• Only if it's a good deal

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • No, but may be

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • No, definitely not

Votes: 21 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what surprises me is that people responded yes instead of 'only if its a good deal'.

i will be buying again in 2014, not sure where yet but only if its a good deal :p

what surprises me is that people responded yes instead of 'only if its a good deal'.

i will be buying again in 2014, not sure where yet but only if its a good deal :p

Its just a wording thing, no ones planning on getting a bad deal. Some of us understood the spirit of the question ;)

Consolidation mode for 2014.
Smash the LVR down to about 33% and then reassess.
Hopefully get some good growth going in Brisbane to help the ratios even more.
Gonna be a year of strong self investment instead of property investment.

No purchasing plans for next year. I've realised I don't have the same passion and motivation for residential property that I used to have. In 2014 or 2015 we may get around to developing a property. I don't think we'll purchase anymore IP's. We are feeling like we've only got a few more years before the kids are all grown up so we really want to invest our time in doing fun family stuff over next few years with the kids.

I've got 1.5m+ burning a hole in my pocket so will probably get another few resi IPs next year. I can't see deposit rates improving much for the next couple of years and can see my market increasing over the same time, so it might be time to move.

Might consider a first commercial property, but don't think I have enough and I don't particularly like the risks and really don't know what I'm doing compared to resi.

"only if it is good deal" as i will have two Build projects going in 2014

Duplex in western Sydney
And multi-Dwelling build in Melbourne.

Serviceability will be poor to buy anything big, but never know what works out!

We've bought 10 since 2009 .

Now happy to wait and watch from the sidelines.

We will sell our current PPOR when it's gone up more but unless sydney goes up more than anticipated , that's more likely to be 2015

Cliff

I'm really torn between wanting to do something like buy/demolish/new build or buy/live in and reno but I dont want any stress.

I'm really torn between wanting to do something like buy/demolish/new build or buy/live in and reno but I dont want any stress.
umm....what? :confused::eek:

Given the stats say that the two most stressful events in a person's life are divorce and moving house, I'd say you might be on the wrong forum. :D

Personally, I find renovating an exhilarating kind of stress - the anticipation of the end result keeps it exciting and fun...

I did one this year back in June and it was the happiest I've been all year....

Not that it's all beer and skittles either, I'll tell you.

Voted "only if it's a good deal" and, in any case, that's how investing criteria should be followed and acted upon anyway.

On the flip side, will more than likely be offloading something in Melbourne next year to liberate ca$h.

Same here.

Already offloaded 1 few months ago and another on the way in 2014.

While buyers are falling over themselves to grab, we are happy to offload. (call me contrary)

Time to reduce liabilities (offset) and wait for opportunities in what appears to be very uncertain times to come.
First bit of bear in me has arrived...must be an age thing.;)

Meanwhile, will live life like it's meant to be lived.:)

Have one settling 17th Jan.

But after that will be saving to develop the most recent purchase. Plan to knock down and build two start of 2015.

Back