April Melbourne Meeting - Steve Navra

mr & mrs combobox were there at the night.

excellent presentation. if there was longer time, we would like to hear more examples and cases.

thank you steve, y-man & rolf for your presentation and organisation.

Yeah, it was great to see Steve condense two dyas worth of seminar into two hours, hahahaha. Good also to catch up with a few people whom I haven't seen in many months. Spewin' I didn't get to catch up with you Ruby, I wanted to, but missed my chance. Next time.

Thank you to all of the marvelous people who organised Steve's presentation. It was truely inspirational to hear what he had to say. EVERYTHING made sense. :) I was particularly interested in the share segment of Steve's talk. To take things a step further, you can achieve great success by combining fundamental and technical analysis to identify undervalued companies. That is, sound companies whose market value is trading at a discount to its intrinsic (or book) value.

As a relatively newcommer to property investing (a stockmarket fan), the more I see of what you guys have to say, the more I realise and appreciate what a niche group this is.

I definately look forward to an opportunity to hear Steve again, and future meetings.

Cheers :p

Ít was a wonderful night for me.
Ruby asked if I'd flown down just to see Steve ... well no. However during his presentation I had thought that it would have been a worthwhile trip if I had. Sometimes when things click ... the moment is priceless. I had been following Steve's posts and those from others relating to rental reality and his funds investment technique, etc yet hadn't been able to feel I totally "got it". His condensed talk that night did do it for me.

I mentioned to Steve after in the carpark that I thought it would've been worth the trip ... just to see him ... he couldn't believe me. Guess he thought I was just sucking up ... but I wasn't.

Given all this and combined with the comments of others here, I am stunned at what I consider to be a poor turn out to a FREE talk by one of the best in the business. People will pay thousands to go to boot camps and the like, but just like the forum itself uncle Steve's talk was FREE. I expected people to be hanging from the rafters. Go figure ? Guess it's that 80/20 rule again.

How lucky was I that I happened to be in town for that one ... awesome !!!

1. thanks Steve
2. thanks Y-man
3. thanks Ruby ... just for being beautiful
4. thanks Slum Lord ... for the free drinks ... and matching my image of you

PS I couldn't let you down Spiderman ... hehehe

I also felt the same way Patosan, i arrived at about 7 pm expecting to struggle for a seat and was surprised at the lack of people in the room!

Mig?

Sorry, forgot to thank the organisers of the evening, Y-man and Rolf... many thanks for your efforts and the excellent venue.

Am I right in thinking the Melbourne Investors Group is a new thing?
I'd love to join up and talk with some of the more experienced Somersoft forumites about property and share investing next time round.

Does the group discuss property (as with this forum) or is it all kinds of investment topics?

Was very impressed and would love to join/attend more regularly. Can anyone tell me how?? :rolleyes:

Cheers,
rubachicken (my real name is Paul :D ).

rubachicken said:
Sorry, forgot to thank the organisers of the evening, Y-man and Rolf... many thanks for your efforts and the excellent venue.

Am I right in thinking the Melbourne Investors Group is a new thing?
I'd love to join up and talk with some of the more experienced Somersoft forumites about property and share investing next time round.

Does the group discuss property (as with this forum) or is it all kinds of investment topics?

Was very impressed and would love to join/attend more regularly. Can anyone tell me how?? :rolleyes:

Cheers,
rubachicken (my real name is Paul :D ).

Hi Rubachicken-Paul,

We have actually been meeting every month for quite a while now (a few years). Keep an eye out on this board for announcements, but essentially we meet on the LAST WEDNESDAY of the month. We alternate between Swinburne Hawthorn and VUT Footscray.

The topic of discussion is generally not fixed in a rigid agenda, and the conversation can encompass all types of investments.

We would love to have you come along. Attendance is free.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Yes, thanks again Y-man and Rolf for the organisational side of things. I have done Steve's 2 day course and it was great to have a refresher, I got new perspectives on things, including a clearer insight into rental reality (that was me up the back asking those questions at the end :)).

And apologies for getting there late (2nd last to arrive)... I had plans to arrive nice and early but got delayed at a client site configuring a tunnel through two routers... and then crossing town through the tail end of peak hour traffic... bleh :-\

And thanks Steve! I will be doing more with your company in the future (currently I just own shares in NavraInvest).

Next meeting

The Y-man said:
Hi Rubachicken-Paul,

We have actually been meeting every month for quite a while now (a few years). Keep an eye out on this board for announcements, but essentially we meet on the LAST WEDNESDAY of the month. We alternate between Swinburne Hawthorn and VUT Footscray.

The topic of discussion is generally not fixed in a rigid agenda, and the conversation can encompass all types of investments.

We would love to have you come along. Attendance is free.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Y man

I've checked the calendar but there's no listing of the Melbourne May meeting
April Meeting was our first!
So could U advise details of time, date, Venue room etc
Sorry 4 any inconvenience

thanks! :)
Timm

Back