Anyone heard of property secrets ?

The discussion has been about this story.

Other stories are mostly inconsequential rubbish. Somebody's neighbour is being a nuisance. Some scumbag father is not paying child support. Some son cheated his own mother.

On this story, facts appear to have verification elsewhere. Including experience from people posting on this forum.

ah ok sorry i misunderstood. i wasnt talking about this story specifically, more today tonights history of being rubbish and general lack of credibility

Hi

Helping a friend to find out more about this company Property Secrets

http://www.propertysecrets.net.au/

They claimed that they can help sourced , purchase, renovate and build a granny flat and turn the purchase into positive cash flow.

Anyone care to share their experience ?

Thanks

Have not used them, but talked to them when I was looking for a BA.
It will be different for different people, but for me, that one call screams "no, not for me".

They're very eager, asking too many personal details too early in the process. No asking of goals, no introduction, one size fits all. It's "you have this much, this is what I want you to do."

Feels like a sale and I'm not looking for a salesman, especially when they're selling something to me when I need them to be a team member and buy something for me. Hence it's a no.

It's not an ideal world. Deal with it.

This is a great example of my scientific version of karma.

In my world, the majority do the right thing and we should report these types of illegal and unethical activities. You can get ahead without being a bad person.

In ok180's world, these type of dodgy kickbacks are OK, because that's how you get ahead - just don't get caught. What a stressful, unhappy world that must be.

This is a great example of my scientific version of karma.

In my world, the majority do the right thing and we should report these types of illegal and unethical activities. You can get ahead without being a bad person.

In ok180's world, these type of dodgy kickbacks are OK, because that's how you get ahead - just don't get caught. What a stressful, unhappy world that must be.

You call them different worlds I call them reality land and fantasy land.

You call them different worlds I call them reality land and fantasy land.

The reality is that a BA or REA can receive kickbacks and/or commissions - that is not the issue. The issue is, that you need under the Act, to declare what those commissions are. That way a consumer can make up their own mind whether or not to use the 3rd party service being recommended.

It just need to be transparent.

We get offered kickbacks on a regular basis but always turn them down so that we can disclose $0 and only recommend on the basis of the 3rd party provider doing a good job for the client.

Regularly the case re: BAs getting contacted with concept of kickbacks.

Quite difficult situation to be put in.

I'm all for the truth. Certainly, believe that buyers should do their own due diligence on every expert and not trust every thing they read/are told, but we should always strive for a better industry.

More coming on Property Observer about this situation tomorrow.

Regularly the case re: BAs getting contacted with concept of kickbacks.

Quite difficult situation to be put in.

I'm all for the truth. Certainly, believe that buyers should do their own due diligence on every expert and not trust every thing they read/are told, but we should always strive for a better industry.

Agree 100% and, as with Prop's comments before, the issue here is that Property Secrets acted contrary to the PSBAA Sec 47 re: Duty of Disclosure.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/psabaa2002385/s47.html

As Terry W has already pointed out in another post, real estate agents are bound by this and are acting unethically and illegally by not disclosing here.

Agree 100% and, as with Prop's comments before, the issue here is that Property Secrets acted contrary to the PSBAA Sec 47 re: Duty of Disclosure.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/psabaa2002385/s47.html

As Terry W has already pointed out in another post, real estate agents are bound by this and are acting unethically and illegally by not disclosing here.

What about solicitors Jacque? The reason I moved from my first solicitor was the suspicion that he got big cuts for strata reports and B&P. He used to charge us $440 for the strata reports and did for a few. Till I realised after gaining some experience. Now I get BETTER reports for $255.

What/who is the best person/department to report this type of illegal kickback activity to?

Seems like it would be helpful here given many people witness this activity.

What/who is the best person/department to report this type of illegal kickback activity to?

Seems like it would be helpful here given many people witness this activity.

Make sure you are clear of the facts, then take property spruikers to Fair Trading to start with then Corporate regulator ASIC for serious matters like fraud.

When I have reported my case I spoke to the investigator himself Doug Sharman from Fair Trading. There are his details.

Doug Sharman | Principal Investigator, Investigation Compliance & Enforcement | NSW Fair Trading| Level 3, 1 Fitzwilliam Street Parramatta 2150
E-Mail: [email protected] | p: 9895 0552 | f: 9895 0456 |m: 0413 382 915 www.services.nsw.gov.au

If you can't get through send an email or contact Fair Trading directly.

Good luck

Seems these guys are moving to Perth now. Got this in email:

We look forward to seeing you today on our famous 'Property Trip in Perth'.

In just two hours you will pick up some of the most important secrets to successful property investing and developing.

When: Saturday - 26th October 2013
Where: Meet at Integrity Builders Office
Address: 67 Howe st, Osborne Prk WA 6017
Start time: 2 pm (Sharp)
Finish Time: 4 pm

Thoughts?

Seems these guys are moving to Perth now. Got this in email:

We look forward to seeing you today on our famous 'Property Trip in Perth'.

In just two hours you will pick up some of the most important secrets to successful property investing and developing.

When: Saturday - 26th October 2013
Where: Meet at Integrity Builders Office
Address: 67 Howe st, Osborne Prk WA 6017
Start time: 2 pm (Sharp)
Finish Time: 4 pm

Thoughts?

Did this trip go ahead?

I just got a cold call from Property Secrets, left a message as I don't answer private numbers!

Anyone care to 'coach me' on a call back? :D

pinkboy

Back