Credit card

Hi all, received letter from ANZ today stating that my Qantas Frequent Flyer Credit cards will now be capped for earning points.

Max of 3000 points for Visa and 3000 points for Amex each month.

Has anyone researched best Credit Card to earn points with Qantas ?

If you aren't looking for insurances etc, i reckon the woolies EDR platinum is the way to go. 1 point per dollar with a mastercard is pretty hard to find. The best part, low annual fee that they will waive as soon as you threaten to cancel.

To note, i would only suggest this card for the average spender. If you put a lot through your cards, the amex/visa or mastercard options with higher fee's may serve you better.

If you aren't looking for insurances etc, i reckon the woolies EDR platinum is the way to go. 1 point per dollar with a mastercard is pretty hard to find. The best part, low annual fee that they will waive as soon as you threaten to cancel.

To note, i would only suggest this card for the average spender. If you put a lot through your cards, the amex/visa or mastercard options with higher fee's may serve you better.

whats teh annual fee and what ratio of $ per qantas point?

I'm following this thread too. I have a reasonable limit on my ANZ card and filter pretty much all of my expenses through it for the offset benefits and the points.

What's the difference between Visa and Mastercard?

Annual fee i believe is $89, but as i said they will waive. I have had it for a few years, only paid the first year.

Yes its woolworths, yes the service is far from great....but i don't pay a cent and keep the points ticking over.

If i was looking for a card now though i would take the citibank offer poster before. If you aren't too committed to Qantas points, you can just bank the citibank points and convert them when needed to other frequent flyer programs....

actually qantas is the best points systems atm as it is integrated into Oneworld alliance.

you can use qantas to book cathay pacific to hong kong, emirates to dubai etc. and the points required is less than what you would use on the airlines loyalty program itself.

Hi all, received letter from ANZ today stating that my Qantas Frequent Flyer Credit cards will now be capped for earning points.

Pricks. I have one of these and have picked up about 60000 FF points over the past 12 months.

Might be time to leave ANZ. This card is all I have left with them anyway, and the FF points linkage is the only reason we keep it.

actually qantas is the best points systems atm as it is integrated into Oneworld alliance.

you can use qantas to book cathay pacific to hong kong, emirates to dubai etc. and the points required is less than what you would use on the airlines loyalty program itself.

But you're not guaranteed a spot
I can upgrade from econ to biz to Europe but am afraid of booking then turning up and finding there's no more spots left so have to fly economy for the 30 hours
no thanks

This is probably to pay for all the people signing up for 50,000 free QFF points...

Doesn't bother me as I don't think their QFF cards are that great. I prefer the ANZ rewards card - lets you convert points directly into cashback at a very favourable rate. Essentially you get a 0.75% on all purchases paid by Visa and 1.5% discount on all purchases paid by AMEX.

Pretty good if you ask me.

But you're not guaranteed a spot
I can upgrade from econ to biz to Europe but am afraid of booking then turning up and finding there's no more spots left so have to fly economy for the 30 hours
no thanks

for upgrades yes there is a risk - for straight up points without upgrade it is guaranteed flight.

This is probably to pay for all the people signing up for 50,000 free QFF points...

Doesn't bother me as I don't think their QFF cards are that great. I prefer the ANZ rewards card - lets you convert points directly into cashback at a very favourable rate. Essentially you get a 0.75% on all purchases paid by Visa and 1.5% discount on all purchases paid by AMEX.

Pretty good if you ask me.

www.pointshack.com.au

there are actually dedicated forums and people who specialize in strategies to do this.

outright not upgrade

from what i saw in the online system - as long as the flight in the system is there you can also upgrade (guaranteed) but yes there is a risk as assuming you booked economy, you saw the flights available for upgrade was there but by the time you did you economy bookings - the business upgrade flights were all gone or booked by someone else.

Back