Coles - Friday - Proceeds to Bushfire Appeal

Got an email from a co-worker that said

Shop at Coles this friday if you can. All of the profits are donated to the Bushfire Appeal

:)

Woolies should do this too. On Saturday would be even better!

http://www.ausfoodnews.com.au/2009/...re-appeal-food-businesses-raise-millions.html

Coles to donate Friday’s profits to bushfire appeal, food businesses raise millions

* February 10, 2009
* Daniel Palmer

Coles will donate this Friday’s (13 Feb) profits from its 750 stores nationally to the Government’s Bushfire Appeal Fund in partnership with the Red Cross, as Australian companies continue to offer support to those affected by the tragedy.

and their not the only ones

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25030445-662,00.html

Dave

good idea, although I didn't think Coles were making any profits these days :rolleyes::rolleyes:

They are really just copying what Woolies have done for the farmers for the last couple of years and are doing again in a couple of weeks.

I guess as long as they end up making a largish donation in the end it is all good.

Safeway (Worlworths) will also donate all their profits made on Friday 20th of February... Good to see them also jumping on board...

So we shop @ Coles this Friday then Safeway/Wolworths next Friday... Interesting to compare their profits :)

Cheers,

Manny.

Is there a NEW Coles with Wesfarmers?

Without fanfare Coles chartered aircraft (large jets) to fly groceries into flood-bound towns in NQ and put them on the shelf at normal prices. The cost will be borne by the chain as a whole.

I was impressed.

Hi Ian, surely it will be announced Coles donated $XXX & Safeway $XXX I doubt they will keep it a secret?? Its publicity for them...

Cheers,

Manny.

Hi Sunfish,

Coles is still the same, nothing has really changed since Wesfarmers took over "ownership". Eventually Wesfarmers may decide to look at ways to improve the business, possibly sell off Target? or even Kmart? but time will tell... (As Myer was sold off by ColesMyer prior to the Wesfarmers takeover)

Cheers,

Manny.

Is there a NEW Coles with Wesfarmers?

Without fanfare Coles chartered aircraft (large jets) to fly groceries into flood-bound towns in NQ and put them on the shelf at normal prices. The cost will be borne by the chain as a whole.

I was impressed.

Hi Minx,

thanx for the clarification, just saw it on Tellie the other night & assumed they just copied Coles :)

Cheers,

Manny.

I didnt think Coles made much profit either so I checked and found this for 2007/08:
A PROFIT forecast of $1.07 billion in 2007-08

So, assuming an even spread across the days (although Thursday/Saturday would be their busiest) - this would amount to um, how many zeros in a billion?:eek:

Back