What iPhone apps do u use and how do u find out about them pls .

I have an iPhone 3 and haven't used any apps .

Which apps have others used or found as their seem so many and I don't have time to go thru them .

Thanks .

I think it depends on your age as well. I work with lots of young uns, who have pages of aps. I, lol have hardly any, and most of them are free. Have my banking, facebook, my emails. All of them good to have when I am away. When work is boring can have a quick check of these too. I only have 7 other aps, and they are just reference type sites that I rarely go to.

The only one I have downloaded since getting my phone is Shazam, it's pretty awesome, if a song is playing it will tell you what is it and who its by :)

A few beauts that I like are

Layar is an augmented reality app. Which has various apps useable within. As you point the camera around you it identifies things you're looking for. My favourie Layar app is Planning Alerts which will show you exerpts of planning applications in your area as you point the camera aroun you.

MetroView Australia is a terrific 3D GPS, for $25 its better to use than my Garmin which sells for $500. But you need to have mobile phone range

Find iPhone lets you find your lost or stolen iPhone on a map. You can have make loud noises even if its off, push a message onto the screen, and change the passcode.

Synotes is a note app that lets our family share notes via the 'cloud' where they sit on a server we all access. Great for shopping notes etc

Photoshop express is good

Engin lets you make voip calls cheaper than on a plan

myHomeCalc is handy for on the spot property investing calcs

TuneInRadio is terrific

ShutterSnitch is a great app that lets you wirelessly ftp transfer your pictures from your digital camera to your iPhone even as you take them. So you can view them on the larger screen, store your images, & then photoshop & email your holiday snaps. To do this you also need an EyeFi SD card in your camera which wifi enables the camera.

you must first ask for what do i want the apps...then you will know what apps you need

I don't know what I want, or what I would enjoy until one of my sons tells me about something of interest.

The youngest son loaded Angry Birds to play. It has been there for months and he used it occasionally until I opened it one day and then spent days having fun whenever I was waiting somewhere. Hubby would come home and say "how are the birds today". I wasn't going to let them get the better of me :D.

Now I have finished them all, I was hoping to find something else to keep me amused when I am forced to sit somewhere waiting.

Basically, I know know what I am missing until they tell me :p.

So.... I am loving this thread.

I love ShopShop

As you type in things you need when getting groceries etc it builds up a shopping list. When you are at the shops as you buy the item you just tap it on the phone and it puts a line through it and you can clear it out and it puts it back in the main shopping list.

So as I have built up most of the items I buy I just go and tap on the the item and it moves it over to the shopping list!!

It is really good.:)

Fake caller is my favorite
It calls you simulating an actual call but its not a real call.
Previously I found it hard to get away from people who want to talk and talk and talk....

I like the ebay app,awesome and easy
Sniper is another one I play sometimes,
Record My Call is very good ;)
Solitaire is worth having,
There is a Mortgage Calculator that is handy,
Kids Paint is always being taken over by the children,

I don't know what I want, or what I would enjoy until one of my sons tells me about something of interest.

The youngest son loaded Angry Birds to play. It has been there for months and he used it occasionally until I opened it one day and then spent days having fun whenever I was waiting somewhere. Hubby would come home and say "how are the birds today". I wasn't going to let them get the better of me :D.

Now I have finished them all, I was hoping to find something else to keep me amused when I am forced to sit somewhere waiting.

Very true...i prefer to remain blissfully ignorant because I find when I find those ultra addictive games...i get addicted and do nothing but play them until I finish...what isn't the best for getting things done...for that reason i don't even have an iphone, but i have a nokia n97 mini on which you can still get apps...i have about 5

My favourite, as porp_e also mentioned, is shazam - absolutely brilliant when listening to the radio or tv or something and you want to identify the name and artist for a song! Doesn't work with people singing though :p

Try 'cut the rope' it is made by the same people who make angry birds. Very addictive also.

When I had an iPhone I had 7 pages of apps that did different things but mainly games and a decent ebook reader as I travel public transport for atleast 2 hours everyday.

PocketWeather's my favourite - and just about the only paid-for app that I have (I think it costs $2.49). Weather forecasts, radars, synoptic charts, temperatures etc for wherever you like in Australia. Great stuff :)
Sometimes, if I want to download games, I go to the app store and do a search of the top 25 or 50 (which you can do as free or paid) and pick whatever looks interesting. Some are fun, some aren't.

trapster
beanhunter
gpslite
combank prop. guide
lasoo
allrecipesAU
rainradarAU
Units
aroundme:p

there are many MANY more -but I can't live without these!! haha

and i didn't pay for any of them!!

Back