What's Your Day Job (if any)?

I'm an Aeronautical Engineer - I design commercial and military aircraft.

Just finished this one:

jsf.JPG

What is my day job?

Hi all,

I am a regular reader, but unfortunately not a regular poster. This I hope to change in the coming year.

As to my job, I'm an architect in Newcastle. I generally deal with commercial and large scale residential projects. I would much rather be working on my own developments than others people's!

Its great to know that you don't have to be on a rocket scientists pay to achieve what alot of you have been able to achieve through property investment - there is hope for us newbies! :)

I operate the most of the things that make dirty big holes in the ground :D
I make the steel that goes into building the things that make dirty big holes in the ground...

Or in other words, I'm a member of the lead team of one of the business units in OneSteel. By revenue, its equivelant to being Director of an ASX300 company. I've always worked in the manufacturing sector and love it. :D

Cheers,
Michael.

Hey Mike....it's lovely to be intertwined and interdependent. :D
You bet it is! Dig deep and dig often friend...

Oh, and I'm actually a lead team member for the Pipe and Tube business of OneSteel which supplies most of the Oil and Gas pipeline in Australia. Makes me a touch closer to the whole energy sector I reckon. ;)

Cheers,
Michael.

I'm a town planner for a Council. Been a town planner for lots of local Council's and so has my wife.

Very difficult job these days, nobody is happy with you, being in the middle between the applicants/developers and all the objectors of course. Still, it's great beiing involved in some of the bigger develpments around the place.....just looking forward to them being mine!

I'm an IT consultant (contractor). I work in a jungle of cubicles and play with big expensive database servers.

People ignore me when things are running smoothly yet they fight for my attention if hell breaks loose ;) - thankfully never happened since I joined *touch wood*.

QC and OHS

I'm a Quality Control and OHS manager for one of the large residential building companies in town and loving it. Won't be leaving anytime soon. I indulge in IPs part time and am passionate about that too..... Best of both worlds really.

Pud

I work in IR (AIRC) so have to deal with both sides of Politics - we're all excited to see the Ruddster get rid of WorkChoices - Yay!!

Partner (Boat Boy) is kept busy building our boat in the backyard, while at the same time organising and running our varied investments and developments in CQ.

Hopefully 2 or 3 more years and that will be finished and I will chuck the job in and we'll live on the boat in Malaysia! (That's the plan anyway)

Bloss

I'm a Systems Test Analyst for a company that develops computer aided dispatch (CAD) systems.

Basically, I get each solution and test the hell out of it, fighting with developers to get them to fix things.

I've been a tester for a few years now, and have worked in the biomedical, telecommunications (and now) CAD industries.

Most people don't know what a Test Analyst is, so I just say "Computer nerd". Although it does annoy me when people refer to me as an "IT guy" when I'm actually an "Engineer".

I'm a Mechanical Engineer for a consultant Engineering firm (mining projects) and my wife teaches music for children aged 0 - 7 years.

On the side, we have a thriving little music business (see web link below) which we thoroughly enjoy! :) I mean, we get to go on a date, play music we love, and get paid - that's a nice gig I'd say!!;) Anyone need live music in SE QLD; you know where to look! :D Maybe a BIG function.....

And I work as an Executive Assistant with the public sector. Not too demanding and enables me keep the balance between the family and
investments ... so can't complain.

Hubby works as Advertising Manager with national retail chain.

Back