Wow factors to add value to a house

love the floating stairs, how much did they cost Angel?
about two years ago i have custom built similar stairs for the client, they looked awesome.

what type of treads are you having?

We are currently looking into concrete kitchen benchtops as an alternative to the various stones. I just love the look of them especially when they are quite thick and when the whole thing is made as one mold.

I will keep you guys posted on my research.

Angel

love the floating stairs, how much did they cost Angel?
about two years ago i have custom built similar stairs for the client, they looked awesome.

what type of treads are you having?

Hi Veseli,

Don't have the figures on the stairs yet. Still waiting for the invoice from the steel fabricator plus we're not sure what we are going to cover the treads in.

I really want a glossy white material of some sort so will looks exactly like the rendered image but the trouble is what material do we use?We need something not too sippery and something that won't scratch too easy. Any suggestions?????

The other expensive thing is the sheets of glass we are using as a barrier next to the stairs. Each sheet has to be 4.2 metres high as they will become the blaustrading upstairs.

We are looking at upwards of $10K for sure.

Angel

I reckon it will look good in any first grade timber finish, maybe to match the floor boards??

There are so many options with timber, maybe Whitewashing or Pickling Techniques, it could look awesome and different or polyurethane finish.

Let us know of the steel manufacture's price when you get it.

I reckon it will look good in any first grade timber finish, maybe to match the floor boards??

There are so many options with timber, maybe Whitewashing or Pickling Techniques, it could look awesome and different or polyurethane finish.

Let us know of the steel manufacture's price when you get it.

Hey Veseli,

It's been a while but our stairs are done (not without minor dramas). To finally answer your question the materials (steel) and manufacturing falone cost $4,500 + we had to crane it in.

You can check out a couple of pictures on my blog. It's not 100% safe yet at the moment. We still need to put in a hand rail and barrier.

But all in all, we are very happy with how it's turned out.

Back