what's the average annual Brisbane house price growth over next 2 years going to be??

what's the average annual Brisbane house price growth over next 2 years going to be??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what's the average annual Brisbane house price growth over next 2 years going to be???

(of course no-one knows - but I'm really interested to see/hear what people who've been in property over multiple cycles think)

what's the average annual Brisbane house price growth over next 2 years going to be???

(of course no-one knows - but I'm really interested to see/hear what people who've been in property over multiple cycles think)
You would have to break it down into several sections what price range are you talking about 330k-500k 1-5 mill and above every area will be different, but in the area that we invest in i just hope they stay at the same level..willair..

If you really want to reduce reading chicken entrails to an exact science, then pay for a Residex predictions report. They get paid for this kind of stuff.;)

Residex predicted 5% pa average for Brisbane, Melbourne, ACT and Adelaide over the next three years. Sydney, Darwin and Hobart 7% over same time period. Source March 2008 Residex Report QLD

Cheers

Shane

I don't think there will be any growth.

A $700k house now will still be $700k in 2 years. But you can still make money if you build a house + land in the same area for $500k ;)

I am just finishing a new build now. Cost $360k rent $500p/w. Last year I projected CG to $450k on completion conservatively just based on existing prices.

Current valuation is $500 to $520k. Not bad growth for 1 yr.

Which, if correct, means no real growth for Brisbane, as inflation is already running at over 5%.
Marg
correct me if I'm wrong, however inflation isn't a key factor for an investor following the living off equity concept is it? That is the key would be one is aiming for the Growth to be greater than the increasing Debt on the property loan (assuming interest is greater than rent - costs + tax benefit). That is so the say 5% increase in value in theory can be used to increase one's equity (via getting a re-valuation) and increase your buffer you use to service debt. Well at least this is the living off equity concept as I understand it.

Since property markets tend to lag behind sharemarkets by about 18 months, I would expect drops between 30% and 40% (for those 2 years).

but how would you reconcile your projected drop with what plusnq posted "Residex predicted 5% pa average for Brisbane, Melbourne, ACT and Adelaide over the next three years"? i.e. an increase...

Back