Which Brisbane Suburbs?

I still like Everton Park and Albany Creek, even without our own train line. previously I have said that McDowell and Bridgeman Downs are a bit too far away from the express buses, but Hubby says they are fine.
Ive got 2 lots of family in Albany Creek, nice big modern houses on decent sized blocks. On the bus route direct to CBD. I believe McDowell has a really good state school.
Cheers, nat

Has anyone been keeping tabs on Algester....prices seem to have gone up 20% + in last 18 months. Nothing under 400 k for houses

try deception bay or caboolture
What's wrong with caboolture? Yesterday I went and had a look at a property. The house was quite nice and the tenant has kept it absolutely clean and tidy...rental yield is also around 5.5%. I am temped to put an offer but reading the reviews about caboolture I am bit sceptical...

What's wrong with caboolture? Yesterday I went and had a look at a property. The house was quite nice and the tenant has kept it absolutely clean and tidy...rental yield is also around 5.5%. I am temped to put an offer but reading the reviews about caboolture I am bit sceptical...

If you are willing to hold long term (ie over 5 years), you will probably do ok with Caboolture.

If you are willing to hold long term (ie over 5 years), you will probably do ok with Caboolture.

Doubt it

What's it got going for it

Proximity to Brisbane CBd - no
Nice location. - no
Booming economy - no

I have spent a bit of time there and it's no good. Woken up every night by a domestic, a fight in the street after the pub, endless sirens

Went for a run one day and two old lady's wolf whistled at me
13 year old kids walking around the streets Saturday mid morning with cask wine

The joints going nowhere

Yield is important but your overall investment return is , rental yield + cg - running costs = return on investment

Doubt it

What's it got going for it

Proximity to Brisbane CBd - no
Nice location. - no
Booming economy - no

I have spent a bit of time there and it's no good.
The joints going nowhere

Yield is important but your overall investment return is , rental yield + cg - running costs = return on investment

How long did you live there? I know people who have lived there long term and are very happy with the place.

The problems you mentioned will sort themselves out over time. Caboollture reminds me the Melbourne outer suburb that I lived in many years ago. It is now a sought after suburb with many of the undesirable elements gone.

I am really struggling to understand how people buy so many IPs? I have looked extensively only for 2 weeks and my head is about to explode. I have read this forum a number of times and have spent most of my days searching RE.com.

How do people make decisions on what suburbs to buy, what sort of house or unit to look for, how much to negotiate etc...

It seems every nice house which lists on RE.com now a days goes under contract in a week or so.

I am really struggling to understand how people buy so many IPs? I have looked extensively only for 2 weeks and my head is about to explode. I have read this forum a number of times and have spent most of my days searching RE.com.

How do people make decisions on what suburbs to buy, what sort of house or unit to look for, how much to negotiate etc...

It seems every nice house which lists on RE.com now a days goes under contract in a week or so.

It takes more than 2 weeks to understand how to invest. My advice is to take a deep breath, keep reading the many threads on this forum and start making contact with the many successful investors out there.

By the way, I don't own any property in Caboolture but still think that if you hold long term that you will probably do ok there.

Probably the subject of a separate thread, but you need to work out what you're doing first, otherwise all/none of the properties will seemingly fit that. It should be fairly obvious which properties fit and dont fit your objective, once you have an objective.

How about Wynnum? I'm sure it's been mentioned extensively in other threads/posts and I think see_change purchased there a year ago or so.

Here's a Property Observer article about best rental suburbs and Wynnum in particular.

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/finding/residential-investment/33808-are-these-really-australia-s-10-best-rental-suburbs.html?utm_source=Property%20Observer%20List&utm_campaign=ee7a888674-28_July_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a523fbfccb-ee7a888674-245308613&limitstart=0

Well 30/ 40 years ago a lot of bayside suburbs in melbourne wernt exactly that valued by the general population. I think as density increases people look more to the coast as it's something different to your run of the mill densely populated suburbs close to the cbd

I think you could say the same for Sydney's northern beaches?

I expect the same will happen in brisbane

I'm with you on this . Brisbanites seem to discount the bay , but I've met some who do love it and we ended up buying last year in manly and wynnum ( as well as teneriffe ). We bought a town house in manly and one in wynnum and a unit with drop dead views straight onto the water . The unit is costing is a bit more to hold than we expected as the rental appraisals we had done all turned out to be slight optimistic . Because it's fairly unique it was obviously harder to judge the rent as there were few direct comparables , but it's a long term buy and hold so not to concerned .

I felt Redcliffe is prettier , but it is further away . Manly I'd the " blue ribbon " beach suburb .

Cliff

I've ventured away from my known suburbs/towns this year and a few months back I felt like you. Eventually things fall into place and you will find a deal that works for you.

I've been looking since march and only just bought 2 weeks ago. I doubted whether properties would be good investments, took too long to make offers and wasn't sure how much to offer.

You'll get there. Don't give up, you're not too far away from buying a property that works for u.

Years ago when I was first getting interested in IP's , my patients in Mt Druitt were selling up and moving to Brisbane . Popular desitinations were Logan , Ipswich and Caboulture . We ended up with logan because it was more central.

Strathpine is another area for potential slumlords, but is a bit more upmarket . I remember looking at an 8 pack for 400 K ..

Cliff

Back