What should happen after the execution

With the executions of the two drug smugglers in Indonesia imminent, what are peoples views on what should happen from a government perspective between Australia and Indonesia.

Should there be a formal comment, removal of diplomatic staff, trade sanctions...Keen on peoples thoughts.

With the executions of the two drug smugglers in Indonesia imminent, what are peoples views on what should happen from a government perspective between Australia and Indonesia.

Should there be a formal comment, removal of diplomatic staff, trade sanctions...Keen on peoples thoughts.

Formal comment from the PM and removal of diplomatic staff probably, if people want to boycott Bali that's up to them. I've got no desire to go there with thousands of bogans

Expulsion of Indonesian ambassador, reduction of airline route permissions into Australia, strong trade sanctions, cut foreign aid.

put some ads on TV saying dealing drugs is bad and this is what canhappen, then move onto more important issues, like poor kiddies eating batteries in the household - that's what breaks my heart

Expulsion of Indonesian ambassador, reduction of airline route permissions into Australia, strong trade sanctions, cut foreign aid.

Why - the Indonesians are just using their legal right and implementing their laws.

A strongly worded condemnation and then business as usual. Honestly - asides from not agreeing with the death penalty, the laws of another country are none of our business.

I'm with hugh72 - has no interest whatsoever of going to Bali either before of after this event

What should happen: nothing

What will happen: nothing

People will find something else to be outraged/offended about a few weeks later

I reckon Tony Abbott, Julie Bishop and the rest of the government will breath a big sigh of relief about being able to get back to the important job of running the place without this ridiculous distraction.

The Indonesians will pat them selves on the back, congratulate themselves for not getting bossed around and they will say,

....."We put those Aussies in their place"....

See ya's.

Increase and build better relationships. Keep the pressure on for no death penalty or maybe first of all ask if going to have the death penalty can you please just inject them with something that puts them to sleep nicely like when you put your dog down. It is the whole firing squad thing that I personally don't like. Imagine the mess - surely not nice to clean up.

I just happen to be watching Parliament question time just now and an extraordinary amount of bipartisanship has been displayed with both sides pleading with Indonesia to stay the executions and take into account the progress of rehabilitation of these 2 men and to also take into account Indionesias own pleas for clemency for their own nationals facing execution in other countries.

Was pretty emotional stuff in the parliament today.

So I think the govt, inclusive of all parties, is trying their best to be as diplomatic as possible in this matter. Its easy to say ok we will boycott Indonesia, but we do have to live side by side and share many things in the future.

Lets hope the Indos' look a bit deeper into their punishments and soon.

Nothing.

Indonesian laws were broken and Indonesian laws were enforced.

I hope people do boycott bali though, more waves for me.

Nothing.

Indonesian laws were broken and Indonesian laws were enforced.

I hope people do boycott bali though, more waves for me.

Sorry , we going in April . First time ever , but your waves are safe . Not a surfer .

As to the title . Nothing .

Cliff

Back