10 years of Somersoft

Sim

Administrator
We passed a significant milestone last week ... it was 10 years ago I was sitting in a holiday apartment on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, finishing the conversion of the Somersoft forum from WebBoard to vBulletin and launching the first vB version of the site (all over a 28kbps dialup link!).

We've come a long way since those early days and things have changed a lot - although the basic forum functionality is still largely the same.

I am still planning on migrating the forum off of vBulletin in coming months, although I have a bit more work to do before we are ready for Somersoft version 4.

Anyway - happy 10 year anniversary of Somersoft version 3 everyone!

Well done Sim! Having been involved with a vBulletin site for 8+ years now I can appreciate the time involved in keeping the servers running, the users happy and the spam at bay. Looking forward to seeing the new site.

Good onya Sim - thanks for enabling the functionality of the site, and thank you to the Somers for funding it.

On a further note.
I have to add that this is the first website I always turn to for all information related to property, business, legal issues and general.
After reading it daily, (just passed my 10 year anniversary last month), one becomes very well informed and set on the right path for success.

Thanks Sim, Somers and Somersoft.
And, a big thanks to the knowledgable posters who are so kind to answer questions and offer advice to those with less experience.

We passed a significant milestone last week ... it was 10 years ago I was sitting in a holiday apartment on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, finishing the conversion of the Somersoft forum from WebBoard to vBulletin and launching the first vB version of the site (all over a 28kbps dialup link!).

We've come a long way since those early days and things have changed a lot - although the basic forum functionality is still largely the same.

I am still planning on migrating the forum off of vBulletin in coming months, although I have a bit more work to do before we are ready for Somersoft version 4.

Anyway - happy 10 year anniversary of Somersoft version 3 everyone!
Well done Sim and thankyou for your time,but when you look back at some of the posters that have come into this site over the years and who they have taken with them,and their cash and the orchestration used this Site is a standout in Australia..Thankyou..

Congrats Sim. This site is a boon for people like us. Can't get this mixture of experiences in one place anywhere else.

Only found this property 4 months ago, just after I purchased my first property.

Signing contract on my second this week, looking at open for third this weekend.

Wish I had of found this site 2 years ago!

Congratulations Sim and the Somers on this first decade and thank you for this wonderful forum which has enabled me to get together with like minded investors, some of whom have become friends :)

Ahhhh remember the conversion well - seems just like yesterday.. Thank you Sim and the Somers for providing us all this fabulous medium.

Sim, just wondering how many original web board forum members are still active posters today. Is there some way to find out?

Back