Can you find the man in the coffee beans?

This came to me via email today and I thought others would enjoy it. I put it up on another thread, but for those who don't see it there, I'm putting it here in its own thread.

It took me 1.47 minutes to find the man in the coffee beans. I clearly need some practice and more protein .

THE TRICK IS TO FIND THE MAN IN THE COFFEE BEANS: This is bizarre - after you find this chap - it's so obvious. Once you find him - it's embarrassing, and you think, "Why didn't I see him immediately?"

Doctors have concluded that if you find the man in the coffee beans in 3 seconds, the right half of your brain is better developed than most people. If you find the man between 3 seconds and 1 minute, the right half of the brain is developed normally. If you find the man between 1 minute and 3 minutes, then the right half of your brain is functioning slowly and you need to eat more protein. If you have not found the man after 3 minutes, the advice is to look for more of this type of exercise to make that part of the brain stronger! And yes, the man is really there!

After you find the man in the beans forward the e-mail to your brainy friends!

I thought I did it wrong :eek: = 2 seconds - then I read the rest of the post.

Interesting. I've seen the spinning girl one too:
2007b.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinning_Dancer

Doctors have concluded that if you find the man in the coffee beans in 3 seconds, the right half of your brain is better developed than most people. If you find the man between 3 seconds and 1 minute, the right half of the brain is developed normally. If you find the man between 1 minute and 3 minutes, then the right half of your brain is functioning slowly and you need to eat more protein. If you have not found the man after 3 minutes, the advice is to look for more of this type of exercise to make that part of the brain stronger! And yes, the man is really there!

After you find the man in the beans forward the e-mail to your brainy friends!

found him in less than 3 secs

But I've seen this before, many years ago :D

While this was fun (took me about 10 seconds for the record) I find the "information" accompanying it dubious at best.

I wouldn't have said anything, but now that questions are being asked of its implications, I must.

Where is the peer-reviewed study(s) supporting the time and brain hemisphere spiel?

While this was fun (took me about 10 seconds for the record) I find the "information" accompanying it dubious at best.

I wouldn't have said anything, but now that questions are being asked of its implications, I must.

Where is the peer-reviewed study(s) supporting the time and brain hemisphere spiel?

For many years - Left-side vs Right-side brain function has been considered the correct theory when working with brain functions, i.e., creativity for one side and practicality for the other side.

No formal proof has yet been found to support it...yet the phone apps and internet tests persist.

While this was fun (took me about 10 seconds for the record)
Same here.

I started off trying to do the thing with the hidden pictures because I thought it might have been a trick quiz, that didn't happen after a couple of seconds (I'm pretty good at those) and when my eyes refocused to normal, there he was down the bottom.

This is hard. That guy's head looks like a coffee bean!

LOL... that's funny :p

I reckon I didn't see him early because I was looking for a face made up of coffee beans (if that makes sense), making my eyes go fuzzy, squinting, like this quiz things from years ago where you had to unfocus your eyes and see something in dot pictures. I never saw anything, but I was trying to unfocus my eyes.

I wish I could try again knowing it was a tiny head to look for, but of course, I know where he is now...

If the instruction was "look for a man's head which is the same size as a coffee bean" I would have found it much sooner.

Maybe you're the creative type then Wylie, looking for a face made of coffee beans. I found him in 3 secs, but that was because I was an editor for years and my brain is trained to see things that are out of place ... ie look at the bigger picture, then zone in section by section and discard anything that looks right, looking for the anomaly. Great skill to have - wish it worked with finding good property to invest in.

The spinning girl I see both ways and I can't figure out how this can be.

Tim86 that link was absolutely fascinating. As an artist I have always believed the 'fallacy' of left brain/right brain but looking at the dancer now, I can see she is actually only turning left and right.

I reckon I didn't see him early because I was looking for a face made up of coffee beans (if that makes sense), making my eyes go fuzzy, squinting, like this quiz things from years ago where you had to unfocus your eyes and see something in dot pictures. I never saw anything, but I was trying to unfocus my eyes.

I wish I could try again knowing it was a tiny head to look for, but of course, I know where he is now...

If the instruction was "look for a man's head which is the same size as a coffee bean" I would have found it much sooner.

:D That's exactly what I did too and is, no doubt, the reason why I stared at it for over 5 minutes :eek:.

Was starting to wonder if I had a brain at all...

Back