ASX down how much

Also funny how precious metals keep coming up...and the ones suggesting it are the ones who already own it and want the price to go up.

Hmmmm.....how is it funny??? I'm surprise there wasn't a bigger rally today.

I don't think a "couple of blokes on a forum" will influence the price :rolleyes:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/article1744857.ece

It's no wonder most tax payers don't agree to a bailout and the House of Sen.

Theses exceutives and so called 'talents' have lived the high life for too long. They can bring down an institution, lose shareholders money and be in debt to creditors but don't even get punished. I read somewhere that Goldman paid $12.1bil in wages last year which is equivalent to $400k per employee...that's just madness for a company who's in financial trouble and their stocks subjected to short selling.

P.S Thanks for your concern on how I spend my money, nice to see that you care. Also funny how precious metals keep coming up...and the ones suggesting it are the ones who already own it and want the price to go up.

Two things: My recommendation to buy gold was heavily discounted by saying something like "If you must buy something!" The other is to thank you for ridding me of the slight interest and concern I had for investments.

If you think about it, it confirms what i'm saying. That is in uncertain times money goes out of risk and into defensive, safe positions.

At this time cash & precious metals (gold etc)

The reason it is being said is because these people know whats going to happen through experience.

Already down about 4%+ on most indices.

P.S Thanks for your concern on how I spend my money, nice to see that you care. Also funny how precious metals keep coming up...and the ones suggesting it are the ones who already own it and want the price to go up.

sorry Letiha...I too thought yield was a good indicator to buy but learnt my lesson through trial and error. Shares I bought last year returned great dividends. However, this years they have halved and in some cases no dividends at all! Luckily, I got rid of most of them already.

I know the volatility is quite exciting and I guess if you had the time and willing to have a bit of fun and gamble then good for you.

I still have stocks but have reduced the exposure to $20k which is nothing and I plan to keep it for years since I don't need access to it. Last week I checked it was down 20% which I thought was really good. It has probably been lower. If the bailout had been approved I might even be neutral now. I think if you keep for long term it's ok.

Why do you say property isn't good atm? you did really well. The profit may not be as good as before but I think you could still squeeze $80k per house. I in the market for land again.

Well i wasn't doing a buy for the current price, still to high IMHO, still has a bit more to come down before i'd be happy to buy. I just wanted to put it in so if i get busy with work i won't miss it.

Could be another 8-10 years of this

\/\/\ /\/\
\/\/\ \ /\ /\
\/ \/ \/\ /\
\/\/\/ \

Death by a thousand cuts

CHISEL:)

There won't be any easy money, CHISEL, but those who read the right things will do well. My reading tells me the resources cycle ain't over yet. Am I reading the right things? Only time will tell.

Market currently down 200 points - only 5%. So far its not particularly exciting.

The 4 horse riders of the apocalypse must have taken a wrong turn.

asx site very slow ... it is an interesting experience as i haven't been in shares for around 8 years (except for super).

market down around 4%. crashed on entry then bounced back up. an awful lot of volume going thru with selling and buying today but happy to advise that my choice of share is currently holding it's own.

it will be interesting at the end of the day to see what shares lost ground and who stacked up in the market sentiment.

Back