Could you live in a micro apartment measuring just 8.3 square metres?

Why not? My grandmother grew up in a 3-4sqm room and last year when I went to HK the place my friend stayed was probably 5-6sqm, incl the toilet/shower, oh and no window in the whole 'apartment'. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to work out how it would be arranged though with bed/toiler/shower in 6sqm.

He seemed to do fine.

lol looks about the size of a place my other and I shared in Kings Cross for awhile before finding a more permanent (slightly larger) studio, and the rent there was $120 a week...each :eek:

Why not? My grandmother grew up in a 3-4sqm room and last year when I went to HK the place my friend stayed was probably 5-6sqm, incl the toilet/shower, oh and no window in the whole 'apartment'. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to work out how it would be arranged though with bed/toiler/shower in 6sqm.

He seemed to do fine.

You shower over the toilet.

Haha yea, least you're not showering in the toilet.

So it's like a rectangulr one room, with a small wet room bathrom about 1 sqm.. 5sqm 2.5 x 2 for a bEd and table. If you have 2 sets of clothes (wear one set, and keep the other one under your bed, 1 set of linen and no cooking stuff/food/drink and you can probably fit a chair and tv in there as well. luxury.

I can't see the problem:D

Seriously though, those Hong Kong photos shocked me. Reading the comments is interesting, especially people comparing it with US soliders liing in braacks as the same or even more difficult

You're and interesting individual, Deltaberry. Twisted, but interesting. You're simultaneously accepting of both $12 000 handbags for students without the sense to realise how ridiculous they are, and people living in cages as economic slaves.

Now excuse me whilst I update my list of places not to go:

Hell
Michael Jacksons Ranch at age 11
Auswicz circa '41
Whoopie Goldburgs' bedroom
Stalingrad
Hong Kong
Your house

You're and interesting individual, Deltaberry. Twisted, but interesting. You're simultaneously accepting of both $12 000 handbags for students without the sense to realise how ridiculous they are, and people living in cages as economic slaves.

Now excuse me whilst I update my list of places not to go:

Hell
Michael Jacksons Ranch at age 11
Auswicz circa '41
Whoopie Goldburgs' bedroom
Stalingrad
Hong Kong
Your house

Who cares if people purchase $12,000 handbags? I certainly wouldn't at this stage but maybe if I was earning $10m a year I would?

The fact that you get so worked up about it just demonstrates jealousy and inability to comprehend how someone could have so much money to just buy a $12k bag without even thinking twice.

And who cares what billionaires like Warren Buffett/Bill Gates etc do with their money? They don't try to tell others how to spend their money and I don't think you have any right to either.

I've lived in a student accomodation place that was 3m x 4m for 3 years, the place had a bench for a kitchen and bathroom that was 2m by 2m. I shared this with another girl. We pulled the bed out each night and pushed it back in the morning. Once the bed was out, we had 20cm walking space...we stilled called it our home...don't know if I'd be able to do it again :confused: Guess so...if I didn't have a choice...it was still shelter!

Back