What's the Scariest Thing You've Seen??? (That sent shivers up your spine!)

Topcropper:
I got some nice rain today.

The rain has stopped around here... (mallee/north central/some of northern wimmera)...the most beautiful start to cropping and lush green crops, now are dying; frosts hit very hard and been no more rain since.

North of us some of the farmers have cut their losses slashing their crops for hay to try and bring in a dollar ($300 tonne around hereish).

South of us, past The Grampians/Gariwerd around Dunkeld the ground is saturated, water just oozing from the mud! :) Water laying around....looks fantastic, kinda almost irrigation like.

If rain doesn't come this week....I'm not sure what happens to the guys who have locked in barley grain at $270 ?? the crops that were going 20 bags have halved already and about to become far worse. Some patches in the area that have caught storms; they are doing okay but it isn't much in the big picture.

Most of the area looks green and lush but no moisture to fill heads running up....the lambs (that are pretty fat) are being knocked back by market; too big...uh oh..

Very scary time for some farmers....we really need good rain within this week.

i bought the joe hill book (son of stephen king) for a friend who loves horror - she said it was so scary she couldn't finish it ...

my most scary moment - coming down from the hills of the ex's and my cattle farm during a sprinkling of rain. just enough moisture to clog the wheels of the 4wd with clay and it started to slide down the track, heading straight for a verticle drop-off. braking and turning did nothing, as those that have been in a slide will know. fortunately it slid to a halt mere inches from the edge. we clambered out, lashed the 4wd to a tree further up the hill and walked instead.

Seeing the movie - "Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County" - anyone else seen this movie - man I was s*** scared but strangely still watched the movie all the way through - a lot of forums talked about this movie later on - many thought it real when it first screened.

Back