carbon tax thread

Anyone else get the feeling we are slowing heading more and more toward communism under Labor and the Greens.

So now these authorities will have search warrant powers.
The Soviets and Chinese probably started as well with a "feel good" idiology about something.

Carbon cop handed tough new powers

i was just about to put this up after seeing on the Autralian front page when filling up the ute this morning.

what a serious omission of freedom and liberty - still, until our constitution is amended to include such items, the govt can do what they bloody well like.

I'm ashamed of our country and the greedy selfish people that this land is now inhabited by and I can't see myself returning to live there anytime soon if people care more about their bank accounts than they do for the environment. It's even more disturbing that people support Tony Abbot! ;) Fire away, I realize that I'm the only one game enough here to say what I think!

I'm ashamed of our country and the greedy selfish people that this land is now inhabited by and I can't see myself returning to live there anytime soon if people care more about their bank accounts than they do for the environment. It's even more disturbing that people support Tony Abbot! ;) Fire away, I realize that I'm the only one game enough here to say what I think!

I'm more concerned if our country is populated by greenies who never work and try to dictate how the economy functions

Just because people don't want a carbon tax doesn't mean people don't care about the environment. You have fallen into the stupid lefty trap akin to accusing people who want to restrict immigration of being racists and of calling people who don't believe in global warming as being deniers.

If the Greens had their way we (Australia) would be the 6th on this list

And we would be living here:-

cave_art_400_20090227113800.jpg

Just as GreenLabor want Australia to be the first to reduce carbon emissions, I think it only fair GreenLabor voters who "really really care about the environment" :rolleyes: be the first to step up to the plate and lower their personal carbon emissions.

How about GreenLabor voters commit to :
- never fly in planes again
- downsize their dwellings.
- get rid of their cars and do public transport and cycling.
- become vegetarian and eat a large % of raw food.
- get rid of all ornamental landscaping and replace it with permaculture.
- get rid of their electric and/or gas oven and use a microwave only.
- have showers limited to 3 minutes and 30C water temp.
- get rid of their electric HWS and get on demand gas hot water like Rinnai.
- get sterilized
- voluntarily euthanize when they are no longer economically productive, and give their super to clean energy research.

- get jobs in the private sector so the tax revenue saved on public service jobs can go towards clean energy research in universities.
- better still, become self employed in the private sector and create jobs for others so welfare fiscal drain is reduced, and there's more tax revenue collected for clean energy R&D.

But I know there's fat chance of this. They'll just keep driving around in their black Euro 3 tonne 4wd's, talking about their latest OS hol, and preaching from their well padded public sector provided chairs.

Why not euthanize them from birth as they will never be economically productive.

true. most of them are atheists so aren't living for any purpose greater than personal hedonic pleasure, so they shouldn't mind not having a life in the first place......and how much guilt and existential angst must they feel when they do have a life, and in the process screw up the planet for all the innocent "natural" flora and fauna that isn't unbalancing the world's climate? On that note, I better get out into my garden and plant a bit more greenery to offset GreenLabor voter carbon emissions.

Comments heard from the Greens HQ:

Greens Headquarters, Canberra, Sunday 7pm

BOB: Well, what an incredible victory. Couldn’t have gone better if we’d tried.

ADAM: Thanks Bob. I’d like to thank the people of Melbourne for voting for me, my parents for having me and last but not least myself for being me.

BOB: Er, Adam you were supposed to thank the people of Australia.

ADAM: F*** them. They voted for Abbott.

BOB: Shhh! What did we say about not mentioning that?

VOICE FROM THE BACK: Christine want beans.

BOB: Oh God, Milne’s off her medication again.

CHRISTINE: Tree good make happy cabbage.

BOB: Er, has anyone seen the Senator’s Correktall?

CHRISTINE: Eat beans give rainbow children.

BOB: Jesus. And it’s always just before she goes on Q & A. Where’s Senator Rhiannon?

LEE: That’s Comrade Rhiannon thank you.

BOB: Does your boss have any room left in the salt mines?

LEE: They’re not salt mines, they’re re-education camps.

CHRISTINE: Me like beans.

BOB: That’s it. Lee, call Moscow and ask if there’s a spot free. And remember, his title is “Mr President” not “Uncle Stalin”.

ADAM: I’m the Bandtman.

BOB: Actually, ask him about two spots.

Just as GreenLabor want Australia to be the first to reduce carbon emissions, I think it only fair GreenLabor voters who "really really care about the environment" :rolleyes: be the first to step up to the plate and lower their personal carbon emissions.

How about GreenLabor voters commit to :
- get sterilized
- voluntarily euthanize when they are no longer economically productive, and give their super to clean energy research.

- get jobs in the private sector so the tax revenue saved on public service jobs can go towards clean energy research in universities.
- better still, become self employed in the private sector and create jobs for others so welfare fiscal drain is reduced, and there's more tax revenue collected for clean energy R&D.

But I know there's fat chance of this. They'll just keep driving around in their black Euro 3 tonne 4wd's, talking about their latest OS hol, and preaching from their well padded public sector provided chairs.

...why you forgot about our latte supping??

You are a ringer for Winnie Wolfe. Maybe little brother?

I live in a 'green' electorate. Plenty of people around me do much of this:

Many of them live in modest houses that they have made as energy efficient as possible. They would shop often so they don't waste food. And they would walk to the shops. Most are single car families and make use of public transport, bicycles, and car share schemes like Go Get. Gardens tend to be productive, or planted with natives. All are gainfully employed. Labelling people like this as extremists is lame.

I just wished they taxed mindless, fear based whinging. This thread would supply half Australia's internal revenue. Does it ever stop?

I just love Gillards response to about the Carbon cops.

Tony Abbott says 'draconian' carbon cop force will chase 'invisible' substance

Prime Minister Julia Gillard said Mr Abbott’s criticisms of the new powers were "remarkable" given they were there to protect taxpayers' money.

"Today he’s apparently endorsing rip-offs," Ms Gillard said.

Under the draft legislation, attempts to subvert the scheme would be punishable by 10-year jail terms and fines of up to $1.1 million.

Um, Schools halls rip-offs, Pink Batts. 10's of billions wasted, and now she says that these Carbon cops are really there to "protect taxpayer's money".

Back