Dazz's Lap Deal

I can understand that. This whole issue of discussing investment and business on a googled public forum is very sticky.

I wonder sometimes if Somersoft needs a password protected private forum area, open only to members whose identity has been confirmed in real life.

This would allow the discussion of commercially sensitive information.
Nice concept WW but sadly in reality, it wouldn't hold up. Such exclusivity can kill off a public forum. For a private forum to work it either has to be private exclusively from the onset, or not at all, thus being open to all (public). If you want to discuss something in private, and in confidence, in here at least, you have two choices:

1. Either log into the chatroom, and set up a private chat with invited / selected participants.

2. Enter into PM exchange between multiple users (awkward but possible).

Both options aren't necessarily the most effective, but alas, are private, and safeguard privacy thus minimise the possibility of public criticism from anyone with opposing views.

Failing that, one's best bet is to be selective in what they post, but more importantly, accept and be aware that some are "factual" (numbers) people and others are "generalists". Nonetheless, no matter what one's style of writing, a good practice to adopt when trying to impart wealth knowledge and which is generally received well by all, is to remember that egotism is confronting and as such is best left outside the public playground. ;)

Cheers Horizon - can't believe it's been 6 months since our meeting and chat.

Not planning on blogging Blue Card. Am planning on spending more time getting my fitness levels back up to where they should be in the coming months.

Not quite CFP, if we don't follow thru with the deal, the boss will be in the manure a little, but by then....he won't be my boss, so that's OK.

Thanks LynnH. You and pilot hubby should give it a whirl in the different pond. The barracuda's in here don't bite too much. :)

Have a good night guys.....:D

Failing that, one's best bet is to be selective in what they post, but more importantly, accept and be aware that some are "factual" (numbers) people and others are "generalists". Nonetheless, no matter what one's style of writing, a good practice to adopt when trying to impart wealth knowledge and which is generally received well by all, is to remember that egotism is confronting and as such is best left outside the public playground. ;)

Hear Hear

Cheers

Shane

Monopoly:
Failing that, one's best bet is to be selective in what they post, but more importantly, accept and be aware that some are "factual" (numbers) people and others are "generalists". Nonetheless, no matter what one's style of writing, a good practice to adopt when trying to impart wealth knowledge and which is generally received well by all, is to remember that egotism is confronting and as such is best left outside the public playground.

As always Jo, learning still! from you, self awareness and how we conduct ourselves, how we relate to others, how we react to people...it's all interesting-always interesting. Thanks mate.

Thinking, or more precisely identification with thinking, gives rise to and maintains the ego, which, in our Western society in particular, is out of control. It believes it is real and tries hard to maintain its supremacy. Negative states of mind, such as anger, resentment, fear, envy, and jealousy, are products of the ego.

(Eckhart Tolle)

I wonder sometimes if Somersoft needs a password protected private forum area, open only to members whose identity has been confirmed in real life.

This would allow the discussion of commercially sensitive information.

Actually, I think it would have the reverse effect! Sometimes it is nice to 'unburden' to "strangers"! And how would the 'real life' thing work anyway!

Did I miss something???

Oh pooh, I must've missed that pearler from my ol' mate Razzle Dazzle. Must have been an afterthought as it certainly wasn't there when I checked in earlier today. :eek:

Anyhoo....

Deals come along all the time; sometimes we sees (seize) them, sometimes we don't!!! ;) Ultimately, tis not the nature of the deal that makes it so awe-inspiring (although that certainly does help to put a shine on it) it's the foresight we use to optimise these deals, that really makes them so special, and really demonstrates or rather separates the pros from the amateurs.

I can honestly say, I've never had a deal fall into my lap; well if one did, I'm guessing I was too blind to see it. I've had to work hard to close EVERY deal I've ever made, and for that reason, I've learnt to appreciate each and every one of them with even more vigour than if they had JUST FALLEN into my lap.

Guess some people are just born lucky; sadly I certainly wasn't one of em'!!! :eek:

I can honestly say, I've never had a deal fall into my lap; well if one did, I'm guessing I was too blind to see it. I've had to work hard to close EVERY deal I've ever made, and for that reason, I've learnt to appreciate each and every one of them with even more vigour than if they had JUST FALLEN into my lap.
It's probably part of the reason that you are the person that you are...and that's a good thing.

Regards
Marty

Back