where to buy PPOR in Perth area?

Are you really sure you want to leave then?

No - but the temptation of 3 years net pay in the pocket and walk straight into another job is rather overwhelming and an opportunity to set us up completely for life is rather tempting.

Combine that with a job that hubby would love ... a business that I can take anywhere ... junior who is used to moving and enjoys making new friends ...

And - besides - I've already got lots of (cyber) friends over there already, and everyone I speak to says that once you get to Perth you never want to leave.

Sad but exciting - oh - all choked up ... :eek:

Where to buy

if I was FIFO I would buy around dunsborough / yallingup. A lot of FIFO workers around bussleton too. the south west is where god FIFOs from on his 7 on 7 off roster.

I agree. Although it is a little far from Perth airport with the new highway it is a very easy 3 hour drive these days.

Yallingup siding is my pick (in fact it is my dream location). Acreage and a view of the ocean. Might be slightly hilly acreage! Things have been very slow real estate wise down that way and there are plenty of bargains to be had.

Have you been here before Lizzie ?

Just trying to get an understanding of how familar you are ith the suburbs and differences

Never been to Perth - don't know anyone, except you guys, who has been anywhere near Perth ... but ... if I'm going to buy it with either be short walking distance (less than 5mins) to the beach or acreage in the hills.

If we have to drive to the beach then I might as well live on the acreage.

I'd either like a house that sings "wow" to me immediately but remains in my price range, one that is cheap enough that I can reno it to my exact liking or a block on which to build.

p.s. Just been looking up the coast again ... got as far as Mullaloo the the north (where we could afford one house back from beach) - but it's so depressingly stock standard "suburban"!

Last edited:
Sorry I don't know how to quote you Invstor, as I said I am not sure about the hills schools now, I did say this.

I can speak personally for Ellenbrook CC, I had my kids there, was great school at first, now has gone down hill in the last few years, lots of changes in teachers leaving, during the school year, what does that tell you? I personally know of one teacher in primary who had been there since the school inception who left. More changes in the high school side with teachers, multiple disruptions in the upper high school teachers impacting on year 12 students in particular. This has been happening for a few years now the disharmony. Although having said that all, again I speak for myself and several parents I know whose kids attend there still. Swan CC think that is still a good school.

The private school that is a goer is Swan Valley Anglican Community School, it is growing at a rapid rate, bit on the expensive side but they strive for high academic standards. They have a music program Lizzie.

No worries, was just dumping my thoughts and knowledge. I personally looked into Kalamunda but it didn't do much for me, whereas some of my friends absolutely love it. I probably didn't put that across enough. I compared it to Mt Lawley High and I absolutely love the sounds of that school. It wouldn't surprise me what you say about Ellenbrook CC. My old neighbour started there last year after he got expelled from Chisolm.

Would your hubby be taking Taxis to airport? Taxi service sux in Perth. One of the nice things about a Perth is the river is really wide and beautiful. Great for recreation.

Never been to Perth - don't know anyone, except you guys, who has been anywhere near Perth ... but ... if I'm going to buy it with either be short walking distance (less than 5mins) to the beach or acreage in the hills.

If we have to drive to the beach then I might as well live on the acreage.

I'd either like a house that sings "wow" to me immediately but remains in my price range, one that is cheap enough that I can reno it to my exact liking or a block on which to build.

p.s. Just been looking up the coast again ... got as far as Mullaloo the the north (where we could afford one house back from beach) - but it's so depressingly stock standard "suburban"!

i live 185 lineal metres from the beach and an up-coming DOME cafe.....

Would your hubby be taking Taxis to airport? Taxi service sux in Perth. One of the nice things about a Perth is the river is really wide and beautiful. Great for recreation.

Mosman Park - undervalued IMO - always has been.

Big blocks, nice houses, good schools, river, Fremantle.

'nuff said, really.....

Mosman Park - undervalued IMO - always has been.

Big blocks, nice houses, good schools, river, Fremantle.

Mossie Park is a strange beast Aaron. Stay clear if you don't know it intimately would be my suggestion.

At one end of the suburb you've got cr@ppy big Homewest units near the Hwy that you wouldn't put Rover the dog into, and at the other end of the suburb you've got stuff like the Bennett mansion that just sold for 55m, the highest price paid for a residential property in Australia ever, surrounded by a bunch of 10m plus homes.

She's a fairly varied suburb, you'd have to admit. With Lizzie's stated budget, she'll be forced to look near the Homeswest end of things.

... junior who is used to moving and enjoys making new friends ...
That's great! will make life easier. After 11 months my 9 yr old still wants to leave Bris and move back to Perth. It's been about a month since he last burst into tears begging to go back. Breaks my heart at times, hope he's not too scarred by my adventures. I think he'll slowly get over it. He's always been a very structured person. Had the same best friend from Kindy till year 2 in Perth. His best friend also had sepertion anxiety from my son just before we left. Overall, I think he'll get a lot from our adventures.

She's had 3 moves since her last year at Preschool (is year 3 now) - and is a very likable kid - so has no probs making friends.

South Freo?

and - yep - sigh - a million just ain't what it used to be ... I remember offering $1mil for current ppor 5 years ago. It was a (gulp) lot of money then. Now, it's just the limit of our mortgage free budget.

Last edited:
Do you really need to be able to "walk" to the beach? The "golden triangle" is within 10 mins drive from Floreat Beach, City Beach, and perhaps a little more to Cottesloe and Scarboro - all great beaches.

From his posts on here, I thought Aaron was way up north past Hillaries...Burns Beach?

lizzie gone much searching on google maps to get an idea of the immediate local area and proximity to the city etc ?

I probably couldn't be bohtered to then do a google maps search and get directions and approximate time to ay the airport of the CBD myself caue it's too geeky, but come to think of it.....

No doubt you've already done this more times than you can count, but I searched houses with max price of $1m in Cottesloe & Nedlands and left in the show surroudning suburbs tick. THi is the map.

http://www.realestate.com.au/buy/pr...nedlands,+wa+6009/map-1?activeSort=price-desc

Just having fun I guess.. I do like those old houses. Mt Lawley and North Perth have them too but even those are out of my price range at the moment ! Luckily there is no rush to move !

Back