ALP Doomed but how many seats will they get?

thats correct ! standing corrected still i dont think Abbott will do it vs kool kev :cool:

Both abbott and Julia just cold faced pollies no one really trusts, kev is charismatic and delivers and if he ever lies it is well covered up compares to other 2.

latest BludgerTrack for July. Not enough data with the sudden change of ALP leader for continuity but good for a giggle.

Quote:
The projected final seat outcome, which would put Labor in a position to continue governing with the support of Andrew Wilkie and Adam Bandt from a minority of the two-party preferred vote, further demonstrates the point made by Possum that a substantial advantage accrues to the party which seizes the middle ground in Queensland

Not sure if hotlinking of other site images is allowed so won't do it. Anyway the image is here.
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollbludger/files/2012/11/2013-07-02-bludgertrack.png

thats correct ! standing corrected still i dont think Abbott will do it vs kool kev :cool:

Both abbott and Julia just cold faced pollies no one really trusts, kev is charismatic and delivers and if he ever lies it is well covered up compares to other 2.

Wonder why he was so unpopular that his colleagues felt compelled to dump him last time.

If he wins this time, how long before he is dumped by his colleagues again. They still despise him don't they?

i truely believe peter Garrett has got his dancing style back with unity labour will go above and beyond to secure this election .

i truely believe peter Garrett has got his dancing style back with unity labour will go above and beyond to secure this election .

tumblr_mijpgptLJZ1re56oeo1_250.gif

Wonder why he was so unpopular that his colleagues felt compelled to dump him last time.

If he wins this time, how long before he is dumped by his colleagues again. They still despise him don't they?

I keep saying:

Bill Shorten has been pulling strings for years angling his way to the lodge.

He is the only common denominator since Rudds stabbing and he is the one most are shocked about his turning around to "support" Rudd.

This is long term stuff and he is young enough and patient.

Rudds nickname should be "patsy".

Everyone who despises him is leaving, rather than sticking around.

I keep saying:

Bill Shorten has been pulling strings for years angling his way to the lodge.

He is the only common denominator since Rudds stabbing and he is the one most are shocked about his turning around to "support" Rudd.

This is long term stuff and he is young enough and patient.

Rudds nickname should be "patsy".

+1. Rudds a temp.

+1. Rudds a temp.

Peter,

I agree. Here's someone else that has Shorty as the next one in line too. Nice article as well outlining Krudd's narcism. I like the Iceberg analogy...

Rudd Reborn - Or is this a mere lap of honour?

SMH said:
Second the very disunity that unseated him and then reinstated him, leaves him vulnerable to a tap on the shoulder when Bill Shorten and colleagues decide that he's past the use-by-date. Rudd might be the chosen leader but the Australian public know all too well that no matter whom they vote for as Labor leader, the factions will ultimately decide who stays and who goes.

My only concern is that the Australian public do not know all too well that no matter whom they vote for as Labor leader, the factions will decide who stays and goes...

Cheers,
Michael

My only concern is that the Australian public do not know all too well that no matter whom they vote for as Labor leader, the factions will decide who stays and goes...

....and there's the common misconception.

Most of the population do not get to choose the PM.

Only about 90,000 people really get to vote for the Labor leader, assuming faceless men behind closed doors don't knife him in the back.

Peter,

Cheers,
Michael

But how is this any different to any other political party operating within Australia?

The public do not vote for a leader. They vote for a party that internally elects a leader.

If (well, when) the Liberal party wins the election no one, except those living in the federal seat of Warringah, will have voted for Tony Abbott. They will have voted for their local representatives from the Liberal Party/National Party.

Can we drop this ridiculous charade about any of this being "undemocratic". It's nonsense. The Liberal party have done the same - Billy McMahon was PM without ever having lead the party to victory. It has no place in the Australian political discourse.

But how is this any different to any other political party operating within Australia?

The public do not vote for a leader. They vote for a party that internally elects a leader.

If (well, when) the Liberal party wins the election no one, except those living in the federal seat of Warringah, will have voted for Tony Abbott. They will have voted for their local representatives from the Liberal Party/National Party.

Can we drop this ridiculous charade about any of this being "undemocratic". It's nonsense. The Liberal party have done the same - Billy McMahon was PM without ever having lead the party to victory. It has no place in the Australian political discourse.

Ideo.

Michael valid point is what was once a power struggle is now mates looking after mates in the ALP. Rudd can be flicked any time. Regardless of how good or bad he runs the shop. The Libs don't flick the leader. As for Billy McMahon we are talking 1971. 42 years ago and the details are nothing like Rudd V Gillard. Holt drowned and there was power struggle for vacancy.

In modern day, Keating v Hawke and Costello v Howard all had leadership tensions but it was man v man not 100% factions deciding as we have now.

The fact is had Shorten stuck with Gillard she would still be PM. He is the king maker because he brings a lot more than one vote. They changed because Rudd could win and Gillard could not. Nothing to do with policy , direction, etc..

If ALP system was fair and that every member in every ALP branch got a vote then so be it. But it is well known the ALP Union base branch stacks and controls the agenda by parachuting in ex Union mates as candidates. We have one such candidate in my very electorate.

Ex Qld Union organiser now "suddenly" in love with our little part of VIC :rolleyes: This selection rolled the local ALP man, loyal branch members for his long life, who was all but in as candidate as the standing ALP man is retiring. Was even actively debated the LIB candidate who was born and bred local lad as well.

No we have UNION APPROVED CANDIDATE a person for their inclusion by the Union will no doubt have had sold their soul/vote to the Union machine regardless of what they think or even what suits us locals.

That is ALP issue. The Unions control the party. No wonder their member is falling.

Regards Peter 14.7

Last edited:
Back