Which Brisbane Suburbs?

What are peoples thought on Warner,Strapthine, Murrumba downs region? Near new houese available with decent land size around high 400k.

Should I consider this or stick to Apsley,Carseldine, Zillmere, Bracken Ridge etc region where may have be paying little higher price for old house. (Closer to city and higher potential for CG?)

What are peoples thought on Warner,Strapthine, Murrumba downs region? Near new houese available with decent land size around high 400k.

Should I consider this or stick to Apsley,Carseldine, Zillmere, Bracken Ridge etc region where may have be paying little higher price for old house. (Closer to city and higher potential for CG?)

I would love to know as well. I'm mainly considering townhouses in Strathpine and Kallangur. Strathpine for proximity to city and low vacancy rate and Kallangur for new train line. One thing I can see with Kallangur is the rising amount of townhouses getting developed in the areas. Would appreciate any thoughts.

Strathpine

I just settled on 3rd ip in strathpine, low set brick, 4 x 1 x 1, 607sqm on a quiet street close to rail/Westfield for 320k. Currently doing a quick cosmetic reno myself for $6k before putting up for rent. Had a agent and a few pm's call in and rent is estimated to be $380-$390 and house $360K-$380k after reno.

I think I have done alright :)

I have an IP in Lutwyche, 3-2.5-1 unit in a small block of 3, all strata title.
The area is now zoned LMR. What are people's thoughts on whether to sell or keep. If the area does get some high rise buildings will the value of a small block increase or decrease.

Any recommendations for $500k purchase in Brisbane?

Have a townhouse in Mt Gravatt already and am considering a house with more land component for my next one. Is Rochdale South still worth a look or should I consider some of the northern suburbs like Zillmere etc?

Also do Brisbanites like pools in their rental properties? This seems like something I should avoid due to extra maintenance? Any thoughts?

He ended up getting this four bedroom house for $550K in a nice quiet street in the catchment for Cavendish Road High School (great for future rental potential) and is spending about $5.5K on an Ikea kitchen which includes appliances, about $8K on new bathroom plus second toilet (could have done it for $7K but chose sliding glass shower screen to avoid a swinging door). There is a fair bit of new wiring run whilst walls were down and new bathroom plumbing plus new toilet added and I'm estimating cost of $6K (but I think it will be less).

What do you think about IKEA Kitchens? Good option for investment property you reckon? Do you need to assemble the whole kitchen yourself?

I just settled on 3rd ip in strathpine, low set brick, 4 x 1 x 1, 607sqm on a quiet street close to rail/Westfield for 320k. Currently doing a quick cosmetic reno myself for $6k before putting up for rent. Had a agent and a few pm's call in and rent is estimated to be $380-$390 and house $360K-$380k after reno.

I think I have done alright :)

Wow, I reckon you have too :D

I've been recommended Mango Hill by someone else. What do you reckon?

Chacer,

I like Kallangur due to lower median than nearby suburbs some 50-90k on bigger blocks close to new rail line and will benefit from infrastructure going into North Lakes shopping and business districts..

Chacer,

I like Kallangur due to lower median than nearby suburbs some 50-90k on bigger blocks close to new rail line and will benefit from infrastructure going into North Lakes shopping and business districts..

Interesting. I'll look into there too, thanks!

Why did they recommend Mango Hill?

I'm not an expert in the Brisbane area, but as Coota mentioned, to do with the new Rail line coming north, and there will be a station in Mango Hill. Was recommended to me by someone affiliated with Terry Ryder.

What do you guys think the pros vs cons of Toowong and Indro are?

So far I've made 2 x offers on 2bed units in Indro but no luck as yet. I have recently been looking at Toowong and there seems to be a bit more available there with higher rents + closer to CBD.

Whats the demographics in Toowong?

I'm not an expert in the Brisbane area, but as Coota mentioned, to do with the new Rail line coming north, and there will be a station in Mango Hill. Was recommended to me by someone affiliated with Terry Ryder.

What do people think about the train line going in up at Mango Hill?

I had a fellow at work tell me that this will "invite the dregs in" which I thought was a little presumptuous, however, what normally happens when a train line goes in to a town?

What do people think about the train line going in up at Mango Hill?

I had a fellow at work tell me that this will "invite the dregs in" which I thought was a little presumptuous, however, what normally happens when a train line goes in to a town?

Sounds absurd to me.
Firstly, I have no experience with "what happens" when a train line goes in, and secondly the dregs don't have employment that requires them to live in a "nice suburb". The dregs cant afford to live in Mango Hill now I cant see them moving in later.

For those who live around Brisbane, what are your opinions on a suburb like Strathpine? Is it a decent area or an area with low income earners?

Back