Who knows of a good builder in Adelaide?

The opposite of 'short trough'. ;)

The excuse is the inability to get trades people, but the reality is it's pathetic management. The guy I was talking to is building in Mawson Lakes and he's seen many projects start well after him and have long since finished. Another guy I was talking to was building out in Gawler area in one of the new developments and had similar problems with time and warped wood due to water damage etc but I can't remember name of the builder he used.

Hi, just found this thread and thought I would join the discussion group :D. We have been having some MAJOR problems with our builder (also do not recognise the 'L' builder either) and are also building out Gawler way in a new development - problems with bowed window sills, cracks in footings, no soil reports for the tonnage of soil dumped on our block - even though we are the ONLY house on the estate to have this done. We were one of the first houses to start building and now one of the last to finish (does this sound at all familiar?) We ended up hiring a fantastic building inspector to go through our final walk through who wrote a report on everything that needed to be done. They have also written some of the building codes and are legally able to go to court. As the Inspector found a lot of problems, we couldn't do handover that week, but it was worth it in the end. Next time we build, we will be employing them and using a package deal for them to go through at every building stage so that we get it done right the first time!

He's probably one of these Hickinbotham customers here

What an amazing site that is. Thanks for posting it.

Do you think that the companies like Precision Homes with their 2 rave reviews are genuine? The bad reviews are really believable, but it seems that the glowing ones could be a little too easily done by company owners.

What was the name of this company please.
Thanks in advance.

As we are still building with them and slowly getting things fixed, I am very hesitant in saying who they are - they do start with A and recently researched on the internet about complaints and builders (which we should have done before - I know) and are amazed that we have come out fairly good compared to what others have experienced before us! I say to anyone who is building, please do your research before. I have been told that the higher up you go, the better the build - ie...Scott Salisbury Homes - our Inspector told us that if it was a Scott Salisbury home, he would have walked out. They are much more expensive though.

On another note, it doesn't always work being able to call the builder to 'fix' problems up - one thing is they use a handyman to fix up most things, and another is, if you are a day late with your 13 week inspection sheet and your 6 and 12 month inspections, they will not honour it.

What an amazing site that is. Thanks for posting it.

Do you think that the companies like Precision Homes with their 2 rave reviews are genuine? The bad reviews are really believable, but it seems that the glowing ones could be a little too easily done by company owners.

I agree, its a shame the site doesn't allow the reviewer to also upload photos, so they can show the good homes which have been built, and also good evidence of the disasters.

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents worth in re Hickinbotham. I used to work in residential lending-predominantly drawing down construction loans. We were often invoiced by Hickinbotham for work that hadn't been done ie footings not poured, or framework not up. They don't seem to have improved.

Back