Do you believe in doubles , even seem a double?

I thought I'd bring this up after mentioning it in the age thread because it's a pretty amazing occurrence. Personally I do believe we all have a double and although quite a few times I've seen almost identical about to someone I know , there's also these two below.

My wife and daughter came racing up to say hello at the market one day after spotting me , accept it wasn't me .
I was 30k away . It freaked them out so much that she rang me straight away to see if I answered .
She said even when this guy turned around and excused himself for not knowing who they were and being face to face , they still weren't sure. Both wifey and daughter were quite spooked by it actually .

But I've also had one myself . Once years ago up in Noosa , we pulled in to ask about some accommodation . And a my brothers double answered the door .
But the really freaky part was , I said to him, Jesus Pete what are you doing here. This guy stepped back and looked a bit shaken and then said , how did you know my name ?
By then I've realized , of course this can't be Pete , his in Melbourne and this was just some bizarre act of nature at the other end of the country and , his name was also Pete.
I'm jaw dropped , aahh - crikey . So I explained. I really could not tell the difference .

He was truly shaken by it though we could tell and although we stayed there 3 days, he didn't come near me again . I'm sure he must have watched me drive out last day through the curtains .

Had any experiences ?

Cheers

My niece has a double at the local cafe shop,I have to refrain myself from calling her by my nieces name.
I am taking a photo of my niece to show her,it is truly amazing :D

I have seen my husbands double. We were walking through a shopping centreholding hands and this couple were walking towards us holding hands. I am staring at her husband and she is staring at mine it was unbelievable how alike they looked! the 2 hubbys were oblivious though.
I found my double in some old family photos of a great, great aunt. and my sister in a different great aunt. My sisters one we have a photo of that aunt that looks like those ones where you dress up in olden day clothes - everyone who sees it thinks my sister posed for it!

I have a European work colleague who is a dead ringer for my brother..... just a younger version of him! The really freaky thing is that they have similar mannerisms as well. Its very bizarre!
I have a photo of the European man when he had his first child, and a photo of my brother when he had his first... lined up, its hard to tell the difference, except that the babies look different!
Pen

hu , think I'm sorry I brought it up.

Naa , superstition . I view it this way . With 6 billion of us there's gotta be more than one love for us all and somewhere, somehow there's others that will look like us . The strange part is the odds off coming across them amongst 6 billion

Cheers

i have never met my double(s) but plenty of people seem to have. I have had at least 3 people i have met in my life that swear i was in this school/certain town/etc...

The real estate agent I'm dealing with at the moment reminds me a lot of a friend I knew and lived with for a short time. Looks like him, but especially his voice sounds the same, the way he talks and his mannerisms very similar. Even more bizzare is that my friend is also a real estate agent. Makes talking to this agent a bit weird, I feel like I know him, when all I really know is his name! :eek:

My Aunt has a photo of her taken at her 21st birthday. She put it on a notice board at her 50th along with lots of other family photos - most (including her own brother and sister) thought it was a picture of me. I couldn't tell at first whether it was actually myself or her (I had to ask her).

We have very very similar (and many same) mannerisms, similar/same haircuts at various ages, and in many ways are very much the same.

It's spooky - I know what I'll be like in 25 years time! (good part is I can see what I don't like and hopefully avoid/change).

Gee the first thing I notice is lots of talk of mannerisms , which was the same with my experience.
Pete has this funny , sheepish way and tone but the other Pete also had it all identically .

And people being seen everywhere they weren't . My ex gf was always being seen somewhere . Friends would ring her up and have a go at her for snubbing them all the time . I couldn't see it myself , she had very unique features.

But talking photos , my sister also said one day don't you think Zoe her daughter , looks like Chris , the dad . You could see it but it wasn't overwhelming until she showed me a superimposed photo she'd made one day. This was amazing , every feature , line , eyes , mouth , spacing, everything , was just like an unbroken line, photo over photo.

Cheers

When I was about 12 yrs old, a new girl started at our school. The first time I saw I did a double take. I thought I had walked by a mirror. Not sure if she really looked like me, but she looked how I envisioned myself.
She only stayed a year and then was gone.

My Aunt has a photo of her taken at her 21st birthday. She put it on a notice board at her 50th along with lots of other family photos - most (including her own brother and sister) thought it was a picture of me. I couldn't tell at first whether it was actually myself or her (I had to ask her).

We have very very similar (and many same) mannerisms, similar/same haircuts at various ages, and in many ways are very much the same.

It's spooky - I know what I'll be like in 25 years time! (good part is I can see what I don't like and hopefully avoid/change).

lol this reminds me of the brady bunch and jans aunty. :p

Many years ago I had an Italian couple stop me as they wanted to take a photo of me as apparently I looked exactly like their daughter (back home in Italy). I had just stepped on to a tour bus in Singapore at the time and was a little taken aback by the sudden attention (18 yr old in a strange city by myself I was a bit nervous as it was). I have zero Italian in me, in fact I am a pale lass from England.

Also, around the same age my new boyfriend (now DH) and I were out in Brisbane and three blokes came up and starting chatting to me like we were old mates. It didn't really go down well with my man and finally we sorted it out. My double had been on a cruise with this guys and was a bit of a flirt I'd say. They swore black and blue it had been me (no, I'd never go on a cruise I really don't like them).

Annddd... after my DH's mum passed away we got served by a check out lady a year or so later that was the spitting image of her and we both went pale and got a bit shaken actually.

Last one! Just the other week a friend showed me a picture in a kiddy book of a mum riding one of those sit on trains with a bunch of kids and we all agreed it looks just like me! (it's not) We've even got a photo of me in a very similar sun hat and waving with my hand up the same (not on a train though, next to a buggy on Hamilton Island).

I haven't seen a double before. Seen quite a few similar looking people, but no clones.
That's exactly what I look like in my avatar btw, has anyone seen a double of me :confused:

Back