Brisbane IP in 2014

Not saying your wrong because I don't know those areas but often suburbs without your big shopping centres are much quieter and more desirable

Is there any other reading ashgrove is better?

My take is that Ashgrove is the best of the three - but it is also more expensive.

I agree that it is better to be a little bit further away from the big shopping centres.

Clayfield over Lutwyche any day but avoid anything near Sandgate Road.

Herston / Kelvin Grove are not full of student rental at that sort of pricing.

Cheers

Richard

Clayfield over Lutwyche any day but avoid anything near Sandgate Road.

Herston / Kelvin Grove are not full of student rental at that sort of pricing.

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Richard
Good to know about Herston and Kelvin Grove we have an apartment in Melbourne that seems to have ended up being student accom due to close proximity to uni and standard of apartment. Really don't want to go down that path we also have higher turnover. I think the best thing would be to visit these areas a get a better idea.

What would be the more desirable/or in demand suburbs of North Brisbane for say couples late 20s early 30s/professionals? (Apartment/Unit)

What would be the more desirable/or in demand suburbs of North Brisbane for say couples late 20s early 30s/professionals? (Apartment/Unit)

Clayfield, Ascot, Hamilton, New Farm at least amongst my Brisbane friends.

I was in Clayfield just the other day visiting an old workfriend who lives in a gorgeous 2 bed unit in Oriel Rd amongst some beautiful houses. I would love to buy in that area but still a bit out of my price range.

Clayfield, Ascot, Hamilton, New Farm at least amongst my Brisbane friends.

I was in Clayfield just the other day visiting an old workfriend who lives in a gorgeous 2 bed unit in Oriel Rd amongst some beautiful houses. I would love to buy in that area but still a bit out of my price range.

For $350k?

I'm sure there's some......but surely not many in those suburbs.

No your're right not much available for sub $350,000 in those suburbs. I was only answering the question about what the desireable suburbs are for couples in late 20s early 30's, not the original question. Although....

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-qld-clayfield-115928055
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-qld-clayfield-115612767 OK, yes it's on Sandgate Rd, but so what?
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-qld-clayfield-115903159

You can still get a look in Clayfield, but don't think Ascot or Hamilton though. Maybe Nudgee?

Just looking at low price IP (house) in the Brisbane area. ATM I'm looking in the Redcliffe, Bald Hills, Woodridge or surrounding areas. Redcliffe because of the fairly low buy in price and the coming rail line. Neutrally to negatively geared (would rather positive) but the CG could potentially make up for it? Woodridge again low buy in price and I have notice there is quite a price jump into neighboring suburb of underwood. Just thinking about the ripple affect. Looks like there could be a chance of a positive geared property. Then bald hills, low buy in and access to the city via train line. However going off google maps there seems to be a fair bit of available land out that way. Maybe positively to neutrally geared. Just looking for opinions, thoughts and ideas on these areas? Would one area have more potential then the others?

I'd go Redcliffe over Woodridge any day. Woodridge has a bad baaaaad name, deserved or not, there is still a lot of stigma attached. Redcliffe, train line coming may lift the area

Also consider Deagon (inland from Sandgate which is very popular) and close to the beach at Brighton. and Zillmere a couple of suburbs back towards the city also on the train line.

I'd go Redcliffe over Woodridge any day. Woodridge has a bad baaaaad name, deserved or not, there is still a lot of stigma attached. Redcliffe, train line coming may lift the area

Woodridge already has a train line that goes to the city and change at Beenleigh for the Gold Coast. Very convenient. Plus heaps of bus stops and buses. There's also the markets near the train station on Sunday which sells cheap, fresh produce amongst other things. People from more upmarket burbs like Springwood, Underwood and Slacks Creek swing down here for the Sunday markets.
The rental yields I'm getting for Woodridge ain't bad
330K house - 450 rent pw
320K house - 590 rent pw

Woodridge's changed heaps now. Rentals are tight. Lots of demands from renters. I've got 5 applications to rent a house in 1 week :eek: Maybe I'll auction the rent price!

How did you guys buy a property in Brisbane from other state?Did you guys fly over?or do you use buyers agent?

I'm using a buyers agent for my first IP in Brisbane. Mainly because I can't afford too much time off to travel back and forth but also for their local knowledge.

I plan on providing an update on here as to whether or not I find the process worthwhile. So far it has proven valuable though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back