What's the secrecy?

Wonder if anybody here works for the ATO :eek:

Don't panic, they (ATO) are seriously overloaded, that's what my accountant reported.... 75% audits are ignored. OK, mix this with the daily time spent on 'Candy Crush' we are all good. :)

Thankfully, I can now sleep at night;)

Maybe an employer has confidentiality clauses on their staff because they don't want the public to know how incompetent they are :eek:

In a former life, I used to dig holes for a living. Yeah, fascinating, I know.

At parties, when people would ask what I did, it was a brilliant way of killing a conversation stone dead.

Sometimes the evasiveness and secrecy comes from the fact your job is as boring as bat**** and frankly, there are 400 other things better to talk about.

We used to be wrapped up in confidentiality clauses etc....seriously, the lawyers need to get over themselves.

After 18 years of digging holes, the shovel wasn't the only thing that retired.
So now on Anzac Day you tell people that you're a retired digger.

I remember going to a gentleman's entertainment club many years ago on a buck's night and saw a girl I worked with getting her gear off. I told her she was a great dancer and should be proud of her body, and didn't tell anyone at work.

Noble.

Very admirable.

People might need to work a second job for a whole host of reasons, from needing extra cash for a specific reason like sick kids/friends etc, to secret debt/habit etc, to self express etc.

A few friends of mine strip -- all of which are driven by the self expression need. They're getting paid (exceptionally well) and having an absolute ball in the process.

The really smart ones have read up on psychology, honed their technique and out-earn their counterparts 2 or 3:1. One in particular is investing the money into her businesses, and the other; property.

If I was a babe, I'd be doing the same.

I've been told I'd make a good pole. I'm pretty thin.

A few friends of mine strip -- all of which are driven by the self expression need. They're getting paid (exceptionally well) and having an absolute ball in the process.

The really smart ones have read up on psychology, honed their technique and out-earn their counterparts 2 or 3:1. One in particular is investing the money into her businesses, and the other; property.

I'd be curious to know how she uses psychology to earn more stripping? Does it come down to eye contact, seeking out a particular chap in the crowd who looks richer than the others? Very interesting, and very curious.

I'd be curious to know how she uses psychology to earn more stripping? Does it come down to eye contact, seeking out a particular chap in the crowd who looks richer than the others? Very interesting, and very curious.

Different girls have different techniques. Some hard sell, others try to 'make friends'. Pretty interesting in itself, definitely psych involved.

I wish I worked that out back at Uni, I could done some research reports on it as an excuse. ;)

Don't panic, they (ATO) are seriously overloaded, that's what my accountant reported.... 75% audits are ignored. OK, mix this with the daily time spent on 'Candy Crush' we are all good. :)

Thankfully, I can now sleep at night;)

Not really.

The ATO have a full time division in Sydney looking solely at property investors and companies with above average property holdings.

From our chats, what I recall is that the essential component are: read and learn about the brain, how the mind works, how we make decisions/think etc which includes a good understanding of general psychology. Then it's a matter of applying that knowledge with common sense and intuition to make the most of your market. A wide range of guys (and gals) head out to these places so it's helpful to be armed with knowledge. It's definitely not a matter of singling people out who look like they have more money to burn, but making the most of opportunities and knowing how to work different people.

It's obviously vital to look, act and BE enthusiastic too. If you're enjoying it, it'll show. If you're a bloke (or gal), you'd most likely to want a show from a girl who REALLY wants to give you one, not one who isn't going to enjoy herself. A lot of dancers fail to do this and wonder why they make $150 in 6 hours while others smash 4-figures every night.

Private shows are where the real money is made so it's all about causing as many people to book these as possible. It's common for my friends to do one 10-15 minute dance on the main (or even side) stage and get a conga-line of people booking shows for most of the night. Looks have nothing to do with it. Impressions are everything.

From our chats, what I recall is that the essential component are: read and learn about the brain, how the mind works, how we make decisions/think etc which includes a good understanding of general psychology.

This applies to any position in which the individual is selling a product or service to the consumer.

I know someone who says he's in operations at xx hospital then quickly turns the conversation to what the other person does and avoids elaborating on his career. He's a cleaner!

We've got a friend who pole dances and is almost finished at Uni.

Very intellegent, pretty and down to earth.

No secret either !

Imagine telling people you are a parking inspector....:D

I once went out with a girl who told me she ran a video shop.

It turned out that she did full body massages.

And no, I didn't ever receive one. We only had one awful first date.

Perhaps she rubbed me up the wrong way?

Last edited:
Back