Australian marry a Thai lady - asset protection?

This is quite true, however there is most certainly a Bangkok Professional class that is nothing like you describe. I have a Thai woman like this working for me who is of this class and the last thing she would ever be interested in is a western slob...hence she is married to a Thai her own age, even though she live in Oz. ...mind boggling isn't it :p I've also got colleagues in Bangkok of this class and I can tell you hooking up with a Westerner is not a badge of honour......

Now, I understand that most Aussies experience of Thai women is limited to girls from Isaan that they meet around Sukhumvit, Walking street and Bangla rd and this is a different story ;)

there is some truth to what you say, however, especially in the poor areas, the girls there lose and gain face by the amount of money their sponsors or husbands are paying them, (much like keeping up with the jones')

once you start bringing in different classes (eg Hiso, middle class) even to the majority of them, marrying a farang is a step up, well for Hiso, the guy cant be a total loser, he has to be well presented, financially ok, not a fat balding drunk etc. etc.

thats why even the good girls, or the hard working office girls of upper management, will often go and ask foreigners to introduce them to any guy, its a combination of expectations, and gaining of face, amongst friends and relatives. Its usually only the parties involved that think "oh what a catch ive got", while the people around them either dont care or look down on them,

its actually quite an interesting phenomenon

TMNT is correct with the excuses guys come out with to say "my girl is different" but your post is also spot on. An educated professional Thai woman from Bangkok would never get into a relationship with a westerner. There's a few reasons why but I won't go into it.

Never?
I know many.

TMNT is correct with the excuses guys come out with to say "my girl is different" but your post is also spot on. An educated professional Thai woman from Bangkok would never get into a relationship with a westerner. There's a few reasons why but I won't go into it.

sorry, have to disagree with that one, in mine and others experience, they too want a foreigner but not the same ones the girls at Soi Cowboy are looking to snag. (generalisation I know but) thais think that farangs are pretty stupid to put up with the crap that their girls and think they are a door mat, plus they pay for everything, and have more money.

Its a bit like the grass is greener on the other side phenomenon, so foreigners are put on a pedastal.

however, if you are part of the royal family or a celebrity, marrying a foreigner wont do you any good, but I am aware of a few celelbrities and royals who have gone against the trend, cant remmeber their names though

sorry, have to disagree with that one, in mine and others experience, they too want a foreigner but not the same ones the girls at Soi Cowboy are looking to snag. (generalisation I know but) thais think that farangs are pretty stupid to put up with the crap that their girls and think they are a door mat, plus they pay for everything, and have more money.

Its a bit like the grass is greener on the other side phenomenon, so foreigners are put on a pedastal.

however, if you are part of the royal family or a celebrity, marrying a foreigner wont do you any good, but I am aware of a few celelbrities and royals who have gone against the trend, cant remmeber their names though

One princess married an American. Divorced now I think. See some stories on the net.

And many of the celebrities are children of foreigners and Thais.

Never?
I know many.

98.78% never if they're wealthy upper class educated Bangkok Thais.

Your first paragraph is incorrect because I'm talking about wealthy educated Bangkok Thais, not any Thai which is what you're talking about. Your third paragraph is correct but it's very very rare for wealthy educated Thais to marry outside their race.

And many of the celebrities are children of foreigners and Thais.

Luk khruengs (mixed race) are popular because they have white skin. Turn on any Thai soapie and the actors don't even look Thai. This is another reason Issan girls want to have a baby with a foreigner, so they can produce a mixed baby and get them on a financial tap.

Your first paragraph is incorrect because I'm talking about wealthy educated Bangkok Thais, not any Thai which is what you're talking about. Your third paragraph is correct but it's very rare for wealthy educated Thais to marry outside their race.

i still have to disagree with you, wealthy educated ones still like their foreigners, they wont be salivating over them, however, snagging one doesnt hurt your reputation or face.

Disclosure: if we are talking about the filthy filthy Rich , I am not 100% sure

Luk khruengs (mixed race) are popular because they have white skin. Turn on any Thai soapie and the actors don't even look Thai. This is another reason Issan girls want to have a baby with a foreigner, so they can produce a luk khrueng.

that is correct, the thais and generally most of asia see white as beauty, only the losers from farangland go for the short, dark girls from the north. I would say that the majority if not all of them marrying foreigners are in it for the money, the colour of the babies skin comes a distant second, as once the money stops coming in, all they have to do is to ship their kid back home to their grandparents/aunties to look after, while they seek out their next ATM machine.

and I have talked to many a girl from a good background, decent jobs, hard working, church going, non drinking, non smoking, not rich, not poor, just genuinely good people say "oh I want a foreigner because I want cute babies"

Unfortunately, mixing genes doesnt always guarantee "cuteness", ive seen some shockers............

ah, I see whats going on here....TMNT are you suggesting "in yours and others experience" that you have success with the high class Thais.....so yours are really different eh?? :p:p

ah, I see whats going on here....TMNT are you suggesting "in yours and others experience" that you have success with the high class Thais.....so yours are really different eh?? :p

hell no, Ive got a face only a mother could love!!! ;)

in fact, when my mother gave birth, the doctor slapped my mum! :) :) :)

i still have to disagree with you, wealthy educated ones still like their foreigners, they wont be salivating over them, however, snagging one doesnt hurt your reputation or face.

Given the choice, a wealthy educated Thai woman from Bangkok will choose a Thai guy as a partner any day over a farang.

Hmm... as a Bhikkhu, aren't you supposed to make people detach themselves from all assets? :p

Yes, but the reality is people ordaining for short times retain their assets. However even long term monks own assets. The ideal is renounciation - or the leaving of home pabbaja.

I know lady boys are considered as ladies in Thailand, but are they considered as ladies here in AU? and that your marriage will be recognized here?

No, they are considered men. they just use the female toilets.

their ID cards have male as sex and so does their passport. As such a marriage between a man and a ladyboy would not be legal in Australia.

their ID cards have male as sex and so does their passport. As such a marriage between a man and a ladyboy would not be legal in Australia.

oops, better cancel my weddings then :)

Unless they are post operative. Who said Legal Studies wasn't useful?

Surgery doesn't change the chromosomes. Even a 'post op' would still legall be a male. However I think there was one recent Australian case where someone was successful in changing their gender legally.

Most ladyboys in Thailand are ladyboys as a career choice because the money is better working as a prostitute. And most will only go as far as silicon implants, grow their hair and wear makeup. They can create a fake vagina by inverting the skin of the testicles but it's not common and most of them have a penis.

I have heard of many europeans taking ladyboys back to their countries for the purpose of marriage, and living like a normal husband/wife, but ive always wondered if they would have any legal problems to it

Most ladyboys in Thailand are ladyboys as a career choice because the money is better. And most will only go as far as silicon implants, grow their hair and wear makeup. They can create a fake vagina by inverting the skin of the testicles but it's not common and most of them have a penis.

Being a lady boy is not a choice, just like being gay,

Most will do the implants, hormone therapy, surgery, basically become a full woman except leave their bit on. The people that like/prefer/want ladyboys actually want their bits left on (dont ask me why), apparently they like the fact that physically they look like a woman but like the male way of thinking, but want to be reminded of this. Im not sure they'd still think like a man if they have all those hormone injections, id hate to imagine what it would be like once they becoming irrational, emotional, unreasonable and hormonal whilst having the strength of a man.

being a ladyboy is a really tough gig, you can earn fairly decent money while you are young, however to survive, you essentially have to be a hooker, and have to spend a lot on your upkeep to be able to participate in those fashion shows, or keep up with the others. As a result many of them get into drugs, and have mental issues, and often spend a huge chunk of their time looking for a wealthy foreigner to marry and move abroad with. And once they hit middle age, their work and desirability drops significantly, some have to go back to a man and work in an office

Back