Could you live in a micro apartment measuring just 8.3 square metres?

I've just built on a 25 sm fifth bedroom.

Somehow I feel so... so ... wasteful?

We've just had an Architect/Builder out - we're making our 3rd living area larger... technically a 4th living area if you call a large eat in kitchen a living area :eek:.

Who cares if people purchase $12,000 handbags? I certainly wouldn't at this stage but maybe if I was earning $10m a year I would?

The fact that you get so worked up about it just demonstrates jealousy and inability to comprehend how someone could have so much money to just buy a $12k bag without even thinking twice.

And who cares what billionaires like Warren Buffett/Bill Gates etc do with their money? They don't try to tell others how to spend their money and I don't think you have any right to either.

Worked up? Me? lol no not really. As I said, I'm an animated guy, this is how I talk. Nothing wrong with being a little interestin'

Worked up? Me? lol no not really. As I said, I'm an animated guy, this is how I talk. Nothing wrong with being a little interestin'

Can you please tone down the angry sarcastic toned insults towrds people then ? they come across as worked up and offensive to the person your'e talking to and not much better to the rest of us who have to read them.

Last edited:
You're and interesting individual, Deltaberry. Twisted, but interesting. You're simultaneously accepting of both $12 000 handbags for students without the sense to realise how ridiculous they are, and people living in cages as economic slaves.

Now excuse me whilst I update my list of places not to go:

Hell
Michael Jacksons Ranch at age 11
Auswicz circa '41
Whoopie Goldburgs' bedroom
Stalingrad
Hong Kong
Your house

Why is that interesting? I simply believe in and accept western rich/poor divide and capitalism - oh, I meant democracy

To be honest though, calling them slaves is pretty naive. Just because their concept of minimum standards is different to yours, you feel that their system is wrong/inhumane. Let me teach you a few things:

a) cages are more common than you think in HK;
b) many people who live there are honest, hard-working people in normal - though hard - jobs making a living
c) lastly you really need to go to HK, it's the financial capital of Asia-Pacific (in case you thought Sydney was lol)
d) likewise with my house

Personally, I could't live in such a small place. We've just started renovating a 7 bedroom house in outer Melbourne, that suit me to a tee:)

Can you please tone down the angry sarcastic toned insults towrds people then ? they come across as worked up and offensive to the person your'e talking to and not much better to the rest of us who have to read them.

thinking about it, but...yeah nah. I'll say what I think. you don't like it? Don't read it.

Why is that interesting? I simply believe in and accept western rich/poor divide and capitalism - oh, I meant democracy

To be honest though, calling them slaves is pretty naive. Just because their concept of minimum standards is different to yours, you feel that their system is wrong/inhumane. Let me teach you a few things:

a) cages are more common than you think in HK;
b) many people who live there are honest, hard-working people in normal - though hard - jobs making a living
c) lastly you really need to go to HK, it's the financial capital of Asia-Pacific (in case you thought Sydney was lol)
d) likewise with my house
Thank you for writing such a long post. I didn't read it. Too long.

You're and interesting individual, Deltaberry. Twisted, but interesting. You're simultaneously accepting of both $12 000 handbags for students without the sense to realise how ridiculous they are, and people living in cages as economic slaves.

Now excuse me whilst I update my list of places not to go:

Hell
Michael Jacksons Ranch at age 11
Auswicz circa '41
Whoopie Goldburgs' bedroom
Stalingrad
Hong Kong
Your house

Don't know about the rest but Hong Kong beats Darwin hands down for sure. As for delta's house - pretty sure it would be worth more than yours.

From your comments - you haven't really seen real wealth - some students carry AUD10K cash in their pocket in melbourne and it is considered normal. i am only speaking from my experiences. And if you knew that people who had 9 figures - you would know that there are some that are down to earth who won't spend a dime and there are some that would splash out heaps on their lifestyle. No one can dictate how anyone spends their own money - otherwise it'll be like the taliban in afghanistan.

there is also a wider world outside australia and that's globalization for you.

Last edited:
She is very neat, like her organisational skills.

Not sure I agree..... looked "cluttered". Too much "stuff" (yup, bit like my room... :( :p )

My first thoughts looking at that clip of course (being born in Japan) is "Why have a bed???" :confused: - The Japanese utilise the same floorspace with a futon (not that westernized stuff - the real deal) which can be folded away into a corner.

There is a lot of ceiling height - I think could be better utlised too.

The Y-man

Don't know about the rest but Hong Kong beats Darwin hands down for sure. As for delta's house - pretty sure it would be worth more than yours.

From your comments - you haven't really seen real wealth - some students carry AUD10K cash in their pocket in melbourne and it is considered normal. i am only speaking from my experiences. And if you knew that people who had 9 figures - you would know that there are some that are down to earth who won't spend a dime and there are some that would splash out heaps on their lifestyle. No one can dictate how anyone spends their own money - otherwise it'll be like the taliban in afghanistan.

there is also a wider world outside australia and that's globalization for you.
Me personally? I've certainly seen it, but havn't had it in my hot little hands. Your comparison of Darwin and Hong Kong depends on perspective - clearly, I'd rather be poor in Darwin in some housing commission place than poor in Hong Kong living in a cage.

Also I didn't dictate anything to anyone - I just shared how I view the thing.

Me personally? I've certainly seen it, but havn't had it in my hot little hands. Your comparison of Darwin and Hong Kong depends on perspective - clearly, I'd rather be poor in Darwin in some housing commission place than poor in Hong Kong living in a cage.

yes i agree - darwin housing commission flats would beat hong kong cager is - but in comparing hong kong and darwin in general- i won't want to comment which is more advanced or has higher property values.

Your view of things is specific to certain segments only just like how some people view cars of choice.

Not sure I agree..... looked "cluttered". Too much "stuff" (yup, bit like my room... :( :p )

My first thoughts looking at that clip of course (being born in Japan) is "Why have a bed???" :confused: - The Japanese utilise the same floorspace with a futon (not that westernized stuff - the real deal) which can be folded away into a corner.

Or if you're too lazy to roll something out, why not a bed that folds back into the wall when not in use. In 3 sections, so unfolding 2 would seat 2.

Meanwhile there could be overhead storage units. With a winch and wall-mounted tracks these could be wound down when the bed is retracted and up when the bed or seats are used. Again there would be three. Each would have flat tops. Winding down the middle only would form a table for 2 people or a laptop desk for 1 (though ideally computing and TV would be a wireless keyboard and wall-mounted flat screen).

If you asked the average person in the world, they'd tell you where HK is on the map. Try Darwin.

Back