retail shop to $2200 which I thought was a great deal!

I wonder if it would be better now to buy from these grey importers????

interesting i bought a tag carrera - coz me 2.5K - prob would have been cheaper if i bought it online.

they're all from china anyway - you going to have to get someone to send one over.

maybe cherrypro can try and get in touch with someone who works at the factory , it'd be a win/win situation if you get it cheaper than retail plus he also benefits .

meet-the-workers-dying-to-meet-your-ipad-2-demand

* Workers required to sign 'no-suicide' pacts
* Military style managers humiliate staff
* Standing up for over 14 hours a day
* Up to 100 hours overtime a month
* Wages as little as $186 a month

sounds like they're in big demand over there too

apple-pays-compensation-over-beijing-ipad-brawl-report

a martha stewart limited edition duck-egg blue kitchenaid mixer.

not sold in austalia, not posted to australia. i have a few US contacts who will buy and ship.

can be bought in the US for $350 for the LE model, standard are $295.

shipping $60.

here - $750+.

Can you use the US KitchenAids here? I'm looking on ebay & Amazon and they're sooo cheap, more than half price! But Australia has a different voltage to the US?

Back