Australia's CHEAPEST three bedroom houses!!!

Heh. Yes, includes the building. The premises is a bit run down (my neighbour hit one of the verandah posts and it shattered) and its in SA (obviously) and it used to be trading quite well as a hardware store but it closed for whatever reason, you'd be pushing to find someone to take it on as a business unless you do some major asking around for a manager - but I dare say you could ebay off the entire lot of stock, clean the place up and rent it in the low $100s to some bogans, or clean it up and resell it for up to $100k (you can't get more than $100k). Factor ripping out the floors and replacing with concrete in your mental reno calculations btw, the floors were bad when the store was operational and they'd be worse now.

It used to be the original town bakery, still has all the wood ovens at the back apparently. Like my house, it would be an ideal touristy place for an OO-run business. Its on Google streetview (photo taken last year at the height of the drought), but the weird colourbond portico thing on the side is now at almost a 45 degree angle and has practically taken the gutter on the side of the place with it and the verandah above the missing post is dangerously saggy now.

For anyone, not just Nathan, here's a $20k hardware store full of nuts and bolts and nails and screws and stuff. Owner unknown but extremely easy to locate - just leave a note at the post office :)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...=g6kmo90oK8-usD8NP3WVnQ&cbp=12,281.36,,0,9.66

Oh and it might get a LOT more tourist traffic soon, they're busy refitting out the old garage just down from that old store, and the word on the street is they're putting a Nazi museum in it. So tourists will be flocking to the freaks in the ghost town with the insane museum just to point and laugh.

God I hope that is just a rumour, but in a small town, its probably true ...

Re: Nathan.
Like all things the longer you spend doing things, the better you get!
if a guy/gal spent 8<10 hours a day laying bricks , their rate would go up and laying 1000 a day becomes easier, as Nathan spends this time ,searching,networking and dealing with banks he too gets the best rates, and easily lays 1000 bricks a day, we all have the choice to do this , and some choose not to leave their comfort zones, Nathan has ! and this is why he can move so quickly, Well done mate ! you *******!!!!:D

It's at the end or start of the town by the looks. Whichever, it's a fair stroll to the bub ;)
Pub?

Believe it or not its slap bang in the MIDDLE of the town, and about 100m from the pub. That's the thing about ghost towns, houses go missing so the town stays as its former glory size but with one house every few dozen metres instead of adjacent.

We've had a few out of towners buy in lately and do Stuff, the pub went for about $140k (license + business + premises again) 2 years ago and went from a mouldy place that didn't sell food and kept running out of beer to a thumpin' joint that has several dozen utes parked outside it on Friday and Saturday nights and a full house on the days they serve dinner :D

Pub?

Believe it or not its slap bang in the MIDDLE of the town, and about 100m from the pub. That's the thing about ghost towns, houses go missing so the town stays as its former glory size but with one house every few dozen metres instead of adjacent.

We've had a few out of towners buy in lately and do Stuff, the pub went for about $140k (license + business + premises again) 2 years ago and went from a mouldy place that didn't sell food and kept running out of beer to a thumpin' joint that has several dozen utes parked outside it on Friday and Saturday nights and a full house on the days they serve dinner :D

The pub liscence would been a good buy ove it to a bigger town and sell it for big bickkies.

How many people in your town? It looks very cosy town...

The pub liscence would been a good buy ove it to a bigger town and sell it for big bickkies.

Not to mentioning the Gambling licence $$$$$$$ they get Megabucks in the big citys,
Just got to think out side the square sometimes.
Handy andy, i had to re-read the brick thing, a few times , funny:D

150 on last count, but with the FHOG and all the vacant houses that have suddenly sold and sprouted bogan families it would be a bit higher now.

I moved up in the world - my new town has about 2000 people. Teeming metropolis ;)

Only half got what you guys were saying before, are liquor and gaming licenses transferrable??? I would have thought they were were site/town specific???

Norseman would have to be the least desirable place in Australia to live, and it's a looong way from anything remotely resembling civilisation. I spent 7 days there for work, nearly 20 years ago. That's a week of my life I'll never get back. :D

LoL way way way way too small for my requirements...
Why do you think my house is only listed for $90k lol ... if it was in this town or further south it would be well over $200k and keep adding to that figure the souther you go. The location knocks a solid $100k off the price. I originally bought it for $25k back in 2003 but when I bought it it was totally gutted, didn't even have a hot water service let alone water piping and the roof leaked badly. You'd be looking at about $55-65k for the same house in the same condition today, there's a LOT of borderline livable fixer-uppers in that price range - I can PM you one that is much better located and would be a brilliant rental if you want Nathan, it would tick most of your boxes too.

Also I don't think that guy is going to sell his $20k place if he just advertises by 'word of mouth'.

Only half got what you guys were saying before, are liquor and gaming licenses transferrable??? I would have thought they were were site/town specific???

No they are not (transferable that is).

Liquor licenses are made in the name of a person but attached to a premises.
Unless the laws have changed recently.

Yeah, every house here that was for sale (except the two expensive ones) sold when the town made a full colour spread in the Sunday Mail a while back about being the cheapest town in SA. Amazing what some publicity can do.

You know, this happens in a lot of towns. A bit of publicity about a gas line, or coal, or a power station or WHATEVER, and kappow, all cheap houses are bought up straight away. Prices double quicksmart....

Actually this publicity was just publicity that it was cheap ... nothing else. A few years ago you could buy houses for $15k. They were crap, but they were $15k.

The've been 'going' to build a diamond mine here for years, I can't see it ever happening.

Back