Why it really is different here - Part 2: Australia vs UK

Wow - great comeback. :rolleyes:

This thread is about the differences between the UK and Australia. The fact that Australia's economy contracted in Q4 does not change the fact that our economy is relatively stronger than the UK economy and that we are not in technical recession, unlike the UK.

Once again, you demonstrate that you have nothing to add here.

Plenty to add. I'd like to know which forum I should go back to. The only property related one I post on is here.

Cheers. Tell that to Gravy/WangPoon/WarmedCockles or whatever he's calling himself these days. He reckons they are all irrelevant minutiae.

Huh? :confused:

Anyway, the similarities have been emphasised countless times. I guess bears can't be bothered with repeating themselves ad nauseum as you do.

What forum?!? This one! Yes, nonrecourse is a bit repetitive, but guys like Token Funder are a consistently good read, and never repetitive.

I'm repetative because the blue sky geared to the back teeth crowd are thick.:D
The similarities between the UK and here are self evident, hence the term Mother country and common.... wealth:p And the Britt's with their accelerated soft depression don't have much wealth left so they are just common like their colonies;)

I'm repetative because the blue sky geared to the back teeth crowd are thick.:D
The similarities between the UK and here are self evident, hence the term Mother country and common.... wealth:p And the Britt's with their accelerated soft depression don't have much wealth left so they are just common like their colonies;)

Hehe, you're alright NR. I agree with some of what you say, I just don't think it will be as bad as you think ;)

NO, it's more akin to saying that you are still alive because you are still breathing.
Why is logic so scarce around here?

you are still alive because you are still breathing makes no predictive statement and would thus accept the possibility that things could change tomorrow.

This:
Property prices in the UK have crashed.

In Australia they haven't.

on the other hand, suggests a "fundamental truth" and which cannot change tomorrow, or any other day. Big difference.

Why is logic so scarce around here?

you are still alive because you are still breathing makes no predictive statement and would thus accept the possibility that things could change tomorrow.

This:
Property prices in the UK have crashed.

In Australia they haven't.

on the other hand, suggests a "fundamental truth" and which cannot change tomorrow, or any other day. Big difference.

Hi Sunfish

I read the above as a statement of fact, not a suggestion of a "fundamental truth", however a statement referring to this point in time, which can change as time goes on.

That this can change was pointed out in the following line of the post by HiEquity, that you conveniently left out which was,

'As for the future, your guess is as good as mine! "

Then again I'm tend to take most statements at face value and my logic is not as good as yours at reading the underlying message.

Cheers

Pete

Back