Disgusting hairdressing service

I think a little harsh, I know many people myself included who have worked out of a salon and said nothing because once the deed is done its almost impossible to reverse.Yes, I answered this here: "What's done is done. Monetary compensation is not going to bring back her hair. Best to focus on a solution, rather than dwell on the problem.
"

If I was in the same scenario as invstor I would request a refund.

Got nothing to do with deceit, totally irrelevant.

The hairdressing salon was paid to provide a service, however they did not meet their obligations.They were not provided with a chance to rectify once INVSTOR went to a 3rd party to try to fix, wether it be a re-cut or refund.

This is like coming home from Woolworths after a long shopping trip and you discover the nice cold bottle of Coke you bought had already been cracked open a little. You don't then proceed to drink half the Coke because you are thirsty and then fill it back up with cold tea so you can return it to the store for a refund because it was open. You don't do that, because that's absurd!

pinkboy

What's the difference between a bad haircut and a good hair cut? Answ: about 2 weeks.

On that note I might go and get some KFC !

Nice try Datto! Even the cricket has been evil to me - every available advertising space seems to be filled with KFC signs!

On that note, back to my (drab) salad!

pinkboy

What's the difference between a bad haircut and a good hair cut? Answ: about 2 weeks.

Timeless Classic! My dear old Dad,God rest his soul,was the mens barber in our family.This was his favorite saying after cutting our hair. :)

Last edited:
This is like coming home from Woolworths after a long shopping trip and you discover the nice cold bottle of Coke you bought had already been cracked open a little. You don't then proceed to drink half the Coke because you are thirsty and then fill it back up with cold tea so you can return it to the store for a refund because it was open. You don't do that, because that's absurd!

pinkboy

Thanks for the lesson:rolleyes:

Invstor has a right to seek compensation regardless and that is what I would do. I think we will need to agree to disagree

Deceit MTR. If INVSTOR involved a 3rd party of any kind, the original hairdresser has the right to know to determine a refund. Otherwise they haven't been given the chance to first rectify. As I said earlier, they should have gone to the original hairdresser first, and demanded a refund and declining a re-cut to use the funds to rectify at another hairdresser. Not the @r$e about way presented here.

There are many questions still to be answered..................

Why would you even walk out of the salon if you were not happy with it?

Did the hairdresser not ask 'How is this length?', 'Are you happy with that?' etc and you have a look in the mirror and check it out?

INVSTOR, were you there when Daughters hair was cut watching?

pinkboy
I spoke to the hairdresser about what we wanted. She repeated and we agreed it was a trim of her layers, about an inch or two off to make it look healthy. I waited in waiting room and took a few looks during haircut - thinking she was at the age that I should give her more independence than looking over her shoulder. It was crowded also.
I was taking her out shopping for the day, spoiling her and being positive about new beginnings. So.... When the opposite occurred- and she walked to the counter and her hair looked worse than when we walked in I wasn't prepared to make a scene, saying she looked terrible in front of people.
She has naturally wavy hair, thick and lots of it. It can vary from straight to curly. She had put some product in making it appear somewhere between frizzy and straight. It didn't appear like a hairstyle. I thought when I straightened it we would see the cut the hairdresser was trying to achieve. But that was when I discovered she hacked chunks out. The 2nd hairdresser described them as , 'holes'. I'm not a hair expert by any means, but it took the second hairdresser 40 mins to work it out and find solutions to try to cover up the chunks. I've never seen anything like it! 2nd hairdresser also has never seen anything like it! She's had to have about 30cm's off to try to cover it up. It is wrong! This person should not be cutting hair, the salon should not be charging people for it! Or upsetting people so much.

Last edited:
I had an awful hair cut just two weeks ago. My hair dresser was unwell, and called in sick.

Needed a hair cut badly as I was starting a new job (last week!) - ended up getting my hairdresser's daughter to give me the worst hair cut I have had in years - I just accepted as IS rather than asking her to 'fix' it further.

The hair dresser who cut my hair has 7 years experience, and is the salon manager. She did an awful job :(

I had an awful hair cut just two weeks ago. My hair dresser was unwell, and called in sick.

Needed a hair cut badly as I was starting a new job (last week!) - ended up getting my hairdresser's daughter to give me the worst hair cut I have had in years - I just accepted as IS rather than asking her to 'fix' it further.

The hair dresser who cut my hair has 7 years experience, and is the salon manager. She did an awful job :(

Yes, it's not like you can ask them to undo what they've just cut off! What's two weeks for a boy is two years for a girl.

I wish I read the internet store reviews before going! The joys of moving around! I will add a review!

This is a pic from a few months ago, now her hair is up to her armpits though, so she's not happy!

She is a lovely looking young girl. I cannot imagine her having any issues with self-esteem :eek:.

But you know what... your comment that her hair is up to her armpits makes me think she might look even lovelier than in that photo. "Everybody" seems to have long hair like in that photo, and a shorter style or even shorter again into a bob would mean she looks different to "everybody".

She could wear any style and look gorgeous.

A girl we know had very similar hair, same style and had it cut to just below shoulder length. Suddenly, she didn't look like every other young girl with the regulation long hair (always straightened too - bring back the curl, or even a slight wave!). It looked great, more grown up, more stylish, more like "not just every other schoolgirl".

I tried to cut my son's hair once with some electric clippers.

He was about 5 years old, and kept moving, so it ended up a stuff-up.

Solution- shaved it back to a number 2 - I did mine as well so he didn't feel too bad about his, and that was that.

A couple of bone-heads for a few weeks, to be sure.

A few weeks later we both looked ok again.

Moving on...

Last edited:
I went to a cheap barber and look how he cut my hair! sexy don't you reckon?
how anyone reckons a Mohawk looks any good is beyond me.

As long as you like it though.

I guess to finish off the look; the discerning folk add copious amounts of ink?

Back to the girl's haircut - I can't ever remember having a haircut where the hairdresser didn't ask me what I thought as they ran the mirror around my head so I could see what it looked like...

Surely they did this with the girl?

This would have shown the issues while she was still in the chair, surely?

how anyone reckons a Mohawk looks any good is beyond me.

As long as you like it though.

I guess to finish off the look the discerning folk add copious amounts of ink?

Anything to grab attention. You're a business man, you must know its all about getting attention.

Forget the ink, thats for woosies!

Real men get piercings!

;)

pinkboy
Real men get nothing; they don't need to garnish the appearance to look tough, or hip.

Those that do...I feel sorry for them as there are issues with self-esteem no doubt.

It amazes me that; in sports such as AFL, NRL and UFC where the blokes are all tough, alpha males with loads of confidence you would think; they need to feel the need to get ink done and wear silly hairdo's etc.

Oh well.

When i moved and needed to find a new hair dresser, I went through about 7. Some i paid over $30 for and was an inch difference wetween both sides. But guess be a male i just leave it a couple of weeks and then get it done again.

My wife would kill someone if they did it to her hair.

My wife cuts my hair. If I complain, I will get stabbed in the head with a pair of scissors or have my ear cut off.....

The Y-man

p.s. she does a great job BTW....

Real men get nothing; they don't need to garnish the appearance to look tough, or hip.

Those that do...I feel sorry for them as there are issues with self-esteem no doubt.

It amazes me that; in sports such as AFL, NRL and UFC where the blokes are all tough, alpha males with loads of confidence you would think; they need to feel the need to get ink done and wear silly hairdo's etc.

Oh well.

I have 9 piercings. I dont do it to look tough......

......I do it because I love the pain! :eek:

pinkboy :cool:

Back