ALP Doomed but how many seats will they get?

She will be knifed by the public for knifing Rudd in the first place.

They (faceless) installed her because the next poll (2010) looked like a loser under Rudd.

Fast forward to now and what is happening?
It looks like a loser under Gillard.

She'll get what she dished out whether it be from her own party or the public but she better brace herself one way or another. Karma, call it what you will but it's coming.

I cant believe how far labour goes down the embarrasment path on a regular basis and expects the public to forgive and forget?

Lets get this house in order soon please :(

The scary thing is the Galaxy/Nielsen polls with KRudd as PM has the Coalition and Labor neck and neck. With Juliar as PM it's a whitewash.

Labor seem quite content losing this election by a long margin than having a chance with a megalomaniac.

:confused:

Yes it would be scary if that 5% swing was extrapolated across the country and we had a 50/50 result because we could have another hung parliament and the associated perception of political instability for another 3 years.

She will be knifed by the public for knifing Rudd in the first place.

They (faceless) installed her because the next poll (2010) looked like a loser under Rudd.

Fast forward to now and what is happening?
It looks like a loser under Gillard.

She'll get what she dished out whether it be from her own party or the public but she better brace herself one way or another. Karma, call it what you will but it's coming.

I cant believe how far labour goes down the embarrasment path on a regular basis and expects the public to forgive and forget?

Lets get this house in order soon please :(

Yes, I wonder if Gillard will suffer the ignominy of Howard and not only lose the election but be booted out by the voters in her electorate. Although I suppose if she does get re-elected rather than remain in opposition she might resign from parliament and find employment elsewhere.

Yes, I wonder if Gillard will suffer the ignominy of Howard and not only lose the election but be booted out by the voters in her electorate. Although I suppose if she does get re-elected rather than remain in opposition she might resign from parliament and find employment elsewhere.

She's got the hide to remain, dont worry about that. How long has she been a member?..looking to the biggest payout possible I would think then live happily ever after as a Union Lawyer on government benefits.

Also, refered to as "honourable" Julia Gillard.

Anyway, bring it on.

I wonder if Gillard will suffer the ignominy of Howard and not only lose the election but be booted out by the voters in her electorate.

Not a snowballs chance.

She enjoys a primary vote in Lalor of over 64%, and a final 2PP margin of over 22%.

She will definitely retain her seat.

Not a snowballs chance.

She enjoys a primary vote in Lalor of over 64%, and a final 2PP margin of over 22%.

She will definitely retain her seat.

One of the 43 they will retain.

No basis on that number, I just think it hits the right kind of mark.

yes the by-election...who will labor put in for her seat?

or will she stay on the back bench?

a truly ugly time for australia. not to mention the cost. things can only improve?

roll on the election.

yes the by-election...who will labor put in for her seat?

or will she stay on the back bench?

a truly ugly time for australia. not to mention the cost. things can only improve?

roll on the election.

Yes, like Anna " I will stay" Bligh. She will pull the , good the party, renewal BS call and then enjoy free travel, and super for the rest of her life.

What a sad joke on us.

Peter 14.7

I am riveted to all things political at the moment. Next week (even with both leaders away for Hazels funeral) should be very interesting.

I personally have been waiting a long time for the Coalition to come back!

you are not alone.

and yes it is fascinating. wonder if the labor party have decided on a candidate for craig thomson seat yet?

yes it is fascinating. wonder if the labor party have decided on a candidate for craig thomson seat yet?

At 5.1% margin, the Federal seat of Dobell is likely to fall to the Liberals.

Looks like only 1 person has put their hand up to represent Labor in Dobell, and he's an ex-Liberal Party member.

Craig Thomson, like most departing independents who can't let go, will struggle to get into double figures.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-...seat-vacated-by-craig-thomson-is-yet-/4762026

It's possible (likely even) that it is just a slow news day and the papers are looking for a beat up, but this - Labor leadership hurdle gone - Kevin Rudd has the all-clear - is the lead story on news.com.au this morning.

Odds unchained from my last post atm.

I see that one of the pics that accompanies the story is Kevin Rudd in a sleeping bag taking part in the "CEO Sleepout for St Vincent de Paul".

Dude still thinks he's PM....

I see that one of the pics that accompanies the story is Kevin Rudd in a sleeping bag taking part in the "CEO Sleepout for St Vincent de Paul".

Yes he was over south bank ,undercover-hot food-and big kiwi gentlemen looking after all the doors so I don't think he was ever at risk,bit different from within a 1.5 radius of that site and all the homeless that live in the river areas in sub 7 cold,he would have been better sleeping in one the river camps that would have put some holes in his theories and assumptions on Labors dream for everyone..

It's possible (likely even) that it is just a slow news day and the papers are looking for a beat up, but this - Labor leadership hurdle gone - Kevin Rudd has the all-clear - is the lead story on news.com.au this morning.

Odds unchained from my last post atm.

Dude still thinks he's PM....

That is such a silly/childish post. Our lord mayor did it too, as did malcolm turnbull and a whole host of people who arent CEOs.

At least criticise Rudd for one of his many legitimate failings instead of inventing a reason to be outraged.

@ sanj

The majority of my post was dedicated to that there is even more speculation as to Rudd making a play for PM -> something, I might add, that Mr Rudd is ever to happy to play along with.

At least criticise Rudd for one of his many legitimate failings instead of inventing a reason to be outraged.

My jibe re: Rudd behaving like CEO - was as much historic as it was meant in the current context.

You would recall that as Foreign Minister (after he was dumped as PM) he was happy to attract as much publicity to himself as possible (culminating in that disastrous trip to the US where he said he would challenge Julia).

Fast forward to the last few months and he just can't let go of his own importance (referenced numerous times in the media).

The problem I have with Rudd is that - even the ostensibly good things he does are, to me, part of an overall pattern of behaviour.

One which, when he was PM, saw turnover within his office reach record levels (it was reported at the time that he would fly off the axe handle at staff) and, since then, has seen several labour MPs say that they are never prepared to work with him again as leader.

So I was criticising him for a failure (even if it is a failure wrapped up in a very worthy social cause - in this case St Vincent de Paul).

Having said that, I reckon if there were cameras present, Rudd would attend the opening of an envelope.

Back