Closed Threads

What is a valid reason for closing or deleting a thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to admit after the last few of my posts have been deleted Im beginning to feel a bit more reluctant to post replies or start threads. Which is dissapointing...

RJ

rj - if you keep your threads and posts in the spirit of the "property investing" forum, you shouldn't have any problems. i never had anything deleted, so must be doing something right.

perhaps you might want to ask a moderator for guidelines or reason why your posts/threads were deleted, so you have some understanding as to what is acceptable and what is not.

Perhaps a different section for paid advertising within the forum might help? I set up a "pay per new thread" option on my vbulletin forum. Its not that hard and the money could be used to service hosting costs.

Just a thought - I wouldnt mind promoting my businesses in there.

RJ

Perhaps a different section for paid advertising within the forum might help? I set up a "pay per new thread" option on my vbulletin forum. Its not that hard and the money could be used to service hosting costs.

I don't know if the mods or admin would approve, but I think that's would be great for someone like you, who has a lot of non-property related business interests. I'm not a web/internet guru either, so don't know how hard this would be to maintain. Of course, then you may get all sorts of stuff on there that we really don't want either, so I suppose you would have to weigh up the good with the bad.

ramone_johnny said:

Just a thought - I wouldnt mind promoting my businesses in there.

RJ
One of the main bonuses of Somersoft is the absence of paid advertising. We are very fortunate that Jan and Ian totally supports the forum at their own cost. Once money becomes involved the whole focus of the forum changes and we would lose what we now have. I would personally hate to see that happen.

I’d like to refer you to http://www.somersoft.com.au/forum.htm
forum policy said:
In fact, the forum is not meant to be a place for classified advertisements. However, there may not always be a clear line between sharing information on investment opportunities and using the forum as a place to simply market products and services. If you think that your post might be interpreted as spam, don’t post it. Furthermore, self-promotion should be by way of deeds not ads. We recommend forum members make their own assessment of what industry professionals have to offer based on the utility of their contributions to the forum.

It states very clearly the views of the owners. This forum is a generous gift from them……lets not tarnish it.

Ruby

Thanks Ruby for clarifying. I know I may have been walking a thin line lately with all my online ventures - but in all sincerity, I only mean good.

Will be a bit more mindful in future and ask a mod if I am unsure. :)

RJ

I was partly to blame early in the year for a thread being closed (I was new to the forum then).It was a thread in Coffee Lounge so I thught we were allowed to speak our mind.

I have since then had to "bite my tongue" a few times.

I quite enjoy bantering back and forth. I figured if people didn't like reading
it, they could "change the channel" so to speak.

Back