Why does this board love Frankston so much?

Are you calling car theives in Frankston dumb are you?

My friend who is a police officer in the area told me last month a "dole bum from Frankston managed to steal a 70K BMW right from the Marina carpark"

I don't think you give them enought credit.

Which could happen anywhere UC. Give something that only occurs in Frankston.

SS

My "real" profession takes me all over the place and I can say unbiasedly, that regardless of money, I would still choose Frankston area over much of the rest of Melbourne. (I'd just live somewhere a little more upmarket then where I am of course!) :D

There are a whole lot of rich ****** and wanabee's around those Toorak-type areas, who annoy me equally as much as the so-called feral one's around here.

Plastic people I deal with all the time, and can't wait to get away from them.

Money doesn't give you class. Equally, lack of money doesn't automatically make you Feral. Somewhere in-between I can relate to I think.

I heard on the radio this morning they are seriously looking at building the Frankston by-pass ASAP. The Vic govt wants to get shared funding from the Fed govt to finance. Thats got to be a huge benefit to the area and the mornington peninsula. You will be able to go from Rosebud all the way to the city and even Melbourne airport by freeway.

They are talking about no tolls at the moment. But i think that depends on gettting some funding from the fed govt. Its a $700m project.

Frankston is a major city on the bay. The other areas up from here don't have what we have.

Really depends on what you're looking for. I do believe that when development here is close to completion and the ferry is operational the atmosphere here will be highly sought after.

Toni

Hoping that any property inside the ring road will have more demand on it now! From the Picture on the front of todays paper it doesn't look like the bypass will be running through the old pines nature reserve anymore??

Looks like it's going to be a bit further inland now, running around the outskirts of skye and Carrum Downs?
Was hoping it was going to run between Frankston North and Skye and straight through the guts of Carrum Downs. Good thing is Frankston North will now be on the right side of the tracks :) well kinda!

From the Picture on the front of todays paper it doesn't look like the bypass will be running through the old pines nature reserve anymore??

Incorrect. The proposed route is here: http://www.seita.com.au/pages-support/publications/data/Map_for_proposed_Frankston_Bypass_Route.pdf and it's smack bang through the pines reserve.

In fact, see here for more info: http://www.seita.com.au/pages/frankston-bypass-ees--phase-two.asp Note that "option one" has been selected as the route.

What is the ave price for Frankston now?

How long is a piece of string.

For Franga South houses it's probably $500k,
For Franga North houses it's probably around $230k
For Franga Central 2 x 1 units (we own one) it's probably around $195k

And so on.

Incorrect. The proposed route is here: http://www.seita.com.au/pages-support/publications/data/Map_for_proposed_Frankston_Bypass_Route.pdf and it's smack bang through the pines reserve.

In fact, see here for more info: http://www.seita.com.au/pages/frankston-bypass-ees--phase-two.asp Note that "option one" has been selected as the route.

Yay!!! Franga Nth will be on the right side of the tracks!!!
Looks like it will be running straight past the new St Kilda Football Club at Belvedere Park. Nice!

Still would rather swim at Mt. Martha, don't wanna step on any needles.

Cannot see the attraction with Mt. Martha.

Nice views, but there is absolutely no infrastructure; except for the little village down in the dip.

Very expensive McMansions and nowhere near anything.

It's another of those places that the herd has to go to live because the herd has gone there, and they are paying through the nose for it.

The beaches are not bad there, but Dromana has better - and infrastructure, and great views, and less expensive.

It's all perception - Dromana used to be seen as scuzzville - just like Frangas still is, but they're both comin' up.

Another joint like Mt.Martha is McCrae. No infrastructure, not near anything really, but the sheeple line up to pay loads for little.

Frankston is the #1 undervalued suburb in Victoria - Herald Sun October 11, 20

This is a letter I rece'd today from our local realestate agent. Does anyone have a copy of this article?

Newsletter
Properties for Sale Properties for Lease Sales Inspection Times Lease Inspection Times Upcoming Auctions
17-Oct-2008

Frankston is the #1 undervalued suburb in Victoria
Dear Toni,

Welcome to this weeks "Market Update". At Bayside Residential we like to keep our valued Customers/Clients informed about the Frankston Real Estate Market, thus the reason for this Newsletter.

Frankston is rated at number one for undervalued suburbs in the state of Victoria.

Major infrastructure upgrades and increase in commercial development (in Frankston) are driving steady growth in property values. - Herald Sun, October 11, 2008

Below you'll find our current or New Listings. If you click on the "MORE" button next to the property of interest it will link you to the listing on www.realestate.com.au, and from there you can search for properties all around Australia.

Regards

Bayside Residential Real Estate
03 9781 0088
[email protected]

Properties for Sale

Last edited:
Still would rather swim at Mt. Martha, don't wanna step on any needles.

Foreshore "has it all" - Frankston Leader 22/9/08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frankston Beach has won a national gong in the 2008 Australian Clean Beaches Awards. Frankston foreshore won the Heritage and Culture award at the Keep Australia Beautiful awards announced in Sydney last week.

Frankston also received an overall encouragement award in the Cleanest Beach title, which went to Townsville's The Strand. Mayer Alistair Wardle attended the awards and clocktail party at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Coogee Beach.

Judge Chris Tola said the Frankston foreshore focused on the region's "rich cultural tapestry".

When judging the 5km stretch of foreshore last June, Mr. Tola said Frankston "had it all". "It's a great beach, a fantastic beach actually... It has got it all: boat launching, the pier, restaurants, Coast Guard, yacht and lifesaving clubs, a great playground, well-protected foreshore, a great new boardwalk and a tourist information centre, and just a walk for the centre of the city."

Other winners in the national titles included Tathra beach in NSW (Community Action and Environmental innovation), Scarborough in WA (Litter Prevention and Resource Recovery), and Freers Beach in Tasmania (community Partnership). Frankston was named Victoria's Cleanest and Friendliest Beach last May in the statewide Clean Beach Challenge, pipping the 2006 Victorian winner, Balnarring - which was also named Australia's Cleanest Beach last year

Toni

If Undercover can't see Frankstons potential he must be blind or stupid. Maybe both?

Different people have different investment strategies. Frankston may have potential but I wouldn't invest there. If I were to buy another down that way it would be sorrento again or even portsea.

Back