Adelaide Investment Suburbs

I must confess - if I was the agent I would be pretty proud of myself as well. They managed to get the sale price that they originally were getting absolutely no interest at. Having said that they managed to get a lot of free advertising.

I've stayed at this place before in Adelaide & I wasn't overly impressed (however I am high maintenance!). Anyone know if this place would have had restrictive zoning in place (so even once the current lease is up, they still can't stay in it -ie short stay only)? Regardless I'm pretty certain it had no kitchen at all. Finance would have been a challenge if the buyer tries to go down that path.

Opinions on Kilburn

Hi all, first time investor, have not purchased a property as of yet but Kilburn is a real interest to me....especially with Adelaide oval and river torrens up and coming...just not sure if a maisonette or house be best option. Also, thoughts on "older style units, built around 70's 80's, would there be much CG on these investments?

Hi all, first time investor, have not purchased a property as of yet but Kilburn is a real interest to me....especially with Adelaide oval and river torrens up and coming...just not sure if a maisonette or house be best option. Also, thoughts on "older style units, built around 70's 80's, would there be much CG on these investments?

Hi FC1986, I am not sure what Kilburn has to do with what is happening at Adelaide Oval etc. That's like living in Melbourne saying you want to buy in Waverely because of what's happening on the South Bank precinct. Maybe not that bad but you know what I mean. If you are looking at suburbs easy access to the city, Brompton, Torrensville, Mile End, Hindmarsh are poss worth a look. I have no issues with Kilburn but it is too far away from Adelaide Oval for that to have any effect I would think IMHO.

Hi All,

I'm continuing to become familiar with the Adelaide suburbs.

What are people thinking about the areas of Peterhead, Ethelton and suburbs around? There seems to be a train going there, and the beach is close by. What are the roads like into the city? Capital growth prospects..?

Please forgive my lack of knowledge of the areas, I'm just reasearching at the moment.

Thanks.

What are peoples thoughts on short and long term prospects Ingle Farm, Para Hills and Pooraka?

Can still get houses in ingle farm for mid 200k on a decent sized block

What are peoples thoughts on short and long term prospects Ingle Farm, Para Hills and Pooraka?

Can still get houses in ingle farm for mid 200k on a decent sized block

Have lots of clients purchasing in this area.

Good properties aren't lasting long.

Hi All,

I'm continuing to become familiar with the Adelaide suburbs.

What are people thinking about the areas of Peterhead, Ethelton and suburbs around? There seems to be a train going there, and the beach is close by. What are the roads like into the city? Capital growth prospects..?

Please forgive my lack of knowledge of the areas, I'm just reasearching at the moment.

Thanks.

I reckon your bang on the money there. The thing about Adelaide is that a lot if the suburbs 1 back from the beach are still way less than 2 k from the waterline so in reality they are underpriced but people's perception keeps them that way.
I like ethelton and co because they have the double land constraint. Water both sides , a good mix for cap growth even if one side is port.

Would be interested to see what your "low ball offer" was... when its gone unconditional please share details or PM

Did you happen to look at this one?
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-morphett+vale-109993271
Whats it look like in the flesh... decent price, I always like the 2nd bathroom makes tenanting easy...

In the past 8-9 months I have sourced 9 properties for myself, family and friends. Huntfield Heights, Hackham West, Christie Downs and OSullivan Beach.

We put an offer in straight after the first open on all properties. 8 out of the 9 properties all had multiple offers after that first open.

Good, well priced properties are selling quick.

In the past 8-9 months I have sourced 9 properties for myself, family and friends. Huntfield Heights, Hackham West, Christie Downs and OSullivan Beach.

We put an offer in straight after the first open on all properties. 8 out of the 9 properties all had multiple offers after that first open.

Good, well priced properties are selling quick.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-christie+downs-114686135?rsf=emailalert-propdetails

Property like this awesomely priced....

BUT its an affordable homes property

$205k for 711sqm

Is it even good value?

I assume ~$250/wk rent. Is that about right for the area?

Per year:
Rent: $13k (assuming 100% tenancy)
Property management (@7%): $910
Rates: $1.5k
Interest (@5.5%): $11,275

Net: -$685/yr

Not even cash flow positive!

There isnt a 3 bedroom available for under $280p/w

I would likely look to do a renovation and spend up to $10k.

Purchase Price $205,000
Purchase Costs $10,000
Renovation $5,000

Interest @ 5% $11,000
Rates & Insurnace $2,000
Property Management $1,000

Rent $280 x 50 weeks $14,000

Costing you $1000 a year, even with purchase cost and revnoation I think you would be up on equity gained, making holding a property for $19.23 p/w pretty easy.

I think after renovation property would be worth AT LEAST $240,000, more then likely $250k+

Something like this which is pretty similar which hasnt been reno'd sold for $238,000

I believe Jim purchased this http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-christie+downs-113810287 for $245,000 which is a very good price.

But as Jim said wont even get a look in, it will be sold before its offered to the general public.

My Property Manager I have used for years has just left and am not happy with the replacement.

Does anyone know of a good PM in the southern area ?

Not in the greatest area. Would rent for $270 easy. One of our properties had a showing last night for $285. We had 8 couples through.

I don't like that massive gumtree in the back though. You only need 200sqm for subdividing.

$270 as is yes, it would be cheapest rental on the market at the moment.

$280 after renovation would also be cheap compared to market.

Gumtree and subdivision wouldnt be an issue, the money to demolish and develop isn't there just yet. Give it 5-10years growth.

Sit and forget, on $280p/w its about $1000 negative cf, after 1-3 years with rent increase would be cf+.... also remembering with tax benefits would be net cf+

Back