ANZ Bank Tips 2 More Interest Rate Cuts - More Fuel For Positivity

Hit the nail on the head

What nail... that neither you nor him actually understand what trolling actually is. Have a look at your own posts. Pretty good example of trolling.

Wiki: a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

Seems to just regurgitate the usual boring, meaningless graphs.

and around and around and around we go .... trolling (see above)

He clearly knows nothing about property, he never buys property when its a rising market, oh that's right, he has other fish to fry.... and pigs will fly:rolleyes:

and around and around and around... trolling (see above)

From memory this was not why you were banned.

However, I don't like his fund, no control, skimming?? I think you mean fees, once again don't like this either, no control, but this is pretty stock standard when you invest in this sort of product.

Mcknight like to pump the 'Free' theme when it's anything but. They're hooks to flog other stuff.

I never had an issue with the fund per se. Just another investment fund but like all spruikers he played up the potential outcomes (and still does) with exceptional examples which don't even come close to matching industry averages. He likes to keep referring people to the conditions in his prospectus but played down the negatives by giving them about 1% of air time and played up the upside the remainder.

During his hyped promotion of the fund he kept playing on what a big sacrifice he was making to help people ra ra ra. He tried to make out any benefit he got was minimal and that he would put his own money where his mouth was.

When it was pointed out the total of fees he was likely to pull up front ran into millions if fully funded he called me a liar. His contribution was simply a percentage of fees.

The issues I had with the fund were several and that investors weren't being adequately briefed about the risks. It was the old smart money guy selling a deal to unsophisticated investors. They take all the risks and his returns are guaranteed.

They still don't get it that the fund is a 5 - 10 year play with virtually zero liquidity if things go south. Paper values aren't worth diddly when you can't liquidate.

They're in commercial and business creation is negative in the US and getting worse Their only hope is that their preferred states stay above the rising water line.

With that level of insight and financial acumen, you should be running a hedge fund making billions. What are you doing wasting your time on somersoft?

It's one thing to stand on the sideline and watch the game. It's another to be in the game. Even the big boys are falling like nine pins.

From reading his post at 1:08 pm today , I think Mr Freckle should apply for the Treasurer's job. We certainly need someone in Canberra who isn't afraid of what other's think.

Lets talk about the contradiction in that particular post shall we:

http://somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1265400&postcount=96

Its funny how you 'predicted' in '09 the 'mining crash', you 'predicted' the 11/12 'WA slow burn' and you could see the foreseeable future for property owners and businesspeople to sell their businesses yet;

Quote:
3) Do you believe you're smart enough to preempt the market by a couple of weeks, or only smart enough to preempt them by 2-3 years ?

Nope and nope

^^ you say you cant predict the future.

Which is it? :confused:

pinkboy

If everything is falling and all doomed, why not short everything hard. Put your money where you mouth is, you obviously do that by not investing in property.

So please tell how are you currently making money and going forward as you know whats going to happen in the market, how are you going to capitalise.

My bet is not going to do nothing now and wont be doing much in few years either. Likely to be banned from few more forums.

Around Aug 07 I think. When it's going to happen?? It's happening now. Has been for a while. People think that because it's not personally happening to them then it's not happening.
The question you sidestepped was When will it happen in a way that affects the housing & share markets ? That's what will personally affect us. Who is it personally affecting ? you ?

Lets see. I called the mining crash in 09. Told people then that buying property in mining towns was a mugs game. Told a few I worked with that now was a good time to take their winning and cash out. None did and all did their doh.

In 2012 told those I knew to cash their businesses out now before it was too late. None did and all are broke or parked up in paddocks.

2011/12 I suggested WA would go into a slow burn.. slow burn there and getting worse by the month. The collapse in oil and gas will make it much more difficult than even I envisaged.

Those who know me know I indicated that China wasn't the sustaining force many would like to think it is nor would India ride to the rescue and be the next China, that AU's economy would slowly but surely tank on falling exports, resource contraction and global deflation.

So far things continue on track as I've predicted.
Those examples are unsubstantiated predictions about the past. Predictions about the future are a little trickier..... especially putting dates on them :D

There's about 2 gazzillion opportunities a day and I haven't lost a wink of sleep because I missed them. Tomorrows another day and there'll be another gazillion opportunities to mull over.
Yup... and those of us who understand that risk & reward are shades of gray (& not just black & white), will take a few of them.

Credible commentators (forecasters) are able to put a reasoned probability on an event occurring within a timeframe. Chicken lickens & permabulls are unable to consider anything but black or white. Do you have any reasoned predictions & timeframes ?

Hmmm hows that working out for the mobs who were shorting the CHF...
Are you seriously comparing 100:1 leveraged forex trading with property/share investing ?
I'd rather be a year early than a day late.
Only turkeys think like that at thanksgiving (& a few dozen forex traders these days:eek:). What markets are you expecting to 20%+ fall overnight ?

If everything is falling and all doomed, why not short everything hard. Put your money where you mouth is, you obviously do that by not investing in property.

Jeez are you crazy... look what happened to those guys shorting the CHF. Lotsa guys trying ......lotsa guys dying. Shorts have been crushed in just about every corner of the market. There's not many left.

The question you sidestepped was When will it happen in a way that affects the housing & share markets ? That's what will personally affect us. Who is it personally affecting ? you ?

Already is.

Those examples are unsubstantiated predictions about the past. Predictions about the future are a little trickier..... especially putting dates on them :D

They were the future once. Go check out PI if McKnight hasn't obliterated everything

Yup... and those of us who understand that risk & reward are shades of gray (& not just black & white), will take a few of them.

And jolly good luck to them I say

Credible commentators (forecasters) are able to put a reasoned probability on an event occurring within a timeframe. Chicken lickens & permabulls are unable to consider anything but black or white. Do you have any reasoned predictions & timeframes ?

Do tell and these credible commentators who can nail these things down with such precision would be???

Are you seriously comparing 100:1 leveraged forex trading with property/share investing ?

..and the difference would be???

Only turkeys think like that at thanksgiving (& a few dozen forex traders these days:eek:). What markets are you expecting to 20%+ fall overnight ?

I'll keep my head down at thanksgiving then :D

oops- wasn't my chart :) I was just commenting on it and pointing out that the timelines correspond perfectly with;

1. deregulation of banking - someone may want to check when Rabobank, ING, HSBC, Citi etc started doing business in Australia. This was the start of competition and much lower rates and new landing policies.
2. securitisation - someone may want to check when Aussie, Wizard, Rams etc came to be each capital growth phase. This was a continuation of competition and much lower rates and new landing policies.
3. LMI - total game changer. 20% deposits no longer required. First came 90/10's in the very early 90's. Then came 95% , then came non gen savings..then came lo doc, no doc .... and so it went.

All equating to.... BOOM time

I interpret freckles to be saying something very sensible; the expansive lending/credit environment has run its course. It actually ran its course on the rest of the planet 6-7 years ago. Canada and Australia are the two real exceptions, where LVR's werent curtailed to 80% and prices plunged rapidly.

The point is, LVR's have maxed out. They have nowhere else to go. There is no appetite in the RMBS market for no docs or traditional lo docs, or 5% non gen savings, or 100% or 105% LVR's - not anymore. GFC saw an end to that. Todays LVR's as as good as it will be for years, possibly decades. And the issue there is that mature investors may have equity, but people starting out cant manufacture it as quickly as mature investors could - because the truth is- investors didnt manufacture it - lending policies did.

Now, with all due respect, those of you who don't know your way around bank servicing policies nor the realities of how banks actually fund residential mortgages and who have only ever known property to go up, up, up should at least be willing to acknowledge that you need more and more buyers able ( notice I didnt say willing) to pay more and more money in order for prices to continue to rise. And for that to happen at the accelerated rate it happened at during the 90's and 00's, simply isn't possible - because the 3 points listed above are already fully exhausted, so now the ONLY thing creating capacity is big rate cuts. When those are done, so will this bull run.

How do I see it all unfolding? Oh who knows...but I suspect if no more rate cuts come along, we are probably into the last part of this run - and this run hasnt been nationwide this time - which is the first time ! The boom in the 90's and 00's took everyone along. The mini boom post GFC ( off the back of big rate cuts and stimulus) ran much shorter and took all cities along - but this one is even shorter and hasnt spread as wide. tell you anything?

Anyway it's probably reasonable to speculate that we will likely see prolonged period of CPI type growth. I certainly don't see a calamity coming - that would require a huge rise in unemployment and banks facing serious difficulty in the RMBS markets because of large arrears and defaults - which in Australia is unlikely because we have Genworth and QBE sitting astride all 80% + deals. Possible? sure. Likely - not so much.

I think this is a pearl of a post and well worth quoting, made this thread worth reading!

Already is.

They were the future once. Go check out PI if McKnight hasn't obliterated everything
Sorry, doesn't count. The only prediction you have made here is TEOTWAWKI as some stage in the future - you've told us it'll be 'real soon now' for over 2 years. No reasoning, no probabilities, no timescale, no mention of a date you consider your investment hypothesis to be invalid. At least Steve Keen gave us some dates & percentages :eek:

And jolly good luck to them I say
Thank you.:D

Do tell and these credible commentators who can nail these things down with such precision would be???
No-one I know. The successful tend to adapt to the existing environment (ask Darwin), forecasters always lose there credibility - some sooner than others :D

..and the difference would be???
Risk.

I'll keep my head down at thanksgiving then :D
I note you just sidestepped every reasonable question (again).....:D

It's one thing to stand on the sideline and watch the game. It's another to be in the game. Even the big boys are falling like nine pins.

Ahhhh... so you're happy to tell everyone how brilliant you are, all the predictions you made that have come true, and are about to come true, and how little everybody else knows about everything.

But when it comes to putting your money where your mouth is... you whimper away.

^^ you say you cant predict the future.

Which is it? :confused:

pinkboy

I know you're confused but that aside when have I ever predicted anything??

What I've said and continue to say is that given current global conditions, CB management and policy and the direction of the trend things will go tits up big time. That's not an absolute although I consider it mathematically impossible to escape from the next crises.

It's like Lotto. You know the balls will fall out when the bowl stops turning. You just don't know what numbers will come out.

So when the music stops some will get chairs some won't.

Personally I have hard time calling common sense and logic a prediction.

Ahhhh... so you're happy to tell everyone how brilliant you are, all the predictions you made that have come true, and are about to come true, and how little everybody else knows about everything.

But when it comes to putting your money where your mouth is... you whimper away.

I've been putting my money where my mouth is for decades Mr Dob. Keep trying :p

Around Aug 07 I think. When it's going to happen?? It's happening now. Has been for a while. People think that because it's not personally happening to them then it's not happening.

Lets see. I called the mining crash in 09. Told people then that buying property in mining towns was a mugs game. Told a few I worked with that now was a good time to take their winning and cash out. None did and all did their doh.

In 2012 told those I knew to cash their businesses out now before it was too late. None did and all are broke or parked up in paddocks.

2011/12 I suggested WA would go into a slow burn.. slow burn there and getting worse by the month. The collapse in oil and gas will make it much more difficult than even I envisaged.

Those who know me know I indicated that China wasn't the sustaining force many would like to think it is nor would India ride to the rescue and be the next China, that AU's economy would slowly but surely tank on falling exports, resource contraction and global deflation.

So far things continue on track as I've predicted.

Pffft What opportunity? A few measly percent on a highly leveraged asset that could turn to custard at anytime. The GFC came out of the blue for most. The next leg down will catch just as many.

There's about 2 gazzillion opportunities a day and I haven't lost a wink of sleep because I missed them. Tomorrows another day and there'll be another gazillion opportunities to mull over.

What's this market waffle?? You've never listened to a market in your life and if you did you still wouldn't have a clue what they're saying. From the guy who muddle through blue chip investing 101 and now thinks he's some kind of market guru. Give us break.

Nope and nope

Hmmm hows that working out for the mobs who were shorting the CHF... I'd rather be a year early than a day late. Dude get a funny hat, a crystal ball and a tent. You'll probably do OK.

I know you're confused but that aside when have I ever predicted anything??

Your words.

pinkboy

p.s. Will take a bit more insulting than that to rattle me!

Sorry, doesn't count. The only prediction you have made here is TEOTWAWKI as some stage in the future - you've told us it'll be 'real soon now' for over 2 years. No reasoning, no probabilities, no timescale, no mention of a date you consider your investment hypothesis to be invalid. At least Steve Keen gave us some dates & percentages :eek:

You kind of get that when you have your selective glasses. You want absolutes knowing there are none. Keen, while I respect his opinion and agree with much of what he says, is no better than anyone else at hitting a definitive timeline. Any prediction will be a best guess and there are many opinions on that besides mine.

The successful tend to adapt to the existing environment (ask Darwin), forecasters always lose there credibility - some sooner than others :D

Stating the obvious....

ROFL

I note you just sidestepped every reasonable question (again).....:D

Nah..you just don't like the aswers:p

Touche...

Pinkboy and team 1 .....................Freckle ........

Thank God. Somebody with real grit! But shouldn't a real hard man like yourself have a tougher name....

Sorry mate I have to go. I think I've wet my pants.

Quoted for future reference! ;)

In my game, the people I employ have spent more time in jail than out, so I have skin of iron, and need to be sharper than a needle!

What's in a name? Im sure a 'Freckle' is an anatomy synonym refered to the same as a Donkey! ;)

pinkboy

Touche...

Pinkboy and team 1 .....................Freckle ........

Thank God. Somebody with real grit! But shouldn't a real hard man like yourself have a tougher name....

Considering the sporting activities in which he partakes, if pinkboy were actually any tougher, he'd rust...............

http://ap.ironman.com/#axzz3PRcIUNBr

Sorry mate I have to go. I think I've wet my pants.

Mr Dobalina, nailed it in an earlier post. You should either be working for (or running your own) hedge fund. As you have such hubris in your predictive abilities you should be well ahead of the game here in your financial success and creaming commissions and fees by all those souls you could have served.

What are (or have been) your investments for this current economic world?
I'd like to know because I have never been so confused about things in circa 30 years of investing. I don't see Armageddon, however I'm not Pollyanna either. I am also unashamed to say I don't know it all.

Freckle, what would your ideal portfolio look like to ride the current and ensuing times? This is a serious question. Where? What? Percentage allocations? Etc.

Back