Why not having children is best thing ever

ac7qr4.jpg

Come Monday morning when you are still asleep, your boss will be interviewing your new replacement....yes, and that person has kids to get them motivated not only weekends but weekdays as well, so they wont be late!

Early bird get the worm an' all that!;)

Laying in bed causes bed sores and besides that, you'll go rotton.

Hi Mr F,

I've never had children,nothing i'm aware of :p

But that aside,i lived with my ex: ie 3 boys,ranging fron 4 to 15.

Can say there was an upside and fullfilment.

Despite typos,i loved it,despite they weren't mine,bloodwise.

Cheers Spades.

Come Monday morning when you are still asleep, your boss will be interviewing your new replacement....yes, and that person has kids to get them motivated not only weekends but weekdays as well, so they wont be late!

In that case, I'd be firing myself, since I'm a self-made man running my own business.

Working from home, getting up when I want, being able to exercise when everyone else has the boss looking over their shoulder, doing my work at my own pace and choosing the clients I work with, because I don't have anyone relying on my income other than myself.... it's a hard life.

But you don't sleep in that late :D

Mick, it's not what time you wake up that matters, it's what you do with the time that you are awake that counts. I wake up at 8, get out of bed usually a half hour later and most days, have everything done I need to get done by 1 or 2 in the afternoon - and that includes an hour of exercise and time out to eat.

Quite pertinent to myself at the moment.

Me and my girlfriend, who will soon be a fianc? and eventually wife, were discussing kids after spending the day with my sister, her husband and their 10 month old daughter yesterday. Whilst they are a pretty happy young family, they are both insanely tired and at wits end after 7pm when the baby has gone to bed.

By the time we got home, we both laughed and said there is no way in hell we are having kids anytime soon, if ever.

We then had a lengthy discussion on how enjoyable a life without kids could be, as far as travel and such goes.

At the same time, I like the idea of kids, and if I don't have a son I am the last of our family name which would be a shame.

A mate of mine who tells it how it is says he wants kids for when he's 50 years old. That's when you can go to the footy and have a beer with your child. When they start having children of their own. When you can have proper adult conversations with them.

I think the older you get the more important family becomes and while it can be difficult living with a newborn I couldn't imagine growing old without children around. A couple of years of no sleep is not so bad when you (hopefully) get 50+ years of enjoyment out of them.

We then had a lengthy discussion on how enjoyable a life without kids could be, as far as travel and such goes.

You can still travel - we manage to get overseas a few times a year with ours (7 and 1.5). I'm actually writing this from a London hotel room while they watch postman pat :)

We just spent in a month in Europe and are making our way back home this week. It's been a fun month - but also quite testing at times. Kids are hard work - no doubt about it, but I couldn't imagine them not being in my life.

That list didn't mention the 5am elbow to the nose I usually receive from our youngest each morning :-(

Cheers

Jamie

But you don't sleep in that late

Note that the list is for the weekend, not during the week. Although today I didn't wake up until 10. I actually set the alarm for 8, woke up and decided I wanted to get more sleep. Haven't been sleeping that great for the last week or so, only getting around 7 hours a night. The extra couple of hours today really did the trick.

I actually did the last thing on the list on Saturday - lay in bed, watching episodes of Dexter. Nice and toasty under the doona, complete silence, no hassles. Perfect.

You can still travel - we manage to get overseas a few times a year with ours (7 and 1.5). I'm actually writing this from a London hotel room while they watch postman pat :)

We just spent in a month in Europe and are making our way back home this week. It's been a fun month - but also quite testing at times. Kids are hard work - no doubt about it, but I couldn't imagine them not being in my life.

That list didn't mention the 5am elbow to the nose I usually receive from our youngest each morning :-(

Cheers

Jamie

Yeh but when I travel I generally stay at resorts for 18+ to be away from kids.

I am also partial to 2 door cars, something else that is not kid friendly.

Plenty of time though, my girlfriend is a fair bit younger than I so not a pressing issue.

Not necessarily the best strategy for asset planning. Who will be the beneficiaries under the trust?

I can assure you, succession planning is a lot easier when you don't have anyone to leave it to.

Our will is about 3 pages, in essence we put anything worth having into our trust and give our siblings joint directorship over the trustee company, etc. Brothers, sisters, nephews & nieces are all implied blood beneficiaries. Beyond that I really don't care, let them sort it out.

Not having children at my age has its benefits. Less money stress, my time is my own, I do with my life the things I want to do, not what's dictated by raising children.

I also know that at some point in the future I'll wish it were otherwise. Given the choice I'd have kids in a heartbeat.

The best way to have kids is make sure they don't know you're the father.

Any kids around the Druitt that look like me is purely coincidental:D

Back