ASX down how much

There won't be any easy money, CHISEL, but those who read the right things will do well. My reading tells me the resources cycle ain't over yet. Am I reading the right things? Only time will tell.

So I suppose BHP and RIO are good buys today. I have been watching BHP drop over the past few days, but have remained cautious.

usual for bargain hunters to enter at 11am and sell at 1pm, in a falling market, and the reverse applies in a rising market don't know why ? it just happens often,

So I suppose BHP and RIO are good buys today. I have been watching BHP drop over the past few days, but have remained cautious.

Someone on HC gave BHP a forward pe of 6.6. That's very low for a growth stock so that means the "money" doesn't believe the growth. I do.

remember not all share holders are on this forum, and all they herd this morning is the US marked did prety bad, and lots of numbers were quoted.
most hold shares, and are advised by brokers, it may take 2 weeks for this to fall, as people will take tiome to decide their own doom and gloom, my father outlaw has been procrastinating like this since,feb,.

ASX today - Tuesday 30 September

Triangulating trade? i wonder what will happen at the apex?

Attachments

• asx TUESDAY.jpg
    asx TUESDAY.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 84
Had me worried for a minute

All this talk of downward movement and collapse got me a tad worried, so I hopped in the car and drove past my investment properties.

Phew, Thank God, still standing exactly as they were yesterday.

Think I'll go home and take a little nap on the couch this arvo, it appears there is nothing to worry about, the sky aint falling after all.

cheers

Social Hero

A bright spot in the doom, SH!

That's one good thing about property - 'they' can't take away three-quarters of your property on the say-so or whim of some 'too-clever-by-half' financial engineering genius!!! :D

Cheers
LynnH

yes they are still their, but what would they sell for this is their true value,
i think they may have changed val's. sorry?

Just lucky they don't show the price of your property every night on the news. A few punters might be a bit less than smug.

All this talk of downward movement and collapse got me a tad worried, so I hopped in the car and drove past my investment properties.

Phew, Thank God, still standing exactly as they were yesterday.

Think I'll go home and take a little nap on the couch this arvo, it appears there is nothing to worry about, the sky aint falling after all.

cheers

Social Hero

Why would I want to sell, craigb??? I really don't care what someone else thinks they're worth - the rent just keeps rolling in every week/month, and that's all I'm asking! :D

BTW - 'twas meant to be a tongue-in-cheek comment. Where is a TIC icon when one needs one???

Cheers
LynnH

Last edited:
evand, true thank god, but in quick numbers in my head if my investments were a volitile as the us market, i would have lost, $90,000 during the night, OWCH!

Just lucky they don't show the price of your property every night on the news ...

Geez, evand! The RE institutes and 'experts' have a huge amount of trouble deciding on how to calculate the median price for a suburb for one quarter ... can you just imagine how they'd go about this?????

But back to the thread ...

Cheers
LynnH

I just checked my share holdings and guess what? They are still right where they were yesterday.

I know today's market price for them but I could only guess what it is for my property.

Why do you put **** on share investors about daily fluctuations as if they matter while maintaining that fluctuations on property don't matter?

what i am finding interesting is the volume of transactions. on my shares (which are holding their own) the volume is double what it is on a normal day - and it's only lunchtime.

i cannot understand why so many people are bailing, and losing their capital, when the reason they bought is still strong (dividends, strong company base, strong contracts etc).

anyone want to try and explain this. i would've thought that it was too late to bail in a strong company and one would be better holding on for the short (?) but volitile ride.

Not really so bad.
Most of my stocks are down only 1 to 3%.
Given that the media is suggesting that armigeton has arrived.
More importantly a number of my stocks are higher than their prices back in July.

Even the banks are still higher than they were several weeks ago.
WBC my last buy was at $19.5 now $22.2
ANZ my last buy was at $15.something now $18.3
NAB last buy was at $20something now $24.6

BHP & RIO havent bought any yet. However if RIO goes to around $70 then i think i will make my first purchase.

Back