Cook Islands - Honeymoon?

Hey Everyone..

I am planning our Honeymoon for November and we have chosen the Cook Islands for our getaway, the place looks amazing and I am really looking forward to going there. But I am stuck on trying to find out where to stay.. there are so many nice places!

Have any of you been there? Can you recommend anywhere to stay? What is the best side of the island to be on?

Also, if you got any pics you want to share of your time there, would love to see them!

hi there,

I have been to Rarotonga, Aitutaki and Samoa.

All were just beautiful. I would say that Samoa is less touristy andyou will also find quite a few hotels have a policy of NO CHILDREN!

We actually stayed here in Samoa. It is the only 5 star, but at 3 star costs at the time. (3 years ago)
http://www.aggiegreys.com/resort/resort.htm

Just beautiful. I've been to Fiji also and it leaves Fiji for dead!

If you are looking for something more touristy, shopping, lots of peole and split second service...don't go to the Cook ISlands.

If you want to forget about the buzz and fast pace of life and pretend you are on an island all by yourselves....go to Samoa.

Don't be afraid to make friends with the bar and wait staff. The guys with tattoos all over them are most often Local Chiefs.

I had the pleasure of spending my honeymoon on Rarotonga. You can fly to Aitutaki from Rarotonga but you will find these islands are a little more touristy now.

I hope this helps.

Regards JO

jo is spot on.

i haven't been to rarotonga - but it is very very high on my "to do" list. my parents used to go there every year and loved it - nothing to do but step out of your bungalow right onto the sand, lie on the beach and have your drinks bought to you, go for a wander thru the lush forests and generally chill out.

my ex-bro in law had his honeymoon there. they hired a 4wd and drove up the mountain ranges, went cave diving (as in hold you breath, duck under the rock shelf and come up in a cave) and raved about it.

silly really - i'm recommending it to everyone but never been myself! must amend that.

Back