Abbott or Gillard...?

Abbott or Gillard to win the election ?

• Tony Abbott

Votes: 72 57.6%
  • Julia Gillard

Votes: 53 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope we get to that at some stage. It would = perpetual liberal governments IMO.

??? Are you stereotyping Labor voters as being so lazy, uneducated and disinterested that they won't turn up to vote if voting is made optional? Hence perpetual coalition governments?

Ummm, I don't think so. UK and many other countries have optional voting and have not had their parliaments dominated by conservative parties have they?

Exactly the reason that some people support non-compulsory voting. Those that don't have an interest in politics, or vote for someone "for dubious reasons" probably wouldn't bother voting. :D

Although as others have pointed out, we don't really vote for our leader. We vote for a party who elects a leader. The parties use a leader to sway those who vote for the person and not the party.

Still not sure what you're trying to get at... :confused:

I was getting at the fact that so many people cast their votes without really thinking why. Maybe it's because your parents vote that way, or your friends, I don't know.

I see the same problem with religion.

No choice , Abbots just some fool school boy that woke up one morning and found out they'd appointed him leader.
The man has zero vision or imagination. He never dreamed of one day running the country or of wanting to help or mold the country , he has nothing to offer us and , I couldn't stand seeing his mug on TV for yrs on end either .
And , I mean the guy parades around in speedo's , now there's depth , what the !

I would have voted Turnbull though , he is a man of depth , vision , aspirations ans had good ideas for the country with his heart in all the right places for the country .

I don't mind Gillard , a ladies perspective might be good for the country for a change . Keep us out of a few wars , women tend to care about the things that really matter a lot more than us blokes . If she turns out any good , she might be good for the place.

Cheers

Last edited:
<<And , I mean the guy parades around in speedo's , now there's depth , what the !>>

Sorry, but it really bugs me when people criticise the members of the surf lifesaving movement. These people are volunteers and give up their own weekends to protect people from drowning and doing dumb things in the surf.

The fact that Abbott is an active member of his local club should be seen as an asset rather than a fault IMO.

Best pray you never get into trouble in the surf because the person who comes to rescue you will probably be wearing speedos !

I don't mind Gillard , a ladies perspective might be good for the country for a change .

You mean like when there's an election around the corner, and there's a dozen messed up Rudd? policies still to clean up, and what's rattling around in Julia's head is a new improved East Timorese detention centre that the locals don't want, and free school uniforms?

Sorry Random, but her first few weeks were critical for establishing credentials as someone who understands and prioritizes the big issues and executes pragmatic solutions. I was curious to see the extent of her intelligence, vision, and power of personality, to communicate vision and instill confidence within the electorate. She has underwhelmed me more than I expected.

I don't mind Gillard , a ladies perspective might be good for the country for a change . Keep us out of a few wars , women tend to care about the things that really matter a lot more than us blokes . If she turns out any good , she might be good for the place.
Sometimes it pays to look at every event from a wider angle,there will always be some scandal in everything we read and see,but for all those
that think Miss Gillard will still be in power after the people of Australia
blindly vote her and her backdoor union mates back in are in for a real shock,she is just a caretaker,the union bloke:rolleyes: that stood outside the Tassie mine a few years ago while the Real Men went underground and bought those 2 Men out alive,and sadly the other Man that was not so lucky will be running this country,and he will stuff it up that bad if you think MrRudd was good wait for that person to backdoor her just like she
did to Rudd,what goes around comes around "miss gillard"and her head is already on the block with the axe in the air..willair..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtRvEwsPImE&feature=related

<<And , I mean the guy parades around in speedo's , now there's depth , what the !>>

Sorry, but it really bugs me when people criticise the members of the surf lifesaving movement. These people are volunteers and give up their own weekends to protect people from drowning and doing dumb things in the surf.

The fact that Abbott is an active member of his local club should be seen as an asset rather than a fault IMO.

Best pray you never get into trouble in the surf because the person who comes to rescue you will probably be wearing speedos !

HERE HERE! People that complain about the surf lifesaving community are appalling.

Come on guys , stop twisting things . No one in their right mind would complain or knock the wonderful work of life saving clubs or their members , you know that !

Come on guys , stop twisting things . No one in their right mind would complain or knock the wonderful work of life saving clubs or their members , you know that !

The photo which you made critical remarks about was taken when Tony Abbott was coming out of the water after competing in a club swim. If he was not an active lifesaver he would not have been there dressed in that manner.

I don't see any criticism of cricketers dressed in whites when coming off the field or of footballers wearing football jumpers and boots, why criticise a lifesaver for wearing what is regarded as the most suitable attire to take part in their sport ?

Obviously the left leaning press think that it is funny to criticise the sport of life saving, I don't.

If it simply political criticism then fire away no problem there, but lets forget dumping on the guy because he is a lifesaver please. :)

The photo which you made critical remarks about was taken when Tony Abbott was coming out of the water after competing in a club swim. If he was not an active lifesaver he would not have been there dressed in that manner.

I don't see any criticism of cricketers dressed in whites when coming off the field or of footballers wearing football jumpers and boots, why criticise a lifesaver for wearing what is regarded as the most suitable attire to take part in their sport ?

Obviously the left leaning press think that it is funny to criticise the sport of life saving, I don't.

If it simply political criticism then fire away no problem there, but lets forget dumping on the guy because he is a lifesaver please. :)

Mate , you've lost me . I didn't mention any one photo or scene , as a matter of fact one was a poster of him at home by the pool .

And your off again about someone criticizing lifesaving ?

Hi all,

Posted a few weeks ago....

Also of note, the odds for an August election are really low, 14th or 28th being favorites at $2.50 and $2.10 respectively. Maybe they do know something...

OK, the bookies had the 21st at slightly longer odds ~$2.80, but they got August right, maybe they do know something....

In the betting....

Labor $1.25

Any other $3.75

bye

I've never bet on an election before. Might put $100 on "Any other party"

Labor should be on the defensive most of the election, and seems there might be a more sabotage efforts from within the party.

Slim chance the Libs could throw a grenade like put Turnbull or Costello up as leader or deputy.

I'll probably have a real bet on this election.

Had a no money bet with my husband today that the Libs will win. He thinks Labor.

Won our last bet in the last SA state election in March when our electorate swung 10.3%+ to the Liberals :D.

Husband said no way then too.

If Julia Gillard doesn't replace "Moving Forward" broken record, the entire country will vote other, just to be rid of her.

Eeeeeek - I could understand it for the first week, but now it's GRATING.

I don't think I'll vote for either of them anyway.

I do a little vomit in my mouth when I have a migrant tell me she understands my fear of being invaded by 3000 illiterate, half starved Afghans.

I might do a bit more research. A large swing to the Coalition could still result in a hung parliament, and a lost bet.

Weg, I thought you were a guy. :confused:

I think Gillard will win because of lot of voters don't understand/worry about/ or care even about economics like we do.

Yes they worry about interest rates but they have no link between Gov policy and rate rises. Ask 5 voters who sets the rates, reserve bank, the trasury, the ATO, and I bet treasury would win.

And a lot of young under 25 voters never experienced the bad years of Hawke and Keating. Only the decline of Howard.

I wish it was otherwise but I fear not.:(

Coalition will come close but Green preferences will hand the power over.

Peter

I think Gillard will win because of lot of voters don't understand/worry about/ or care even about economics like we do.

Yes they worry about interest rates but they have no link between Gov policy and rate rises. Ask 5 voters who sets the rates, reserve bank, the trasury, the ATO, and I bet treasury would win.

And a lot of young under 25 voters never experienced the bad years of Hawke and Keating. Only the decline of Howard.

I wish it was otherwise but I fear not.:(

Coalition will come close but Green preferences will hand the power over.

Peter

Yes WW I'm a female :D.

I think this has always been the case though Peter. Governments still change regardless.

It's what the voters in the marginals are thinking that's most relevant and often hard to work out. I believe many of these people do go as far as reading news headlines beyond page 3 :eek:.

Many have already formed opinions during this Labor government and swung away. How many swing back?

Many might not understand economics but they'll certainly care how they'll fare with the different parties in office. I think the many recent hard to ignore Labor disasters regardless of the new PM will have some bearing on what they decide.

Yes Greens are the danger :mad:.

Back