Wow factors to add value to a house

It'll certainly fix the problem we have in our current house of visitors coming to the back door :D

Edit: that *is* a very nice bedroom. Ours looks boring as right now, but in a day or two we are getting a very snazzy jarrah bedroom suite delivered (which explains why we have no money in the bank anymore). Don't have bedside lamps though, to be honest I haven't even gone looking for them, everything else has taken priority. Probably best to wait until the furniture is in anyway.

Its an engineered quartz and the brand we have used is called Quantam Quartz.

We source it from here

http://www.edstein.com.au/default.aspx?id=85

And always go for Luna White. Its in our PPOR atm as well as the last 2 renos. The girl laugh everytime i email them the order!

A friend down the road who had a spec home built was raving about her kitchen and caesar stone benchtops. When i was there last time I had a look and I could SWEAR that it was exactly the same as ours? Caesar stone is basically a brand of engineered quartz. If you google it you'll probably find heaps of places.

wonder if they do interstate?

Angel, you go girl, that bedroom is totally chic!!! Are you an interior designer bec if you're not, you've got a calling !!

Are the curtains sheer or blockout?

I saw nice offwhite sheer curtains in an open house the other day, but not sure what to put to block out.

What blinds/window coverings are 'in' and inexpensive??? White verticals? Timber venetians?

Ta.

He he thanks Elke, and no I'm not an interior designer. I'm an information designer. I guess a lot of the same design principles apply. My dream is to give up my day job and spend all my time building and renovating.

The curtains look like raw silk to me with a backing layer. It doesn't completely block out light but not see through either. A good compromise I think. Ready made from freedom - $50 x 2. So really affordable. White plantation shutters on windows also seem to be popular but not sure how expensive they are. I guess it also depends on what room and how it's going to be styled to see if it will work.

I would love to see photos once you're done. It's so exciting.

Angel

Its an engineered quartz and the brand we have used is called Quantam Quartz.

OMG, that's exactly the stone we use too but we use Turino as it doesn't show the crumbs - but go thru The Natural Stone Factory at Sandgate.

http://www.naturalstonefactory.com.au/

The stone is available everywhere - just google or yellow pages either "stonemason" or "stone benchtops".

Caeserstone is just a brand name, owned by Harvey Norman. The product is made exactly the same as the cheaper brands but is more expensive purely because of the name ... bit like buying a plain white Billabong T-shirt instead of Target plain white T-shirt.

Angel, Love the new wall and bdrm. Now my partner wants the same... best form of flattery I reckon :D

Thanks Mech81, I'm so glad you guys like it... def the best form of flattery.

I found some online wallpaper places with great contemporary designs. Affordable prices too. Check out:

- Scandinavian wallpaper decor
- Mr Perswall

Some more in my latest blog article 'Feature walls that POP' - www.hammerandheels.net

Angel

I have just finished my reno job, and its on the market.

Positive feedback that i've got was for using river pebble stone pavers at the entry, people love it, it really looks good.

Another cheap decor is 600mm stainless steel solar lights from bunnings for your gardens, they really look good at night.

here is the link to my house where i've used it.

http://images1.au.reastatic.net/800x600/props/107612966/ImageH/20110815161851.jpg

Wow that looks great Vesell, I love the whole lot. The lights really add that something extra special. And the way you've done it, nobody can steal it. I have had so many solar lights stolen.

Angel

Veseli - do they light up well at night? Most solar powered lights I've seen have been very dim at night. Do you have a photo at night?

I think I'll have to consult you in the next few months about my project Angel13

Hi Aaron, happy to chat if you want to bounce ideas for your next project but I'm no interior designer im just a beginner/ novice with a keen interest.

But thank you :)

Angel

Veseli - do they light up well at night? Most solar powered lights I've seen have been very dim at night. Do you have a photo at night?

These are not bad actually, they cost $50 from bunnings and thats the best you can get out of solar.

They are not like proper lights, but they look really good from the street at night.

I have just finished my reno job, and its on the market.

Positive feedback that i've got was for using river pebble stone pavers at the entry, people love it, it really looks good.

Another cheap decor is 600mm stainless steel solar lights from bunnings for your gardens, they really look good at night.

It looks really good. Well done. How much were the river stone pebble pavers? Where did you get them from? They look good. Did you lay them on sand?

Hi RedPanda

River pebbles i bought from AMBER Tiles, they cost $120.00/m2 plus i had to buy edge pavers, white rocks to fill the gaps and spray the pavers in black so it matches the driveway. So it costed me over $600.00 just in materials for that small section, not cheap but i love it.

Yes it is installed on compacted sand.

Here is the link for the rest pictures, house is for sale by the way :)

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-mount+keira-107612966

Now that's nice!! Got any 'before' pics?

Back