$98 Bunnings Alegro Toilet?

My house needs a new toilet. Bunnings have the Allegro S Trap for $98. Next model up $198 or so and then $500+. Has anyone installed one and can comment?

Are you sure that $98 price is for a toilet seat plus cistern or just the toilet seat alone? Last time I bought a low end toilet from bunnings (3 months ago? should be the same or similar model) there weren't any combo units for near as cheap as $98.

Anyway in regards to low end bunnings toilets, they're fine in my experience. nasty stuff goes in, you pushie the button, the toilet goes swishie, and the nasty stuff is gone. Which is kinda the principal purpose of the device :)

edit: the name alegro sounds familiar to me, which probably means that it was the same model.

Photo looks like complete jobbie to me. Your outline of how it works is what I'm after. it does what it does. If it works, and keeps working that to me is good enough.

I'll have a look tomorrow to see how much is plastic. Would be pretty nasty if the actual base/main body is plastic.

Just took a look at the picture, and it's the same one.

The same one.

The same one.

The same one.

That I paid $200 for.

DAMN YOU DARWIN BUNNINGS PRICES

The pan will be VC (Vitreous china) the cistern seat and link will be plastic. The cistern is made in Australia, the pan is made in China. Stylus is owned by Caroma so whilst it is their cheap brand it is made to their standards.

Have bought two of these over two years, I think they were about $120
when on special.
Had to replace the internals/float on one as the under side half flush push
button linkages snapped but the other one is ok at the moment.
The one which broke has a few kids using it.

Bunnings Thornleigh had their display on sale for $50 on the weekend

If you take the advert showing $98 into the store you bought your for $200, will they beat it by 10% ?

Yeah, kick a guy while he's down why don't you :D

Anyway come to think of it, the client paid for it anyway - but that's not the point. The point is that Darwin is full of scam artists. Would you believe that tomatoes were $13 a kilo at coles a few months ago? And bananas grown locally that they buy from the farmer for 30c a kilo were $11? Overpriced food that you digest into overpriced poop that goes into an overpriced toilet with overpriced water to swish it away with. Whaddaboolsheet.

yeah, kick a guy while he's down why don't you :d

anyway come to think of it, the client paid for it anyway - but that's not the point. The point is that darwin is full of scam artists. Would you believe that tomatoes were $13 a kilo at coles a few months ago? And bananas grown locally that they buy from the farmer for 30c a kilo were $11? Overpriced food that you digest into overpriced poop that goes into an overpriced toilet with overpriced water to swish it away with. Whaddaboolsheet.

lol........

Rubbish quality toilet. You will be repairing or replacing the cistern internals within 12 months. Spend a bit more, worth it.

Estilo

Hiya

While we are still talking toilets, how about the Estilo range also from Bunnings...i bought it 2 weeks ago at $149 but can return it....all porcelain

as you can surmise, this lady does not know much about cisterns and pans etc:)

I bought 2 of the cheapie ones for $98 and installed in 2 properties. So far so good. I can report back on skid marks in a few years hahahaha

We also buy the cheapest toilets...no surprise there though :)

They work just as well.

I wish people would stop thinking because it costs more..it must be better.

that is true - doesn't mean it is cheap it must be bad

majority of these probably cost like $20-$40 to be done overseas and then it just depends how well known the brand is to put in the markups.

Yeah, kick a guy while he's down why don't you :D

Anyway come to think of it, the client paid for it anyway - but that's not the point. The point is that Darwin is full of scam artists. Would you believe that tomatoes were $13 a kilo at coles a few months ago? And bananas grown locally that they buy from the farmer for 30c a kilo were $11? Overpriced food that you digest into overpriced poop that goes into an overpriced toilet with overpriced water to swish it away with. Whaddaboolsheet.

What you whinging about, Darwinins get paid so much more they can afford dearer prices....

I bought 2 of the cheapie ones for $98 and installed in 2 properties. So far so good. I can report back on skid marks in a few years hahahaha

I bought this in august last year to go in my IP, as far as i recall its just the cistern for $98. So far so good, and made the whole toilet look 2011 style as opposed to the 1970 cistern i chucked out.

Don't touch it!!!!! Have had nothing but trouble when installing these Bunnings toilets. We will not install them any more. Try to get a Bunnings service guy to come and fix it! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Back