An Old Piece of Paper

I was cleaning out my office when I found this old piece of paper, It had scribble all over it from a seminar that I went to god knows when, some of the notes were thought provoking at this time of year with setting new years resolutions, goals, budgets etc.

Anyway I thought it’d post them & maybe a few of you might have some others to add.

Anyway this is what that piece of paper had on it…

We attract what ever we think we are worthy of

This size of a person is determined by what it takes to upset them

Write goals down and put on mirror

We set our own boundaries

When we reach goals in our life we plateau out

The goal comes first then the how to comes next

Stirrers are people with low self-esteem

Ed.

I love this sort of thing. I have a notepad I write eveything in. Every know and again, I glance through it (trying to find a blank space to make another note) and find these kind of gems.

Keeps you fresh :)

Jas

great ones, thanks Ed...

My friend came to visit me late last year, and we have been friends for about 12 years.

We discussed life, and the pursuit of happiness, as we girls do...

She ended up going over to my printer and taking a sheet of paper out of it, taking one of the Textas off the coffee table (from where the kids had left them) and wrote something on the paper, in big letters, then she went and stuck it on my fridge... It is still there...

It said:

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
-Eleanor Roosevelt.

My friend Fran is very wise.

asy :D

Nice one Asy I think that deserves a spot on everyones fridge…

I like this one,

The size of a person is determined by what it takes to upset them

I always laugh to myself at work when someone loses their temper over something small, I just think you have so much growing to do.

Here’s another a bit off beat this one…

But if things don’t change around here they’ll stay the same!

I got a book for xmas a couple of years ago called "don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff" has little stories about how to fly above the clouds and not through them.

Ed .

Thanks for those thoughts. The're inspiring.

One saying that a friend told me of about a yearish or so ago, and I've found reasuring of over the last couple of years with small children and business and life and lack of sleep ... and being a smaller person than I'd like to be, etc.....

"Life is a problem ..... Living is solving it."

And then there is the one my First Boss gave me on a plaque after a trip he had to Hawaii.

"Turn your face towards the sun and the shadows will fall behind you."

JustAMum

And then there is the one my First Boss gave me on a plaque after a trip he had to Hawaii.

"Turn your face towards the sun and the shadows will fall behind you."
Hehe.

Meaning the sun shines out of his ... ?

Now for a very badly & hastily written, soooky poem.

Turn you face towards the sun and shadows will fall behind.
And when through the nights of your life,
When darkness is all that you can find.
Look to the stars to guide you through the strife.

When shadows dark are all around, and not even your shadow can you see,
A glimer of light, or even a laugh, can give you the spirit or be a guide to where you want to be.

So ... thanks GeofW .... your one of the stars. Especially because you can give light on things I can't see alone.
Along with many others giving their views and knowledge.

Jamie, perverse he may be - but he did make me laugh. I'm glad there are perverse people, and I think I am glad I am too neive to be perverse. Though I don't know what it is like to be perverse. It is good to see things from other view points (most of the time) Though that doesn't mean you have to take those views into account. Now, I better get my dictionary and look up the precise definition on perverse and wit. ...correction ... I better go and stop the children murdering each other.

JustAMum

Last edited:
Sorry I'm not Jas... let me try another...

Mary had a little lamb
it's fleece was black as charcoal
each time it bought a house it wrapped
money came out it's ...

The boss's creed....

One boss I had great respect for, had this saying framed on his wall....

"When you're running with the herd, don't stumble - getting up can be a real bitch !!"

Regards,

Originally posted by geoffw
each time it bought a house it wrapped
money came out it's ...

came out it's jas or asy? :p

Congrats on hitting 600 GW :D

bundy ( who is now going to duck and weave for a while )

I like this one:

The hardest thing about climbing the ladder of success is fighting your way through the crowd at the bottom.

Hi all,

* disclaimer * IP unrelated and after a few beers...

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away..."

Jamie :p

Originally posted by JustAMum
Jas,
what are some of your more favorite jems?
Just A Mum
[/QUOTE]

JAM,

Here's a few of my favs

It is not length of life, but depth of life- Ralph Waldo Emerson

A person will be just about as happy as they make up their minds to be - Abraham Lincoln

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but, rather, a manner of traveling - Samuel Johnson

To live exhilaratingly in and for the moment is deadly serious work, fun of the most exhausting sort - Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach - Benjamin E Mays

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.

Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare;
It is because we do not dare that things are difficult - Seneca

Seneca is a philosopher I've been looking into recently; he's got a really interesting slant on life. He lived in Nero's time (he was Nero's tutor) and felt that being a pessimist was the best philosophy. He had interesting ideas on anger too.

Jas

Back